Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

I think it is unlikely that that is the full scum list, but I Confirmed Town Player Grandicap seconds the motion.
The motion passes.

Today's gallows should be loaded up in the following order.
  • Merk
  • Mr. Steak
  • Captain Foo
  • Iron Chef Ramen

Hey Confirmed Town Player Grandicap, Confirmed Town Player Somberbrero here. I just wanted to voice my support for this course of action. I think you're doing a great job and I hope you know that! Alright, catch you later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Moatillata posted:

If we vote merk then the deadline is cumlative and will extend even more right? There's no disadvantage to an earlier vote right?

no claim if it's rushed

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Captain Foo posted:

they aren't walls of self-important text so you should be able to pick out my thought's pretty clearly

drat foo is spicy af right now

Could this be frustrated scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's not really like a claim matters, he isn't dead forever. He has no incentive to claim as this is inevitable.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Moatillata posted:

whatever it was it was funny as hell

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

:shrug:

Her arguments read to me like someone who is trying to get to a preordained destination

---

If we vote merk then the deadline is cumlative and will extend even more right? There's no disadvantage to an earlier vote right?

Accusing me of planning ahead? Rude.

And yeah that's correct, to my understanding.

Grandicap posted:

GK is on my short list. Depending on the results of today they could skyrocket to the head of the line. But today could be an easy 3/4 result which will set us up for 1 more sleuthing vote tomorrow before we finish everything off with confidence.

I guess that's fair for now, I'll whip up reads on GK/Foo sometime this game day but agree with the general Merk / Steak / ICR.

Is there any merit to killing 3 instead of 4 again? If we did that and got 3 MURDERERS (which honestly I'd expect) we'd have

Town: SSV, Moat, Grandi, Somber
Scum: Merk, ICR, Steak
unknown: me / KB / Bif / Hal / Foo / GK

Leaving us with two days and a massclaim to find one scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I kinda feel like the frustrated scum are the players who aren't saying anything right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Kind of weird how some players seem to be annoyed at bif despite her helping to engineer a positive result yesterday. I wonder what is motivating that feeling?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am kind of glad I am not a confirmed town player, those guys are super obnoxious

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

I guess that's fair for now, I'll whip up reads on GK/Foo sometime this game day but agree with the general Merk / Steak / ICR.

Is there any merit to killing 3 instead of 4 again? If we did that and got 3 MURDERERS (which honestly I'd expect) we'd have

I'm leaning towards going for a full set of four today cause if we're feeling real certain about merk, ICR and Steak, why take a pause to just confirm that part when we can also take a guess at the fourth at the same time and see if that's right.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

It's not really like a claim matters, he isn't dead forever. He has no incentive to claim as this is inevitable.

Yeah, if he's scum, there is zero reason to show up here.

Somberbrero posted:

Kind of weird how some players seem to be annoyed at bif despite her helping to engineer a positive result yesterday. I wonder what is motivating that feeling?

Haha, yeah.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am kind of glad I am not a confirmed town player, those guys are super obnoxious

Rude

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah, thinking about it more I guess it's bad to take away a chance to win by just getting all four.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still think Moat is scum, tbh. Have you guys considered that

...nah jk, but I'll bet at least one person believed me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm sorry, is this some kind of Unconfirmed Town joke that I'm too Confirmed Town to understand?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Confirmed Town Player Somberbrero, are you implying that the Scum team might have negative feelings towards Bifauxnen because she managed to shrug off a scum push to put merk on the gallows yesterday and derail the event that shall forevermore be know as the Confirmed Town Execution Creation Station?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lean in to the joke Hal. Let it wash over you. It is likely I will never again have such power. Let us bask in it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

it's the self-important playstyle that negates the contributions of people not playing exactly the way she would and sort of generally making it feel unpleasant to play

i have raised this about bif's style before

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

it's the self-important playstyle that negates the contributions of people not playing exactly the way she would and sort of generally making it feel unpleasant to play

i have raised this about bif's style before

I don't see that in bif's posting, but I can understand why you would be sensitive about yours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

I don't see that in bif's posting, but I can understand why you would be sensitive about yours.

idk man i've felt that in this game and in previous games, and have said as much

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

Confirmed Town Player Somberbrero, are you implying that the Scum team might have negative feelings towards Bifauxnen because she managed to shrug off a scum push to put merk on the gallows yesterday and derail the event that shall forevermore be know as the Confirmed Town Execution Creation Station?

It's always nice to chat with a member of this most august fraternity Confirmed Town Player Grandicap.

You know, I hadn't made connection previously, but now that you mention it I think you could be onto something.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Grandicap posted:

Confirmed Town Player Grandicap, I feel like the scum would be carefully trying to avoid such an obvious slip of getting visibly frustrated at someone for helping to facilitate a very pro-town result yesterday.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m town but not going to be able to do anything until real life tomorrow. Driving for the next while and then going to sleep.

Game seems to be moving faster than that. Do whatever I guess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirmed Town Player His Grace, The Duke of Ankh, Commander SirSamVimes, the problem with frustration is that it trickles out even when you don't want it to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not have any helpful results to claim for what it’s worth.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

I’m town but not going to be able to do anything until real life tomorrow. Driving for the next while and then going to sleep.

Game seems to be moving faster than that. Do whatever I guess.

Hope you enjoy whatever things you are doing in the real world merk.

##vote merk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

I do not have any helpful results to claim for what it’s worth.

##vote merk

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote merk That's one noose filled, then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah you guys might have forgotten that my vote on Foo was the first Super Serious case/vote of the game, and then flowing on into merk next, so that frustration may be a lot more baked-in by now

Oh yeah that reminds me, Somber since I don't need to be the slightest bit paranoid about the whole sizzle thing anymore, I will take the time to link you back to this old post

Bifauxnen posted:

my body is a patchwork web of flesh built over a course of years, the instrument of its design has been those who tried to dampen my passion for murdering jokephase

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

lmao yeah okay I'm blind

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

merk (7): Somberbrero, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Grandicap, Captain Foo, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (6): George Kansas, Iron Chef Ramen, merk, Moatillata, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin :rubshands:

With 13 people still alive, it took 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 21st, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 15 hours, 27 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Even disoriented as you are from the events that led you to this point, it's almost no trouble at all to take care of the first noose. Does this feel like second nature to you by now?

:cheers: merk has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is extended by twelve hours to 11:59 PM EDT, Tuesday 21-APR. [~27 hours] :cheers:

Not Voting (12): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 12 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 21st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

:words:
Even disoriented as you are from the events that led you to this point, it's almost no trouble at all to take care of the first noose. Does this feel like second nature to you by now?
:words:

Mod is taking shots at us.

##vote Mr. Steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote the sizzle, not the steak

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll join Confirmed Town Player Grandicap to get this next one rolling

##vote steak

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

Mod is taking shots at us.

##vote Mr. Steak

Nice.

##vote Steak

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
#vote steak hope you weren't hoping to have more time to write flavor pod.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote mr. steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

#vote steak hope you weren't hoping to have more time to write flavor pod.

It didn't count your vote Confirmed Town Player Somberbrero.

Mr. Steak (5): Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Moatillata, King Burgundy, Captain Foo

Not Voting (7): George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 12 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 21st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Try again.