Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Played the entire event because tf else am I gonna do and got 6 shiny sentret, 1 shiny cubone, and 1 shiny ralts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

LumpyGumby posted:

Just before the event started I caught my second shiny Tauros. Then I caught a don't Bronzor and shiny spoink. Not bad so far!

And later a shiny Arnaldo and shiny sentret, plus about four joltiks and a gothita.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Within the first hour, hand 2 shiny sentrets and a shiny squirtle. Then for the rest, just 1 more shiny sentret. But the litwicks were cool.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I got no shinies this incense event, but that's ok I didnt want a sparkly golden raccoon anyways :3:

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Maybe a bit late for gyms but my current go-to Pokemon for gyms is a 57 points Letarking. Saw a billion of high-cp ones back in the day when some community day event happened so I figured I had to do the needful. Sadly I don't really notice many theme gyms around here, it usually is either something meta or a recent shiny/CDay Pokemon to brag I guess

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I finally reached best buddies with my maxed-out 100% mewtwo. Now I don't have to grind hearts, don't have to grind my buddy to excited and don't have to care about PVP. Bliss.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Louisgod posted:

When are the remote raids and whatnot going to begin? Can’t find a date anywhere.

"Soon" is literally all I found

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Tjadeth posted:

bug hour for me was three!! joltik and a metric ton of anorith (which is exciting for me as a casual) but ground hour was underwhelming
I wish I remembered it now, the Anorith would have been useful for my alt.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Wheany posted:

I finally reached best buddies with my maxed-out 100% mewtwo. Now I don't have to grind hearts, don't have to grind my buddy to excited and don't have to care about PVP. Bliss.

As a man hopelessly addicted to getting Best Buddy status on like a dozen headliners you are doing the wise thing, that route only leads to madness

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I completely noped out of interacting with the buddy system after getting one best buddy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I just wish they'd fix gotcha support.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Parrotine posted:

As a man hopelessly addicted to getting Best Buddy status on like a dozen headliners you are doing the wise thing, that route only leads to madness

I have a chandelure, two lucarios, a conkeldurr and the mewtwo ast best buddies. But I think my next two buddies are going to be a couple of 3* flower crown eevees that I will make into espeon and umbreon. I will walk them the 10km and that's it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

iospace posted:

I just wish they'd fix gotcha support.

It kills me that this bug is gonna wall me off from catching things for that CD day

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My research stack is completely gone. Is this a new thing? I can't find anything online from this year.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I had all my research briefly disappear a few weeks ago. It came back after a bit. I'd contact support if yours doesn't.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kantesu posted:

I had all my research briefly disappear a few weeks ago. It came back after a bit. I'd contact support if yours doesn't.

I'm not sure that will work since they said it's unsupported behavior.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
So the buddy event also spawns decent amounts of joltiks, alolan Meowth, lillipup, feebas and woobat. That really makes that month of woobat research rewards seem like a waste of time, but is good news for anyone who missed out on joltiks during the incense day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I totally forgot this was even happening. Go me for paying attention!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
And of course on the very next day after I finish getting mewtwo to best buddy, the buddy event starts where it's easier to level up your buddies.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This event is great as I finally caught an Illumise, which is otherwise regional and not available here. All the Joltik and Woobat candy doesn't hurt either. Good event.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finally got a goddamn volbeat

Event good enough for me

E: fix the goddamn go plus/gotcha bug Niantic goddamn

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 21, 2020

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
This is good timing. I need 20 candies to purify my Entei and Raikou. That'll take 100km each now instead of double that.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
so do we arrange goon-to-goon friendening times in this thread for people who want to pop lucky eggs, 'cause I got someone I nicknamed "LumGumSA" on my friends list that I'm one day off from best friending

LumpyGumby posted:

And later a shiny Arnaldo and shiny sentret, plus about four joltiks and a gothita.

oh hey that's probably you

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

This is good timing. I need 20 candies to purify my Entei and Raikou. That'll take 100km each now instead of double that.

I think your walking time is better spent elsewhere, unless you are flush with non-legendary candy. You could save up a bit of rare candy for those two.

My walking priorities:

Bastiodon candy for 3rd move.
Dratini candy for my first Dragonite (Lucky too, Master League here I come!)
Litwick, Gible, Durumaka, Toegetic, Larvitar: also for my first evolves.

