Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Conan knocked it out of the park again tonight. Colbert was much improved with leaning into the weird.

I caught a little bit of Fallon and my god that man has been doing this for how long and is still this bad at interviewing people? I understand why they constantly have him to little bits with guests because my god he is painful.

Seth wasn’t as good of an interview with Warren as he was with Bernie the night before. It was a lot more softball questions and less about policy, etc which I felt was the opposite with Bernie and really helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Djarum posted:

Seth wasn’t as good of an interview with Warren as he was with Bernie the night before. It was a lot more softball questions and less about policy, etc which I felt was the opposite with Bernie and really helped.
I assume cause Bernie is still a candidate and Warren isn't.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Harminoff posted:

Looks like some others are getting into home talk shows as well.

Some Good News with John Krasinski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U
Boy, John Krasinski sounds different from his Office character. Maybe he is just a lot more enthused here. It's weird.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

jojoinnit posted:

I assume cause Bernie is still a candidate and Warren isn't.

No it was more like the kind of interviews that candidates normally have on these shows, blowing smoke up their rear end and trying to promote them. The Bernie one was refreshing because it was all substance and serious. I can assume if Biden would appear he would get treated like Warren.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

pwn posted:

Fallon
Monday - Kim Kardashian West, Jon Bon Jovi, Ryan Tedder
Tuesday - Demi Lovato
Wednesday - Adam Sandler
Thursday - TBA
Friday - Miley Cyrus, Lewis Capaldi

Seth
The guests listed for tonight and tomorrow are Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. They may be encores, as they were both recently on the show. No other guests are listed yet. Fridays are still reruns.

Update: Sandman’s appearance on Fallon is pushed back to Thursday. Tonight’s guests are Joe Biden, Andy Puddicombe, and Marcus Mumford. Tomorrow will be Adam Sandler and Hot Country Knights.

Seth’s guest tonight is Martha Stewart, and Amy Poehler on Thursday.

Lizzo canceled her Monday night appearance on Kimmel.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This is the most fresh Conan I've watched since the late 1990's.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh man the opening to Colbert is gold!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Apparently Adam Schlesinger did a lot of work with Colbert over the years, so I'm sure there will be some kind of tribute tonight.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
There already is a youtube video on him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm not proud to admit I found Conan's house on Gearth.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

We are watching a man having a breakdown and it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh0ZhiynNeA

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schedule for the week starting 2020.04.06

Colbert
Monday - Chance the Rapper, Thomas Lennon, Jim James
Tuesday - Conan O' Brien, Michael Stipe
Wednesday - The succdems from Pod Save America, Sam Hunt
Thursday - Jon Meacham

Kimmel
Monday - Kaley Cuoco, The Marsh Family
Tuesday - Ellen DeGeneres, Sam Fischer
Wednesday - The Cast of Modern Family
Thursday - Don Cheadle and Regina Hall, Phoebe Bridgers

Fallon
Monday - Lady Gaga, Andy Cohen, Billy Joe Armstrong
Tuesday - Justin Timberlake, Russell Wilson and Ciara, The Avett Brothers
Wednesday - Taraji P. Henson, Dua Lipa
Thursday - Mike D and Adrock, Anna Kendrick, Dan White
Friday - Kerry Washington, Anderson .Paak

Seth
Monday - Tracy Morgan
Tuesday - Kamala Harris
Wednesday - Jim Gaffigan
Thursday - Jane Fonda

Conan
Monday - Tracy Morgan
Tuesday - Stephen Colbert
Wednesday - Kevin Bacon
Thursday - Tig Notaro

pwn fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 7, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tracy morgan is always a hoot on Conan so I've got high hopes

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tracy morgan is always a hoot on Conan so I've got high hopes

It was pretty drat amazing. Tracy just went nuts for 20 minutes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tracy morgan is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJksQFYBwFc

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Djarum posted:

It was pretty drat amazing. Tracy just went nuts for 20 minutes.

He didn't try to stab him this time, right?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Colbert and Conan being on each other's shows on the same night is pretty funny (though I know Conan's will be better.) Pretty cool of Colbert having Michael Stipe on with his history with the Colbert Report and Stipe frequently posting some cool videos during his self-quarantine.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

D'Arcy Carden (Janet from the Goods Place) is a delight on the latest Conan podcast and gets very filthy from about 13 mins in.

I wonder if he does these in a batch during the summer or something. So strange not to hear a podcast reference current events outside of the clips they play at the beginning and end.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Pretty sure they’re recorded when the guest appears on the main talk show. They stockpile them and record the rest of the material shortly before release.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Speaking of the podcast, the one with Steve Coogan was really good. Coogan tends to be a bit awkward and standoffish in interviews and he and Conan got along really well. Plus that episode ends with a recording of Matt and Sona helping Conan remotely set his MacBook up for recording and it's hilarious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This stuffed animals bit is so god damned stupid. I love it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schedule for the week starting 2020.04.13

Colbert
Monday - Matthew McConaughey, Sam Hunt
Tuesday - Dr. Jonathan LaPook, Cate Blanchett
Wednesday - Shaquille O’Neal, Jessica Meir, Matt Berninger
Thursday - Trevor Noah, Christine and the Queens

Kimmel
Monday - Jack Black
Tuesday - George Stephanopoulos
Wednesday - Jason Bateman
Thursday - Seth Rogen

Fallon
Monday - Blake Shelton, Kenan Thompson, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani
Tuesday - Michael Shannon, JJ Watt
Wednesday - Pharrell Williams, Millie Bobby Brown
Thursday - Chelsea Handler, Michael McDonald
Friday - TBA

