Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Adus posted:

Honestly one of the things that concerns me the most is Zack being alive. That's really going to have some major repercussions. At least, that's what the ending seemed to imply? If that's not what it meant then it was misleading. I guess he could be dead still but maybe dies later than he would have before (and if the PAST can be changed too then poo poo is really up in the air). If that happened, would Cloud change? Since he probably wouldn't retroactively take on Zack's life if he survived longer. Or am I completely wrong about what that scene was saying?

It's a different universe. Note that the Stamp on the chips bag that floats by is different than our Stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

PunkBoy posted:

It's a different universe. Note that the Stamp on the chips bag is different than our Stamp.

I remember that now, though I can't remember if they implied the group we've been following now in this different universe. If so, are there going to be two Clouds and Tifas, etc?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Adus posted:

I remember that now, though I can't remember if they implied the group we've been following now in this different universe. If so, are there going to be two Clouds and Tifas, etc?

I think it's pretty much safe to say everything is speculation and no one will be able to give you a definitive answer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Caidin posted:

One thing I wished they'd gone into is why Wedge and Biggs are there, Like Wedge 100% does not come off as a dude who'd be comfortable doing ecoterrorism after he sees the fallout of the first reactor. Did he tilt the pinball machine and fall into Barrets hideout?

I think it makes more sense in this version where Avalanche is clearly a larger org and Barret has an extremist breakaway faction, and maybe Wedge got dragged along for the ride, he is the one that seems to keep good ties with the main org

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PunkBoy posted:

It's a different universe. Note that the Stamp on the chips bag that floats by is different than our Stamp.

They really should've shoved a big poster of this universe's Stamp in my face before that because I wouldn't in a million years remember what Stamp looked like enough to pick that up

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PunkBoy posted:

This has neither been confirmed nor denied.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stamp is everywhere, there's a whole chapter where it's like "look for the Stamp graffiti"

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Stamp received as much screen time as Biggs.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Stamp has his own theme song. What does Biggs have?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Stamp is everywhere, there's a whole chapter where it's like "look for the Stamp graffiti"

They chapter was like 100 years ago

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are the mini-games more difficult on Hard mode? Aside from the combat ones of course.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Stamp scared to bite the hand of the master that fed him?" :smugdog:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Like Spuds McKenzie and Lassie, there have been many Stamps throughout the years

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Barret's monologue about Stamp being corporate propaganda and the dog being the victim of exploitation was great

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Heath posted:

Like Spuds McKenzie and Lassie, there have been many Stamps throughout the years

Yeaaaaah except Zack's last stand is like a week before FF7 actually begins? So I doubt Shinra updated all their propaganda and Avalanche updated all their graffiti.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Stamp being different is just visual shorthand, a tip to the audience that poo poo Is Different, even in ways you wouldn’t necessarily expect.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Stamp being different is just visual shorthand, a tip to the audience that poo poo Is Different, even in ways you wouldn’t necessarily expect.

No, actually the depiction of Stamp was so important that the Whispers were keeping Basset houndform as part of the Destined Timeline

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

gently caress it, make Stamp a shiba or corgi for the memes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im like five pages behind but why are people copying posts from the spoiler thread into this one and not vice versa lol

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

anakha posted:

gently caress it, make Stamp a shiba or corgi for the memes.

There will be a multitude of different breeds, all wearing black robes. Organization Canineteen

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I want a Stamp DLC.

I also want a Classic Model dlc, with a bunch of goraud-shaded polygons everywhere.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Stamp, but he's whatever Red XIII is

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
red is clearly more feline than canine but i respect his choice of morphological identity

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Heath posted:

Stamp, but he's whatever Red XIII is

There's twelve other animals of different breeds wandering the streets in a dazed doggy stupor wearing tiny tattered cloaks. Occasionally, one them transforms into Stamp to tag the city streets with graffiti.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Agents are GO! posted:

I want a Stamp DLC.

I also want a Classic Model dlc, with a bunch of goraud-shaded polygons everywhere.

Square did a chibi version of 15 for the switch so I fully expect a Classic Proportion FF7R in like a year and a half

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
What was up with the one place in Wall Market where you a gatling gun would shoot at you if you tried to use a screen inside it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

el oso posted:

What was up with the one place in Wall Market where you a gatling gun would shoot at you if you tried to use a screen inside it?

It's a nod to the shop in the original with a broken Gatling gun. If you return later you get an item in the original. I forgot to check it out in this one, maybe there's something in the later chapters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
specifically, you get Tifa's ultimate weapon out of that machine

it does require you to first dig up a key to midgar on the opposite end of the world, however

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

JBP posted:

It's a nod to the shop in the original with a broken Gatling gun. If you return later you get an item in the original. I forgot to check it out in this one, maybe there's something in the later chapters.

I actually can't find it when I returned.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Man, this last Shinra Simulator gauntlet is kicking my rear end. Maybe I'll do more chapters in hard mode before I come back to it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Agents are GO! posted:

Maybe just a nod then. Might have been cool to have it give you some gloves in this one as a big nod though.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Agents are GO! posted:

What he means by return later is returning to Midgar *after* you leave in the original game like Oxxidation said.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who’s to say we won’t go back to that shop in FF7R-3?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also remind me again why that shop even has a loving Gatling gun

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Augus posted:

Anti theft

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m doing the multiple dresses, do all side quests and Johnny trophies - do I have to finish chapter 9 for these to count?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Augus posted:

One of your main characters has one attached to his arm

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

should steal the Gatling gun from that store and give it to Barret

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Harrow posted:

Meanwhile, when's the next place that would make a good conclusion for a standalone game?

gotta be the city of the ancients, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Just reached the credits. Going in I knew nothing about the original FF7 beyond Cloud being a gruff sword boi, Sephiroth being a big ol' final fantasy bad guy, and the ur-spoiler of Aerith dying (presumably to stop the meteor from the visions?), so now that I've reached the end I can say... it was really fun! The main characters had a great dynamic with some potential for solid character development drama, the combat was engaging and challenging and refreshingly grind-free, and the villains were eminently hateable (loving Reno, god drat). But it was also a lot weirder than I expected it to be? Like, in a good way. The whole Wall Market segment came out of left field and was absolutely spectacular: the hella fun HELL HOUSE fight, Andrea's fabulous dance sequence, the squat friends, ugh that was all so good.

I know a bunch of callbacks to the original probably flew over my head, but the only things I felt I didn't get were some of the brief shots towards the end, like the camera freezing on a picture of a dog for a few seconds? Why?? and I'm not 100% sure on the timeline of Zack dragging Cloud to Midgar and why Sephiroth is chasing them, but that probably was a late game reveal originally too so whatevs.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what the next game has in store! Just gotta wait... a few years or so :(