Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
It's probably just me for some reason, but my PlexAmp iOS app is either broken or worthless. For some reason when I search, it only brings up results from Plex Podcasts and Plex Podcast Episodes. As far as I can tell I have it set to search the correct library, and I can still go to the home tab and select music from Recently Played, Recently Added, and Most Played, but that's it. Also no way to just browse my library? Something's screwy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Happened to me as well, change your source to Music in the settings.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not being able to browse the library is a specific design choice. Yeah it’s pretty stupid, I agree. It’s a shame, as I like the player and am happy having something separate for music but being forced into an esoteric way of listening to music is just dumb.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sat down to do a rewatch of Breaking Bad and S01E01 only had a French track. Rest of the show looks good, but is there a way to scan my whole Plex library for any media that does not have an English soundtrack so that I can get a better copy? Luckily BB is on Netflix so didn't have to deal with it while we're all ready to watch, but could happen in the future and I'd like to janitor this now while it's on my mind.

Thanks in advance!

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

OldSenileGuy posted:

It's probably just me for some reason, but my PlexAmp iOS app is either broken or worthless. For some reason when I search, it only brings up results from Plex Podcasts and Plex Podcast Episodes. As far as I can tell I have it set to search the correct library, and I can still go to the home tab and select music from Recently Played, Recently Added, and Most Played, but that's it. Also no way to just browse my library? Something's screwy.

Go to manage library > advanced, make sure visibility is set to "Include in Home Screen and Global Search". I had the same issue and changing it to that cleared it up.

brains
May 12, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Sat down to do a rewatch of Breaking Bad and S01E01 only had a French track. Rest of the show looks good, but is there a way to scan my whole Plex library for any media that does not have an English soundtrack so that I can get a better copy? Luckily BB is on Netflix so didn't have to deal with it while we're all ready to watch, but could happen in the future and I'd like to janitor this now while it's on my mind.

Thanks in advance!

from the web view, browse the tv library, click "all," set a custom filter for audio language and the audio track titles from everything in the library will appear as criteria (i.e. english, french, director's commentary, etc). you can do the same with movies, just easier since it's a default filter option.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

brains posted:

from the web view, browse the tv library, click "all," set a custom filter for audio language and the audio track titles from everything in the library will appear as criteria (i.e. english, french, director's commentary, etc). you can do the same with movies, just easier since it's a default filter option.

Terrific, thank you!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Stockwell posted:

Go to manage library > advanced, make sure visibility is set to "Include in Home Screen and Global Search". I had the same issue and changing it to that cleared it up.

That did it, thanks! Strange that that isn't on by default.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Plex Dash doesn't have Discord intergration for notifications. Nice mobile app though!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The Windows 10 computer I use for my Plex server completely crapped itself. It crashes like four times a day so I'm going to have to reinstall Windows.

I am severely dreading this because I'm going to have to set up sabnzbdb and all its intricate folder and move settings as well as Sonarr and even the TV guide batch file that starts with my computer to correctly download the latest live TV guides for Plex, all over again.

Anyway is there some easier way to do this other than having to completely start from scratch? Just getting all the NZB indexer site settings and API codes back into Sonarr makes me want to crawl up into a ball and die. If it helps, the hard drive with the crapped up Windows on it isn't going to get wiped. I'm buying a whole new C: just so I can easily access the old install if I have to. Any guidance would be really really appreciated.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 26, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s a consequence of a monolithic install I’m afraid. I’d advise you save your Jackett config into in a text file somewhere reliable and paste it in when you’re setting it back up. Probably set up a script to copy out your db and guide stuff as well. You could likely automate most of it, but that become a function of whether or not it’s worth the trouble vs just manually going it every so often.

I really recommend docker setups due to this sort of thing, but there’s a knowledge investment of a afternoon or two and the assumption that you’re down for a Linux system. Note you can totally do it on Windows but there’s an added layer of potential weirdness going that way.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

The Windows 10 computer I use for my Plex server completely crapped itself. It crashes like four times a day so I'm going to have to reinstall Windows.

I am severely dreading this because I'm going to have to set up sabnzbdb and all its intricate folder and move settings as well as Sonarr and even the TV guide batch file that starts with my computer to correctly download the latest live TV guides for Plex, all over again.

Anyway is there some easier way to do this other than having to completely start from scratch? Just getting all the NZB indexer site settings and API codes back into Sonarr makes me want to crawl up into a ball and die. If it helps, the hard drive with the crapped up Windows on it isn't going to get wiped. I'm buying a whole new C: just so I can easily access the old install if I have to. Any guidance would be really really appreciated.

Make a backup which should copy all your config settings.

