Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yeah 1.5 by July lets goooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erebus posted:

Why do people actually want to be Bucs

It’s every rich straight white mans dream to retire in FL, Tom and Gronk are merely the two most recent additions to this lifelong pursuit

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 22, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s every straight white mans dream to retire in FL,

Nope

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do think Kairi said はなせ (hanase) instead of "I'm not set," but what she said doesn't really matter when you gently caress up that move that badly. Nia Jax can huff my goddang shorts.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So does this mean whoever tackles Gronk and pins his shoulders for more than 3 seconds becomes the new champ? Someone is going to need to pay attention to who the lineal champ is going to be from now on.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shinjobi posted:

I do think Kairi said はなせ (hanase) instead of "I'm not set," but what she said doesn't really matter when you gently caress up that move that badly. Nia Jax can huff my goddang shorts.

The argument is whether Nia is merely a massively dangerous botch machine or actively out to hurt Sane. I guess she could have been trying to get her poo poo in like when Charlotte almost killed Sane, but what poo poo does Nia even have to get in? Punches and Samoan Drops shouldn't be that dangerous.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s every rich straight white mans dream to retire in FL, Tom and Gronk are merely the two most recent additions to this lifelong pursuit

Colorado or New Mexico. :colbert:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Kairi was trying to say "hanase, hanasa, hanacoosa" because she's a big Michael Jackson fan, but also misremembered the lyrics

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE will just make him convince Tom Brady to host raw or some poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zeta Acosta posted:

Sasha, Charlotte and specially Nia arent good enough to shoot safely so thats a botch, jack.

To be fair to Sasha, she just seems to enjoy landing on her own head and neck, she doesn't really injure other people that much that I've seen

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

StarkRavingMad posted:

To be fair to Sasha, she just seems to enjoy landing on her own head and neck, she doesn't really injure other people that much that I've seen
There's a gif of her kicking Paige into nonfunction I guess

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Astro7x posted:

Uh... what? Read this thread some someone that speaks the native language

https://twitter.com/kontra_diction/status/1252683942819438594

Point still stands, if I knew Nia was about to botch a move on me I'd be screaming "let me go!" too

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The problem wasn't "not being set" it was the fact that the only part of her Nia got close to a turnbuckle was her loving head

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a tweet and some discussion about kairi sane saying "i'm not set." please don't say things like "that's not the argument", etc. You're arguing something else that has nothing to do with that and every single person in the world agrees with you. Don't ever get mixed up around me again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't blame her for saying she's not set and to let her go. Nia should not be in the business, and sending her back to developmental where she still won't learn will solve nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince has gotten so used to just ignoring contractual obligations when he doesn't feel like it that he forgot that the legal system favoring rich white dudes goes both ways.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kairi said "I acquit."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

sticklefifer posted:

Kairi said "I acquit."

Still one of my favourite stupid SA stories

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Whatever she said, she used Mike's voice to say it

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

StarkRavingMad posted:

in nxt she broke alexa`s nose like two times i think? , paige neck was made of glass but a bad put kick of sasha triggered her career ending injury

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

oldpainless posted:

Look there’s lots of good women wrestlers they could use but how many women wrestlers are part of The rocks family?

His daughter is training,I think so now...2

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

Still one of my favourite stupid SA stories

That and the Patty/Paddy argument in the HIMYM thread.

I also vaguely remember someone being upset about the lack of authenticity in the office because the amount of road salt on Michael’s car wasn’t accurate for that time of year in Scranton, Pa.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
if hanase is the rude way to say it, whats the polite way?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Kairi was saying 話せ the imperative form of talk, because she suddenly wanted to talk to Nia about the match.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.facebook.com/7175346442/posts/10157673176166443/?d=n

“Congratulations to Rob Gronkowski -Gronk, the current WWE 24/7 Champion, on his return to football.

Per the rules of the 24/7 Title, Gronk must defend his championship at all times in any location. He could be celebrating a touchdown pass from Tom Brady... anytime, anywhere.”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

hanase yeeeeeah

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

How polite are we talking here? There are different forms of keigo.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fit em all up in there posted:

https://www.facebook.com/7175346442/posts/10157673176166443/?d=n

“Congratulations to Rob Gronkowski -Gronk, the current WWE 24/7 Champion, on his return to football.

Per the rules of the 24/7 Title, Gronk must defend his championship at all times in any location. He could be celebrating a touchdown pass from Tom Brady... anytime, anywhere.”

this is so embarrassing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Imagine being told in an important game "hey could you sit on Gronk for three seconds to do an angle for this lovely belt we gave him on WWE?" Or after winning or losing said important game, "hey, good news, you tackled him long enough that you won this lovely belt!" Would you not think WWE sounded like the dumbest poo poo ever?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They're 100% gonna do an angle in the middle of a game on FOX and it's gonna be the most cringey poo poo ever

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Honestly, if like, Mike Evans scored a TD and then the offensive guys were celebrating and then Evans rolled up Gronk, that'd be pretty funny.

What'd be even funnier is if somebody on the opposing team did it after a brutal drop or fumble or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I want the 24/7 title to do the physical version of the NJPW lineal title winding up in like, Finland. Let it fly free if the confines of WWE and migrate to Mongolia.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Goddamn Vince is is gonna want Gronk so fuckin bad now that he left him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This has been discussed extensively, but what shits me the most about this is not the botch.

Nia Jax is a bad wrestler attempting a dangerous move, and executing it poorly due to lack of skill/strength, thus hurting her co-worker. This is bad, very bad even. But I don't think it is the worst thing about it.

What is the worst is that Nia seems to be proud of it. There is no "I am embarrassed that I am bad at my job. I am sad that I hurt someone who put their bodily safety in my hands. I am sorry to that person, who was hurt directly because of my actions. I want to, and will try to do better and make sure that something like this won't happen again." There is none of that. Instead there is "Ha ha! gently caress you! Look at how I can injure people with how big and strong I am! Yay me!"

And, to beep boop it for a second, that also doesn't make sense. If Nia was so strong, she would have thrown Kairi further and she would have hit all three turnbuckles with her back, and avoided the botch. If Nia had taken maybe one or two more steps, Kairi would also have hit all three turnbuckles more safely than what happened.

So either 1) Nia Jax is hopelessly bad at wrestling/ring awareness/strength issues, and it was an accident, (that happens far too often). or 2) She was intentionally trying to hurt a woman who placed her trust and physical wellbeing in her hands.

gently caress her, and gently caress the WWE for letting her get away with it and putting her in situations where she can/will do it again.

And I reckon the WWE does that because their thinking is Nia is big, tall, made her name in WWE. and related to the Rock = good. Kairi is foreign, and made her name elsewhere = bad.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
something something malice something something incompetence

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
She's just doing what her bosses told her, none of them have a single ounce of agency in their characters. Especially the women, who seem way more micromanaged than the men's side.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still wanna know what she did to blow both her ACLs. She never leaves the ground.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope Gronk tells WWE to go gently caress themselves with any 24/7 shenanigans and we get something even more pathetic than Undertaker getting stood up by Lebron (we won't because there's nothing quite as pathetic as that).

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I hope Gronk tells WWE to go gently caress themselves with any 24/7 shenanigans and we get something even more pathetic than Undertaker getting stood up by Lebron (we won't because there's nothing quite as pathetic as that).

What is the Undertaker/Lebron story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

My guess is that Nia probably regrets the botch but someone has told her that any amount of heat is good heat so that's why she keeps tweeting nonsense after legitimately injuring her co-workers