Seth
Monday - John Oliver
Tuesday - Billy Eichner
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday - Bill Hader

Conan
Monday - Nick Kroll
Tuesday - Keegan-Michael Key
Wednesday - Russell Brand
Thursday - Julia Louise-Dreyfus

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Man, I dig Michael Shannon but Fallon talking to him over Skype? That's got awkward written all over it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Higgins made his second shot tonight, and him and his kids large adult sons are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nvGZYs1SM
(From March 30, starts at 4:49)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7fgzqOF7VM
(From tonight)

pwn
May 27, 2004

Update: Tonight’s full Fallon slate also includes Kelly Clarkson and Dude Perfect; Bill Hader dropped out on Seth and John Mulaney takes his place.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ellen is daytime not late night, but she's treating her staff like poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vegetable posted:

Ellen is daytime not late night, but she's treating her staff like poo poo.

This sort of thing is not inconsistent with other things I've heard.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You don't really have to solicit for stories. You can't spend a week in L.A. without someone leaning in and telling you a story about how awful Ellen is, whether you know that person or not. It's like New Yorkers and stories about rodents of unusual size.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Late night-adjacent: In the unlikely event that you haven't heard, there is a giant event happening today and tonight across the internet and broadcast networks, One World Together at Home. The internet portion will stream on Youtube, Facebook, et al at 1PM EDT, and there will be a two-hour prime time broadcast at 8PM EDT on NBC, CBS, and ABC, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, and Jimmy Fallon. Here are promos broadcast on NBC this past week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAPecwMQkfQ

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like it’s 2pm eastern according to YouTube.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Yes it is, my mistake.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schedule for the week starting 2020.04.20 :okpos:

Seth Meyers is off this week, but they are presenting encores of Second Chance Theatre episodes that they’ve done from 2014 to 2020. Especially look forward to the first three episodes this week: In case you forgot how Seth’s show was in the first few months before the set change and abolishing the standing monologue. Watch for his leaping onto the moving desk platform after the monologue! Watch long-gone and long-missed Kim Thompson on drums! See! The 8G Band on the left side of the studio! And Fred on guitar :monocle:

Even though last week Seth announced that all five shows would be Second Chance Theatre episodes this week, the listings currently only show SCT on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday are classics from 2014. The other two SCT episodes from 2014 (#133) and 2016 (#371) are omitted, unless the schedule changes.

Also: James Corden returned last week, and... his loving show is actually kinda good when he turns it down a few thousand percent. I particularly enjoyed this interview with Yuval Noah Harari, a true critical voice of our country’s response to this crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRRhvwkV7L0

And I’ve really been digging Reggie Watts’s presence in the show. That is all.

Colbert
Monday - Trevor Noah, Willie, Lucas and Micah Nelson
Tuesday - Michael Moore, Brett Eldredge
Wednesday - Nathan Lane, José Andrés
Thursday - Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin, Ina Garten

Corden
Monday - Taraji P. Henson, Andrea and Matteo Bocelli
Tuesday - Ray Romano, Melanie C
Wednesday - Mike D and Ad-Rock (Beastie Boys,) Alec Benjamin
Thursday - Hugh Jackman

Kimmel
Monday - Snoop Dogg
Tuesday - Tom Holland
Wednesday - Chris Hemsworth
Thursday - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Fallon
Monday - Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer, Megan Thee Stallion, Dan White
Tuesday - Halle Berry, Russell Westbrook, Meghan Trainor
Wednesday - LL Cool J, Dr. Jane Goodall, Kate Tempest
Thursday - Rhett and Link (Good Mythical Morning)
Friday - Jonas Brothers, Lester Holt, CHVRCES

Seth — (Mostly) Second Chance Theatre Week
Monday - Will Forte, Michael Symon, SCT (#0046, OAD 2014.05.16)
Tuesday - Jason Sudeikis, Kathryn Hahn, David Remnick, the inaugural installment of Live-Action New Yorker Cartoons (#0017, OAD 2014.03.18) Jason Sudeikis, Aubrey Plaza, SCT (#0133, OAD 2014.11.25)
Wednesday - Andy Samberg, Busy Philipps, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer (#0011, OAD 2014.03.10) The Lonely Island, Greta Gerwig, SCT (#0371, OAD 2016.05.16)
Thursday - Will Forte, SCT (#0799, OAD 2019.02.13)
Friday - Andy Samberg, SCT (#0947, OAD 2020.02.04)

Conan
Monday - Bob Odenkirk
Tuesday - Lin-Manuel Miranda
Wednesday - Shaquille O’Neal
Thursday - Kaley Cuoco

Phew, that’s done. I wish I had a joint.

pwn fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 22, 2020

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Conan's guests are never the biggest stars but always the ones I'd most like to see on Conan.

Surely that is design at this point.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What are you talking about? They got Shaq

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

algebra testes posted:

Conan's guests are never the biggest stars but always the ones I'd most like to see on Conan.

Surely that is design at this point.

Conan's lineup is perfect. Nobody is minor and I'd rather see any of them over the other hosts guests. The only ones I'd like to see Conan also do are the surviving BB's and Ahnold.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh hey, as it turns out, despite tonight’s Seth being listed as #0017 from March 2014, it is actually #0133 from November 2014. I also would expect that tomorrow’s show will not #0011, but rather #0371 from May 2016.

pwn fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 22, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This Jordan bit with the dog biscuits

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That was the happiest Conan has seemed since he started doing shows from home.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

This Jordan bit with the dog biscuits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx2Xsznzk5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

conan and shaq was great too