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Backup-and-Restore

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=8449

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/40bvhs/movingbackup_sabnzb_couchpotato_deluge_plex_sonarr/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair to Microsoft, I did have two completely new builds and an os upgrade on this single Windows install. I had Windows 7 running SickBeard like a decade ago on an Athalon 64. Then I upgraded to one of the first i7 processors which obviously meant new motherboard, ram, cpu etc and still on that same Windows 7 install. Then I upgraded to Windows 10. Had that setup for about 7 years and a few months ago I did a complete upgrade again, now to an i7 9700k and a new graphics card. All on the same Windows install from back when I was still using the Athalon 64. I'm honestly impressed it lasted this long.

I'd do the Linux thing if I wasn't also using this for games. I run it headless but I have a few Nvidia Shield devices around my home, including an Nvidia Shield Portable, so that's what I use for gaming from the Plex PC since it's not really feasible to have a gaming pc in every room in the house. Honestly the picture quality is so good that to me it looks just as good as having the computer directly connected to the tv over hdmi.

Woah this is much easier. Thank you so much.

I am guessing I will have to change the name of my server from what it used to be for Plex. Does that mean my friends who I gave plex usernames to will have problems unless they know how to change the server from "this device" to "Frank's basement computer 2"?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Yeah, if it has built in backup stuff go do that 100%. No need to go the container route if you’re using that PC for other stuff. Not sure about the user stuff but I’d assume at worst you’d just have to reshare the server or whatever.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I am guessing I will have to change the name of my server from what it used to be for Plex. Does that mean my friends who I gave plex usernames to will have problems unless they know how to change the server from "this device" to "Frank's basement computer 2"?

You're welcome.

You should be able to delete "Frank's basement computer" then just add it back as "Frank's basement computer"

https://forums.plex.tv/t/delete-old-server/158493

But I don't know if you loose permissions or tags doing that. You may just be able to use the same name under Friendly Name in the settings

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If someone is already using old pc parts, what exactly is the point of using Linux?

The Windows 10 computer I use for my Plex server completely crapped itself. It crashes like four times a day
Hmmm.

That said if you want to use this same machine for other things, stick with it I guess.
For anyone wanting to deploy a reliable dedicated server though, the steps to install OS, install docker, and choose an all-in-one image that contains a working PLEX/RADARR/SONARR/jackett/download manager is something a novice can follow.
If you run it on a debian distribution, the chance of it breaking within 5 years is extremely low.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

To be fair to Microsoft, I did have two completely new builds and an os upgrade on this single Windows install. I had Windows 7 running SickBeard like a decade ago on an Athalon 64. Then I upgraded to one of the first i7 processors which obviously meant new motherboard, ram, cpu etc and still on that same Windows 7 install. Then I upgraded to Windows 10. Had that setup for about 7 years and a few months ago I did a complete upgrade again, now to an i7 9700k and a new graphics card. All on the same Windows install from back when I was still using the Athalon 64. I'm honestly impressed it lasted this long.

I always do a fresh install when upgrading mainboard/cpu/ram, but that's just me. I also keep monthly image backups, so as to keep any restoration process as seamless as possible.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hahahahahahaha you goobers jinxed me. The drive I use for my docker configs just poo poo the bed. So no more sonarr settings for me. I really need to get a proper NAS setup.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

The more I read about Plex setups the more I'm convinced the best setup is some flavor of Linux running Docker. I've had mine running for months now with zero issues on an old crappy Lenovo mini-pc. Just stop Docker when I need to update, have it pull down new images and away we go.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

If you’re feeling particularly lazy you can slap watchtower in there to do that automatically. You’ll want to set up a cron to prune old images occasionally though. https://github.com/containrrr/watchtower

Wouldn’t recommend that for anything approaching production, but it does the job well for stuff like Plex and other apps that get regular updates.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Warbird posted:

Hahahahahahaha you goobers jinxed me. The drive I use for my docker configs just poo poo the bed. So no more sonarr settings for me. I really need to get a proper backup.
Backups, not NAS. NAS serves an entirely different purpose.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I don't know if this is a Plex issue, TV issue or Chromecast issue, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have a Sony TV with gen 2 Chromecast that I cast to from a win 10 pc using my android phone app. Last night I turned off the TV as usual before bed, leaving it on the TV input. I never turn off the Chromecast itself which has a mains power source. This morning, the TV was turned on and the input was set to the hdmi port for the Chromecast. Throughout the day it's been randomly switching input from TV or av to hdmi and showing the Plex ready screen. I've not cast anything to the Chromecast, either from my phone app or the server on my PC, so I'm utterly baffled. Any help would be gratefully received.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Could be a CEC issue, look through the TVs menu and disable it if you see it on.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I bought a pixel 3 new off Amazon, apparently from some third party company "wireless experts Inc" in December 2019. I have two issues:

-even though USB c can't go in the wrong way, each connector side only works to charge my phone when plugged in, one of the two ways. If your turn the cable around, the other side has the same issue, it only works plugged in one way on each side of the cable.

