Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Unconfirmed town Hal Incandenza approves

##vote steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

That would have been hammer if Somber's vote counted. That's what he gets for Ninjaing a post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh, I missed it.

##vote steak

More or done?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:redhammer:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Mr. Steak (7): Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Moatillata, King Burgundy, Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

Not Voting (5): George Kansas, Iron Chef Ramen, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 12 people still alive, it took 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 21st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

More or done?

No gettin offa this train we're on!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Two down. Two remain. You can't help but feel a bit... detached, really. Life's kind of funny like that.

So is death, for that matter.

:cheers: Mr. Steak has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is extended by twelve hours to 12 PM EDT, Wednesday 22-APR. [~38 hours] :cheers:

Not Voting (11): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 11 people still alive, it takes 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The more the merrier.

##vote ICR

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
##vote ICR

Going to laugh my rear end off if this comes back as 4 town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote ICR

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You're messing up the order, it's foo first, then ICR. Let's jam these through and work through our results tomorrow.

Whatever, ##vote ICR

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

##vote ICR

Going to laugh my rear end off if this comes back as 4 town.

That would put us at 9 confirmed town, and 4 confirmed scum though. So a p. good place to be too.
Also unlikely as hell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay sure ##vote icr

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

all aboard the train ##vote icr

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:redhammer:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Chef Ramen (6): King Burgundy, Iron Chef Ramen, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Somberbrero, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (5): Captain Foo, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Murmur Twin :rubshands:

With 11 people still alive, it took 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The last time Eureka saw this many deaths, it became a ghost town. But isn't that what's happening now, if you think about it? Shine's funny like that.

:cheers: Iron Chef Ramen has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is extended by eight hours to 8 PM EDT, Wednesday 22-APR. [~45 hours] :cheers:

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it takes 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Captain Foo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean...

##vote captain foo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote foo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
What’s the case on Foo?

If people can just confirmed they think the way Foo player is specifically less suspicious than GK, sure, but if someone can humor me that’d be rad

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Or i can yolo turbo, either or

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

What’s the case on Foo?

If people can just confirmed they think the way Foo player is specifically less suspicious than GK, sure, but if someone can humor me that’d be rad

GK prevented a merk execution on the 4th loop. If merk is scum, which a quorum believe here, that result would have wreaked havoc on our confirmed town goodness.

Podima posted:

:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

merk (5): Mr. Steak, merk, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, Iron Chef Ramen, Captain Foo
Bifauxnen (3): Bifauxnen, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, merk, merk
Hal Incandenza (0): merk, merk, merk, merk

Not Voting (2): King Burgundy, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it took 6 votes to execute.

So, if you believe that merk is scum, GK is unlikely scum too. It could have easily been too blatant for them to want to bus like that or something, but it is a point in their favor.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Or i can yolo turbo, either or

Also this is an informative vote, even if we don't hit 100% scum today, so yeah, YOLO, let's get them results and have a measured discussion about them tomorrow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

we actually only live five times

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oooh yeah fair enough. ##vote foo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah trying to push for merk yesterday is already a strong case for Foo being scum.

There's also all the earlier reasons I already thought Foo was scummy back on "D1", and his frustration seems consistent with being mad I latched onto him and merk so early then helped railroad things through to confirm three town yesterday. You can say scum might wanna be better about hiding their open frustration, but this has been a long slow burn. Foo does noooooooot like me, man

##vote Foo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Foo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Captain Foo (6): Grandicap, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy

Not Voting (4): Captain Foo, George Kansas, Moatillata, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it took 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

It is very funny to me that you performed not one, not two, not three, but four turbos on this day of all days when my ability to write flavor is likely to be altered.

Well played.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The final noose is filled, but you turn away eagerly - they're not important anymore, just what they represent. Indeed, once again...

things

get

downright

strange.

Blue flames leap up all around the gallows, encircling it in a ring of towering fire and sending onlookers scattering back into the shadows. Above the filled nooses, more flames trace out lettering that sears itself into your vision.

:cheers: merk, aka Oswald Olsen, has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Mr. Steak, aka Liv Robustelli, has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Iron Chef Ramen, aka Arabella Sacco, has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Captain Foo, aka Richie Talley, has been executed! :cheers:

All four nooses hang heavy on the gallows, surrounded in cold blue fire - but already, your focus is elsewhere with thoughts whirling towards the next day's work yet to come. This time your captor returns in stony silence, gazing upon you without another word as he prepares to deliver his next verdict. Once more, four massive candles rise to greet the darkness - north, south, east, west. The wick of each candle stands out curiously against the void beyond - almost as if they're absorbing the last flecks of escaping light from this burnt world.

Three of the candles illuminate, casting shadows that stretch into the darkness surrounding you - for they are the last light left in the world now, joined by a dead man's glittering smile - though is that a hint of surprise?