Anything after that will be powering up Conkeldurr,Snorlax, and Lucario but that might be pushing it.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Tjadeth posted:

so do we arrange goon-to-goon friendening times in this thread for people who want to pop lucky eggs, 'cause I got someone I nicknamed "LumGumSA" on my friends list that I'm one day off from best friending

oh hey that's probably you

I'm LuckyZombieHand on pogo.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Even with bad IV, they are better off as shadows

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
There is something fucky about getting buddy hearts from feeding your buddy because of course there is.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

LumpyGumby posted:

I'm LuckyZombieHand on pogo.

Yep; want me to open your gift this time tomorrow, earlier, later? Or do you care?

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Dr Tran posted:

Even with bad IV, they are better off as shadows

Better for PvE, PvP, or both?
Also, how expensive is the power up for a shadow compared to normal? I'm seeing info online that I think is out of date. The GamePress calculator says it is cheaper?? Can't be right.
Edit: new shadow cost is 20% higher

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 21, 2020

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Shadow's about 20% more expensive than normal these days.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Tjadeth posted:

Yep; want me to open your gift this time tomorrow, earlier, later? Or do you care?

Nah go for it. I'm almost level 40 anyway, and I've got a few more people hearing best friends. Thanks though!

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
It was such a good feeling purging hundreds of rejected Meltan into a separate Let's GO Pikachu profile I made in preparation for today, saving me time on releasing them all and rewarding me with two Meltan candy each, to boot. The extra box space back is a great boon, too.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Walk a little bit, take pictures of your buddy and he’s excited

.75km for Scraggy and Roggenrolla is niiiice

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I've never bothered to see if my buddy was excited so this is new.

What's the best way to use this week for multiple buddies to level up?

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Lorak posted:

It was such a good feeling purging hundreds of rejected Meltan into a separate Let's GO Pikachu profile I made in preparation for today, saving me time on releasing them all and rewarding me with two Meltan candy each, to boot. The extra box space back is a great boon, too.

I should have thought of that, I manually transferred ~220 legendaries last night. Though a lot of them couldn't have gone to Let's Go anyway..

Also chalk me up on the "can't be bothered with buddy system" list. Is there even any point if we're staying at home so not clocking up candy distance anyway?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Has anybody else given up on trying to win 4 battles in GBL due to the overabundance of Landorus eating all of their golden razberries and ultra balls?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Froist posted:

I should have thought of that, I manually transferred ~220 legendaries last night. Though a lot of them couldn't have gone to Let's Go anyway..

Also chalk me up on the "can't be bothered with buddy system" list. Is there even any point if we're staying at home so not clocking up candy distance anyway?

Adventure Sync doesn’t seem to count for buddy walking which kills both treadmill and sex swing so

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Adventure Sync doesn’t seem to count for buddy walking which kills both treadmill and sex swing so

Are you on iOS? I read somewhere that there's a bug with adventure sync in the latest version on iOS. I got a phone sex swing a few weeks ago after I saw someone post about them here and I'm absolutely getting buddy hearts from adventure sync with it.

Also discovered yesterday there does seem to be a cap to the number of candy you can earn in a day from walking your buddy. I was walking my good Dragonair so I can evolve my first Dragonite and after a while I just stopped getting candy. Thought adventure sync was busted but swapped buddies to test and got hearts on the new buddy but no candy. This morning I can get candy again, didn't pay attention to where I started for candy yesterday so not sure what the number is but I'll find out today!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I was at rank 7 for loving ever in battle league. Went 21-4 and finally got to rank 8, RIP me.

All maxed out, team was Rhyperior with mud slap/rock wrecker/surf, Togekiss with charm/flamethrower/ancient power, and Leafeon with razor leaf/leaf blade. It kicked rear end. Now time to get owned.

Lobsterpillar posted:

Has anybody else given up on trying to win 4 battles in GBL due to the overabundance of Landorus eating all of their golden razberries and ultra balls?

They really need to get him the hell out of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dr Strangepants posted:

I think your walking time is better spent elsewhere, unless you are flush with non-legendary candy. You could save up a bit of rare candy for those two.

My walking priorities:

Bastiodon candy for 3rd move.
Dratini candy for my first Dragonite (Lucky too, Master League here I come!)
Litwick, Gible, Durumaka, Toegetic, Larvitar: also for my first evolves.

Anything after that will be powering up Conkeldurr,Snorlax, and Lucario but that might be pushing it.

I didn't know there was a 40km/24hr limit. I suck.