-the camera has problems focusing and goes in and out of focus a lot. Like it jumps. Like a kid playing with a twist focus camera lens.

It's been well under a year, what do I do? Complain to Google or to the seller? And what can I expect?
Edit: VVV sorry!

redreader fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 2, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
This is the Plex thread not Pixel! :haw:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

redreader posted:

I bought a pixel 3 new off Amazon, apparently from some third party company "wireless experts Inc" in December 2019. I have two issues:

Hey buddy FYI your phone wasn't new when you bought it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

redreader posted:

-even though USB c can't go in the wrong way, each connector side only works to charge my phone when plugged in, one of the two ways. If your turn the cable around, the other side has the same issue, it only works plugged in one way on each side of the cable.

-the camera has problems focusing and goes in and out of focus a lot. Like it jumps. Like a kid playing with a twist focus camera lens.

It's been well under a year, what do I do? Complain to Google or to the seller? And what can I expect?
Edit: VVV sorry!

Have you tried running your phone in a docker container?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Plex on Apple TV seems to have got an update in the last few days, backgrounds now appear in movie view (which I think used to be a thing and now came back?) and the TV season layout is different. I like both, although I’m good at backing out of the TV show by accident at the moment.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Plex on Apple TV seems to have got an update in the last few days, backgrounds now appear in movie view (which I think used to be a thing and now came back?) and the TV season layout is different. I like both, although I’m good at backing out of the TV show by accident at the moment.

Each season being selectable at the top of the screen is a huge usability win.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Gay Retard posted:

Each season being selectable at the top of the screen is a huge usability win.

Unfortunately they also took away the shuffle button when you’re in a season for some reason. It’s still there if you long-press on a season, so it’s just more inconvenient/unintuitive now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Plex Lifetime Sale today - $99.99 . Promo code USETHEFOURTH https://plex.tv/subscription/upgrade

If you have an existing subscription, it'll bring it down. I'm part way into a 6 month and my end price is $88.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 4, 2020

derk
Sep 24, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Plex Lifetime Sale today - $99.99 . Promo code USETHEFOURTH https://plex.tv/subscription/upgrade

If you have an existing subscription, it'll bring it down. I'm part way into a 6 month and my end price is $88.

thank you!

just upgraded. cost me 68 bucks!!!

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

EL BROMANCE posted:

I dont think Plex on ATV ever had background art. Its new. The improvements are welcome.

It still has a bug where scrolling through the alphabet on my large movie section, the page does a wierd bouncing thing

I also finally bit on the lifetime deal. With discount and applied credit it was $73 for me

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah I've been waiting on a lifetime deal for a while now, so I jumped on it. Not a $75 deal, but whatever. Multiple users and hardware transcoding is worth it for me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cornjob posted:

It still has a bug where scrolling through the alphabet on my large movie section, the page does a wierd bouncing thing

Yeah I've had some weird stuff like that, also when scrolling through actor lists and it kinda binds itself to the first one. Nothing major but I hope they notice and fix.

Also from what I can tell it used to use backgrounds with heavy color blurring (like iTunes used to for music displays) so you couldn't make out the detail. I think it was the background and not poster anyway. Either way, the new view is definitely an improvement and weird it's taken so long.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 4, 2020

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Fantastic find and thanks! For reference, I am on monthly and I received an additional 2 dollars bucks off.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanks for the code! I've been meaning to upgrade my monthly for awhile and kept forgetting.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
If you need a pass now that works but the lifetime passes are regularly 75 bucks

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Taima posted:

If you need a pass now that works but the lifetime passes are regularly 75 bucks

I wouldn't say "regularly." I haven't seen it be that price since maybe a Black Friday or something. I've been waiting quite a while for it to go on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I wouldn't say "regularly." I haven't seen it be that price since maybe a Black Friday or something. I've been waiting quite a while for it to go on sale.

I bought a $75 pass on 4/24. I saw random email

quote:

We’re going old school with a throwback to the original lifetime Plex Pass pricing. Thank you for all of your support!

This exclusive discount on a lifetime Plex Pass is available now through 11:59 PM PT on Tuesday, April 28, 2020. This code is for your account only and can be used once.
and just pulled that trigger since I am trying to set up an extremely basic home system.

So check your Promos folders of your gmails accounts, or similar.