Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Roosevelt posted:

i think i'd be dead in a month

echinopsis posted:

sounds like heaven

probably not if you're a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm literally hikeing right now

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

lot of fog hiding in the valleys this morning

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gorgeous. velvety

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

greetings from glacier national park

go outside whenever you can in a safe and socially-distanced way. it will do wonders for your mental health.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People have been very bad about keeping to the social distancing rules, so someone did this in protest

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Kind Friend posted:

greetings from glacier national park

go outside whenever you can in a safe and socially-distanced way. it will do wonders for your mental health.

:eyepop:

greetings from some cove in the PNW

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I want to get out but there are more people on the trails right now than the busiest summer day.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BUMP quarantine loving blows

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The Fool posted:

I want to get out but there are more people on the trails right now than the busiest summer day.

went to the park across the street last week and there were more people out on a wednesday afternoon than on the weekends in the summer. they were good about keeping their distance though

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

BUMP quarantine loving blows

outside is lava
inside is void

:negative:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t wait to have the weekend of not going to work. have my kids the whole time until sunday evo. we still can’t do gently caress all except go for a walk but I like their company and also not having to go to work gently caress yes

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

had a dream last night that I was hiking

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had a dream I was in some Tennessee valley and it was raining

I’ve never even been to Tennessee

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I went walking on the city trails a bit yesterday

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

thats a cool bird imho

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

power botton posted:

thats a cool bird imho

seriously, i already love stellar's jays and that looks super neat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

clearly neither of you have heard a group of magpies singing their "song" outside your bedroom at 5 in the morning

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

no I live in a city with an insane stray cat population who fight a lot over territory so I hear cats shrieking and yowling at 2 or 3 AM outside my bedroom.

also early to bed early to rise makes a man cool as h*ck or whatever. why aren't you waking up at 5 anyway

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

maybe once a month the weirdly huge skunk population meets the huge cat population and my backyard gets sprayed overnight

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

stuff at my job has me wanting to run into the woods so, so bad

is anyone working anywhere hiring for backend development? or any remote software dev of any kind

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Jonny 290 posted:

so who else is thinking about finalizing their retreat from [sub]urban society this week and just going to be a hairy mountain person in the woods

I would be a lot closer to doing this if I was single. I think I low key expected to die young and alone.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

The Fool posted:

I went walking on the city trails a bit yesterday

This is a great picture. I am starting to understand the allure of bird watching. Between 9:30 and 10:30 my backyard becomes a disney princess movie but with grackels and rabbits.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

syntaxrigger posted:

I would be a lot closer to doing this if I was single. I think I low key expected to die young and alone.

i can't stop thinking about how much this crisis would have whipped rear end when i was in my 20s. this is probably the best time in history to be single and introverted

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well, as long as you’re still employed

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
but there's a stimulus check and a moratorium on evictions, i could have survived for months on 1200 bucks and no rent

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

lancemantis posted:

Well, as long as you’re still employed

Even then, it's not like you can really count on that lasting. The idea of long-term planning has been taken out back and shot by boomers. Not that it was much more than a fantasy for the privileged, anyway. Hooray.

Otherwise, I'd be really tempted to do the hairy mountain man thing, but I'd be worried about stranding myself in a situation that would be hard to get out of if (when?) things get Really Bad.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

psiox posted:

Even then, it's not like you can really count on that lasting. The idea of long-term planning has been taken out back and shot by boomers. Not that it was much more than a fantasy for the privileged, anyway. Hooray.

Otherwise, I'd be really tempted to do the hairy mountain man thing, but I'd be worried about stranding myself in a situation that would be hard to get out of if (when?) things get Really Bad.

i'd do the hairy mountain man thing but i am a Tremendous Pussy who also doesnt know poo poo about gently caress

syntaxrigger posted:

This is a great picture. I am starting to understand the allure of bird watching. Between 9:30 and 10:30 my backyard becomes a disney princess movie but with grackels and rabbits.

birds are great, pimp your backyard with birdfeeders. suet in the colder months, hummingbird feeder comes out next month for us.

poo poo i should try hand feeding birds now

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

bird feeder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tv

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i think some canadian geese have started nesting in the field across from my back yard. i hope i get to see some fluffy baby hellbirds soon.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i think some canadian geese have started nesting in the field across from my back yard. i hope i get to see some fluffy baby hellbirds soon.

canada geese

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

geese are scum and u should addle their eggs or at the very least use a green laser pointer to get them to gently caress off

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean the mountain man thing might seem OK in the ideal mind but I would also worry about ending up as "homeless person living in their car" like the guy I've been passing on my runs the past few days and I hope the park police don't harass because they've been stepping up their patrols lately and they only ever seem to just harass those folks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

canada geese

"Canada goose" is an incorrect translation as a result of quebecois interference in the language. Canadian goose is correct.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

geese are tasty, they're all dark meat and a lot like roast beef. also goose fat is great for roasting potatoes

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've mostly been hanging out with the fellas and maybe I'll see a bunch of smaller ones again this year; seems like we had a pretty good survival rate last season

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

lord funk posted:

bird feeder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tv

So I can't speak to having a bird feeder but I have 3 fig trees and a asian pear tree in my back yard and a flock of what my dad would call "teeteese chests" were chillin in the fig tree and a big ole crow did a fly by of them squawking at the top of its lungs. It was pretty hilarious.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

why in the gently caress are backcountry campsites and trailheads closed this is so stupid

how is solo hiking 15 miles into nowhere not social distancing

aaaaahggh

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what if you infect a bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why in the gently caress are backcountry campsites and trailheads closed this is so stupid

how is solo hiking 15 miles into nowhere not social distancing

aaaaahggh

A lot of people suddenly have a lot of spare time and it's nice weather.

Here in The Netherlands parks, beaches, forests, etc have become very crowded the past few weeks.

Solo hiking isn't if everybody has the same idea