"Three murderers swing before me, a single breath from their final end. And yet - you managed this much and still fell short of your bold justice, many times already. Will this time prove any different... or will you continue idly along crooked paths with body after body left in your trace? The time for that strategy has long since departed, I think."

His laughter echoes into the void, surrounding you all as time begins to unmoor itself around you once again.

"The longest day will end soon enough."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Time flows backward, yet again - yes, again? You've done this so many times - repeated this same day. But this feels different than before, still.

This time, you still remember.

A gnarled hand points at you, swinging slightly in the breeze. A cryptic declaration echoes with finality, followed by a whispery laugh and the telltale rattle of death.

Why can't you remember more?
"Two more chances. The ancestors await."

Four freshly-made graves, all filled. You must have dug them... but who do they hold? Names come to mind, occupations and loyalties even - but not much more.

How did you get to this point?

You made the wrong choices - over and over again. Is this a change, or more of the same?

Still weighed down by its swaying burden, the hastily-built scaffold is left behind. In its place, a new one awaits. Four nooses dangle freely, ready for use with the next day's dawning.

Fill them with the four murderers you seek, and maybe this all ends at long last. Your only alternative is oblivion itself.

What happens next?

That's up to you.

:cheers: The game has begun once again. If you died, you are alive once more. If you used Shine, it has returned to you. But you still remember... and perhaps you have a chance. :cheers:

:cheers: Night 3 starts now. You have until 4 PM EDT, Tuesday 21-APR [~17 hours] for night actions. Please put your night action in your confessional in bold without ambiguity or let me know if you are specifically not taking an action. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The sun rises once again, flooding Eureka with its harsh glare. That's all that needs to be said about it at this point, really.

You recognize this still. You've been here before, many times.

Four nooses dangle from the scaffold, woven with care to await their eventual occupants. It's time to fill them, with the four (of course, not five) graves as a stark reminder of what awaits you all if you fail.

With all that you've done, all these memories you've retained - will this time be different?

:cheers: No one died on Night 3. :cheers:

:cheers: It is now Loop 5. :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 starts now. Deadline is 12 PM EDT, Wednesday 22-APR. [~18 hours] :cheers:

:siren: The execution method is LIMITED LIGHTS OUT. You may execute up to four times today, with the deadline extended by 12/12/8 hours with each of the first three executions respectively - thus, if you execute four times the total day length will be up to 50 hours. Results of the execution(s) will be available at day's end. A majority ##vote no execute will end the day early. If you are executed, stop posting immediately - no exceptions.

As a reminder, this is an experimental game and your forbearance is appreciated. Anything you can think of may be relevant to someone, so claim with care!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop

Not Voting (13): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, merk, Moatillata, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 13 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 42 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Effortposts will be incoming shortly

Tl dr though we should lunch 2 today

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay, so here's the thing, guys. today is our LAST day to check results before we need to submit the correct answer. there are two big obstacles we need to overcome (one of which heavily involves myself)

1) exactly one of the following people is scum:

Bifauxnen
George Kansas
Hal Incandenza
King Burgundy
Murmur Twin

we need to figure out which one it is.

2) i am going to have to work with you guys here so we don't gently caress up the entire game.

listen. scum WILL win this game by attempting to confuse you over who was town in the loop 3 results (spoiler: it was me, but everyone else is gonna say that too). literally , i was the actual worst person to be the 4th there lmao, but maybe that's why scum were okay with letting 3 of their ranks go up with minimal resistance.

anyway, i've been thinking about this all "night" but still havent really come up with a proper solution to either of these problems. at the very least, i think i can rule out hal as scum for neglecting to hammer merk on loop 2, and the majority of thread has already written off bif, so that only leaves 3 more contenders for the last scum.

on the 2nd problem though, i dont even know where the hell to start. im suddenly way more important to the game now, so i feel a ton of responsibility resting on my shoulders to not let town gently caress this up by thinking i'm scum. but i have no idea how i'm gonna manage that. right now, im gonna play it by ear and work closely with the rest of town to snuff out the final remaining scum in that list of 5.

also, sidenote, it's gonna be hilarious to see those 3 scumbuds have to argue with each other in thread because they all now "believe" the other 2 are scum. haha i cant wait to see how they play this.

preview edit @ bif
we should lunch 2 + me

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Playing D&D right now, but I will be on later tonight, I have things to share.

Full claim time please.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
full claim sounds good. i can make 1-day masonries. i abstained on n0 cuz i assumed i only got one shot of it.

post-loop1 i targeted hal, and we barely talked.

post-loop2 and post-loop3 i targeted somber and failed both times! whoever is roleblocking me, just goddamn let me mason somberrrrr

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Steak if I'm gonna ever consider you as the town you're gonna have to give me your reads bud

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Sorry I missed the last day, I was busy last night and the day ended before I even looked at it. I'll be around tonight, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Steak if I'm gonna ever consider you as the town you're gonna have to give me your reads bud

ok first of all, it wasnt my drat fault y'all turbo'd me yesterday while i was asleep