Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah, Hobbs and Shaw was definitely better than the last 2 or 3 FF movies. And as idiotic as the entire premise and final confrontation are they still felt more grounded than anything FF has done (semi)recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm on the second episode of Devs and I like it and want to keep watching it but drat this show is good at putting me to sleep.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

McMillions is 1 hour dragged to death over 6 hours

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Junkie Disease posted:

McMillions is 1 hour dragged to death over 6 hours

I think it'd be a lot better if I hadn't read the article a half dozen times over the years. I liked putting faces to names and getting the people's personalities but there weren't any twists if you'd read it. Also the philly accent is the worst so she was unbearable.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think it'd be a lot better if I hadn't read the article a half dozen times over the years. I liked putting faces to names and getting the people's personalities but there weren't any twists if you'd read it. Also the philly accent is the worst so she was unbearable.

Let's spend some time with one of the defendent's now adult son who doesn't remember his father to pad this out, also did you you know peoples attention to this case was distracted by 9/11?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

All four Lethal Weapons are on Netflix :q:

I've only seen the "Diplomatic Immunity!" one. Are they all worth watching?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
3 is pretty forgettable, 1 is good if a little problematic at times and 4 is cool if just for the West's introduction to Jet Li.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

3 is pretty forgettable, 1 is good if a little problematic at times and 4 is cool if just for the West's introduction to Jet Li.

"How'd he do that thing with the gun?"

*Sigh* "Let's go ask him"

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Glottis posted:

New seasons of Future Man and What We Do In The Shadows are both awesome. Better than the previous ones, even.
Gonna disagree on WWDITS S2, found it to be a sharp drop in quality. Gonna stick with it though. :)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

All four Lethal Weapons are on Netflix :q:

I've only seen the "Diplomatic Immunity!" one. Are they all worth watching?

The other two movies are on Hulu.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've never seen Lethal Weapon 4 but I watch this pretty frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D1CqVrGXdo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Since premieres are streaming now, I'll go ahead and pimp out The Gentlemen. It's self-conscious, self-indulgent, self-referential and as completely pure strain Guy Ritchie as possible, and it's absolutely fuckin great.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Since premieres are streaming now, I'll go ahead and pimp out The Gentlemen. It's self-conscious, self-indulgent, self-referential and as completely pure strain Guy Ritchie as possible, and it's absolutely fuckin great.

Which Guy Ritchie though? Sherlock Holmes or Rocknrolla?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

fenix down posted:

Gonna disagree on WWDITS S2, found it to be a sharp drop in quality. Gonna stick with it though. :)

Yeah I wouldn't say sharp drop in quality but definitely a tick below S1. It felt like there was less inspiration in the writing, less attention to detail overall.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Which Guy Ritchie though? Sherlock Holmes or Rocknrolla?

It's pretty much in the Snatch style

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

It's pretty much in the Snatch style

Sold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hugh Grant plays so far against type he's almost unrecognizable, and for once, is great. It's just a drat stylish movie and it oozes confidence in that particular way that can only be pulled off rarely

Soundtrack fuckin whips rear end too

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Medullah posted:

"How'd he do that thing with the gun?"

*Sigh* "Let's go ask him"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzEctvL0vrg

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sweet, HBO Max will be free to Spectrum subscribers who already have HBO.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Okay I haven't watched all of Devs, I've still got two episodes to go, but I have to say that it is some real pretentious garbage nonsense and a lot of the music is annoying as poo poo. It is, however, very pretty. Only watch it if you're high.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Edward Mass posted:

Sweet, HBO Max will be free to Spectrum subscribers who already have HBO.

Since normal HBO is the same price as HBO Max, I assume all companies will do this in the end. Because if not, it would stupid to subscribe to HBO thru a 3rd party (unless you have some weird deal going on).

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Is Sol Levante supposed to be 3 minutes long and "a big deal?"
It claims to be the first "hand drawn anime with 4k HDR quality with some sort of deal with netflix but its reccomended to me as a "film" and looks super CG animated.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I don't know if any of you have heard of a movie called Midsommar,

More seriously, violence and general bizarreness aside this has to be one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. And the violence and bizarreness is just as beautiful. Everything is so symmetrical.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 20, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

More seriously, violence and general bizarreness aside this has to be one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. And the violence and bizarreness is just as beautiful. Everything is so symmetrical.

I loved it. I was a bit iffy at first because it was so different from Hereditary, but once I accepted that I was all in.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

My favorite movie of 2019. And don't forget just how drat funny it is. On purpose, too!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

As a kicker, my family is deeply swedish so in my mind it's essentially a documentary about my grandparents

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Okay I haven't watched all of Devs, I've still got two episodes to go, but I have to say that it is some real pretentious garbage nonsense and a lot of the music is annoying as poo poo. It is, however, very pretty. Only watch it if you're high.

Hard disagree, but I'm into artsy-fartsy stuff. I loved the way music was used, the sheer volume and mood really worked for me as a stylistic choice. Plus I was introduced to the band Low.

I will say that I found eps 5 and 6 to be pretty slow and I don't think they stuck the landing.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Hugh Grant plays so far against type he's almost unrecognizable, and for once, is great. It's just a drat stylish movie and it oozes confidence in that particular way that can only be pulled off rarely

Soundtrack fuckin whips rear end too

Watched it; loved it. Ritchie does gangster hijinks like no one else. Wish he'd pump out films like this once a year.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Code 8 is a fun movie.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Somehow I had never seen Bloodsport until it just now started streaming on Netflix. lol it rocks. I haven't seen a more unintentionally funny movie in a long time, its almost Best of the Worst material

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I haven't seen that in years. I'm gonna watch it now. The whole real life Frank Dux story is just so silly but hot drat the movie is buckets of dumb fun.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Somehow I had never seen Bloodsport until it just now started streaming on Netflix. lol it rocks. I haven't seen a more unintentionally funny movie in a long time, its almost Best of the Worst material

Just fast forward to the good parts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

pumped up for school posted:

Like where the cops are chasing him?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pumped up for school posted:

Good enough for the president!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the SXSW Amazon Prime lineup is weak:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sxsw-amazon-virtual-fest-sets-slim-lineup-april-27-launch-1291101

Obviously was looking forward to Green Knight and the Console Wars documentary, but I get why they'd hold off.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
HBO Max has finally announced its launch date: May 27. That's still in May, right?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah. They’d be smart to launch it immediately. Same for Peacock. Everyone is sitting at home. Launch them now, make the first month free.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
My hope is that the late date is because the director's cut of Justice League is the launch-date killer app, and it's not finished yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I watched Waco. It was pretty good. The bits about the Branch Dividians and the FBI watching The Lawnmower Man was darkly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tim Whatley posted:

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the SXSW Amazon Prime lineup is weak:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sxsw-amazon-virtual-fest-sets-slim-lineup-april-27-launch-1291101

Obviously was looking forward to Green Knight and the Console Wars documentary, but I get why they'd hold off.

Figured as much, when a bunch of film makers were interviewed they said their film was already bought and they had no say over taking the deal or they went deep into debt making their movie and couldn't risk putting it on streaming tanking their sale price.