Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Carps > Centipedes 100%. I hope nobody here disagrees with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like that fountainhead palace is this weird hippy retreat for old women playing the shakuhachi and reading poetry and you run in and start murking everyone

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think if the story in this were Bloodborne tier it would be the best Fromsoft game ever. But unforutnatly its only Dark Souls tier.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Carps > Centipedes 100%. I hope nobody here disagrees with this.

:hai:

Also the giant straw man that lifts you up to the palace was sick as hell

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

OR whatever you call that. I love how you can see ______Owl's real personality come through in some of his attacks... His stomp punish for breaking your guard and the mikiri counter thing he can do is some very sick poo poo.. Dudes a loving killer.

i absent mindedly tried using one of the spear attacks on him. lol

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

BBJoey posted:

i absent mindedly tried using one of the spear attacks on him. lol

Wait he can Mikiri the spear too?! :aaaaa: I hardly ever used the spear but I know he could counter your thrust attack.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
loving owl(father) is kicking my rear end. i've only gotten him to phase 2 once out of like 20 tries

edit: got his rear end with 0 healing items on my 3rd rez. went like this afterwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxzl52K3fqs

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 5, 2020

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

frank.club posted:

the first try at the fight after I complained I won lol.
There’s secret magic in the Imp Zone that makes this happen every time

i'm starting to believe this is true lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish I could live at the Fountainhead Palace as a chill carp man. Its so pretty. This game feels like living in Princess Mononoke .
I strongly identify with the pot noble outside the palace who has gone fully prodromal and just mutters about how he wants to become a carp and won't leave his pot until he gets his wish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I strongly identify with the pot noble outside the palace who has gone fully prodromal and just mutters about how he wants to become a carp and won't leave his pot until he gets his wish

Lol that guy is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been playing dark souls 3 a lil after the pc sale and drat I need to play Sekiro in 60fps ASAP.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I been playing dark souls 3 a lil after the pc sale and drat I need to play Sekiro in 60fps ASAP.

It’s a religious experience

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Has anyone cracked the mystery of the CELL yet so I can play Bloodborne at 60fps?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Beat the sword saint. christ what an amazing fight

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Beat Owl Father after 3 hours. More relieved than excited to be through with that one.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

I think if the story in this were Bloodborne tier it would be the best Fromsoft game ever. But unforutnatly its only Dark Souls tier.

I've decided the combat is top tier poo poo, better than bloodborne. and NG+ is sick as hell in this game.

Makes me hype for Elden Ring

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Isshin can go to freakin' HELL!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

only if you send him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
the boss rush mod with free abilities + upgrades is top tier

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fought the Chain Ogre one time and saw now and then the option to grapple his back but never landed it.

Then I thought I’d drop off that bell some lady gave me as a quick errand and I spent the past few hours in a memory lol.

Took ages to get passed Enshin the shining Hunter. He wasn’t too bad once I calmed down and realised Mikiri counter was O not L1. Main issue was clearing out the guys with him.

Found a secret area just after him with a purple guy who killed me twice now but at least is alone.

Also took me an embarrassing long time to realise the axe was right by me and not after the first shield guys. Glad I’ll have fire for chain ogre now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Fought the Chain Ogre one time and saw now and then the option to grapple his back but never landed it.

Then I thought I’d drop off that bell some lady gave me as a quick errand and I spent the past few hours in a memory lol.

Took ages to get passed Enshin the shining Hunter. He wasn’t too bad once I calmed down and realised Mikiri counter was O not L1. Main issue was clearing out the guys with him.

Found a secret area just after him with a purple guy who killed me twice now but at least is alone.

Also took me an embarrassing long time to realise the axe was right by me and not after the first shield guys. Glad I’ll have fire for chain ogre now

I look forward to your journey. Sekiro is a masterpiece.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I wanna play this again now. The PC version is on sale and I might double dip on that rear end for glorious 60 frames per second.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m trying to ignore the dragon rot items and just try my best each run

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Should I worry about dying tonnes on my first play through?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Has anyone cracked the mystery of the CELL yet so I can play Bloodborne at 60fps?

loving this!!!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

Every opponent is your teacher, every battle is a lesson. Go forth, learn, and conquer.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm very hyped for the EmmyOk playthrough of sekiro tbqh after the roller coaster that was the dark souls run.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The boss fights in Sekiro that are basically just another person with a sword are probably the most satisfying boss fights I've ever experienced. Has anyone tried the randomizer? Any other cool mods? Gonna try the boss rush mentioned earlier in the thread

Edit: Boss rush mod is awesome

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 16, 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Had my head kicked in by this dude in purple like 100 times, he takes so much of my health in one hit and has all these insane kicks. Came super close to guardbreaking a few times but no luck.

Had my head kicked in by the big drunk fat lad too and he’s surrounded by annoying enemies so gonna head back and fight the chain ogre as I’ve a fire arm and he only kicked my head in once.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chain Ogre was way easier than those other two fights, took a good few goes but really fast to retry and made good progress each time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

No

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

That post was from a week ago but whatever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Had my head kicked in by this dude in purple like 100 times, he takes so much of my health in one hit and has all these insane kicks. Came super close to guardbreaking a few times but no luck.

Had my head kicked in by the big drunk fat lad too and he’s surrounded by annoying enemies so gonna head back and fight the chain ogre as I’ve a fire arm and he only kicked my head in once.
The early game progression is weird because there's both these routes and all the bosses test your knowledge of different things so there's always one you'll get stuck at

It's cool that you can just go away and use what you've learned in one area to beat a bit you were stuck on in another. I know that's a thing in most video games but From have tuned it perfectly

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The early game progression is weird because there's both these routes and all the bosses test your knowledge of different things so there's always one you'll get stuck at

It's cool that you can just go away and use what you've learned in one area to beat a bit you were stuck on in another. I know that's a thing in most video games but From have tuned it perfectly

lol i was constantly giving up on tough enemies and going somewhere else my first playthrough....i think every time i hit a boss i left to clean up every area id unlocked

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I was so frustrated with lady butterfly until it clicked for me. It feels like zone of the enders when you really have to just stay in an enemy's face like that. Very good fight.

An additional Resurrection! This just keeps getting better, maybe I can beat that large spear boy now.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 27, 2020

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Okay what's the deal with the elite miniboss guy in the castle? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Okay what's the deal with the elite miniboss guy in the castle? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here.
you should stab him

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
But before you stab him you need to learn the secret power of the double click you parry his double slash and he dies in no time, it's just way faster than everything else so it could take a couple of tries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jumped back in last week after not touching it since my first playthrough right after release. It's an awesome feeling to simultaneously think a boss is impossible, and knowing (not just believing) I can beat him.