Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
beat the remake, really fun combat. didnt care for the story bit about the black ghosts being agents of destiny and them dictating the future but i liked it when that turned into fighting destiny to make any future possible for the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got smoked by Werewolf B in the desert. Watch out for those motherfuckers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

no one really positing about remake...is it lovely?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's litty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Everybody is too busy playing it to post about it, is what I assume

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

in fact, the opposite

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's quite good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's epic that the tutorial of 12 is a political assassination while armies are warring and then the actual game kicks off with 3 hours of killing rats in a variety of sewers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

its extremely good. aND good news. theres a 200 page games thread about it so theres LOTS of epic posts about it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its also quite a bit longer than i thought it would be. i started what i thought would be the end yesterday but its taking a lot longer than i thought. which is cool. becasue cloud tifa barret and aerith are my best friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wHy did it play the Victory Fanfare and say CONGRATULATIONS in huge gold letters after I killed a slime in ff12.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sorry a flan.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

wHy did it play the Victory Fanfare and say CONGRATULATIONS in huge gold letters after I killed a slime in ff12.

Because you won.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

That's what happens after boss fights in XII

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Wrong. It was four flans and it was a boss fight. Congratulations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

That's what happens after boss fights in XII

When I killed the flamehorse it just whinnied and turned into an orb. This game is awesome so far. I made Vaan a monk, Penelo a red mage, Fran a machinist and Balthier a Foebreaker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Urge to play FF12 rising...

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

beat the remake, really fun combat. didnt care for the story bit about the black ghosts being agents of destiny and them dictating the future but i liked it when that turned into fighting destiny to make any future possible for the story

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

heck, same

#teamtifa

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:gonk:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's Aeris?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

final fantasy, baby!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!
she's been dead for 23 years cloud. just let her go.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
jessie raspberry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Urge to play FF12 rising...

Its wicked sick once you unlock subjobs. it was already a fairly cool game but now ive run into hunts where ive made specific gambit loadouts just for that fight and after you get out of the endless desert theres a lot of really cool art...this game is great

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I remember back in the day I actually kinda loved how FF12 had these big sprawling areas that were almost bland and then you'd see something or go somewhere really cool. It helped that I liked the combat a lot so walking around in the desert never bothered me but still, there was a rhythm to it and I don't think i played a jrpg with that sense of scale before then

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I couldn’t stand 12 when it released but the new version that lets you have multiple jobs per character and a fast forward feature let me really enjoy it. Lots of cool environments and the hunts are fun.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Playing the remake now and enjoying it quite a bit. It’s cool how they fleshed the world out and I like how Midgar really looks like the industrial parts of saitama or aichi

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Things to notice: Biggs looks like Charlie sheen and I can’t I see it :gonk:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he also sounds like charlie sheen

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

He’s Balthier from 12 and I can’t unhear it, like President Skullface and his general Bender aka Wakka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

took a break from the story to catch up on a bunch of hunts and they're real cool. The world feels huge the first time you explore everything and then with a chocobo on 4x speed you can run coast to coast in 45 seconds. The gimmicks they've been using for the different bosses and hunts are cool too, and now I'm far enough into license boards that I have access to 10 different ways to tackle every fight...this game owns.