Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

T-Mobile has/had some incredible deals if you're a vet on a family plan. ~$20/mo per line or so for unlimited everything, including international data/texting (slow 3g, but it works for basic poo poo) roaming.

Their service is mediocre as hell though in their shittier markets, I can live with it for the price though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watched Underwater today. A very competent sci fi thriller. The pressure suits the characters wear are very Starcraft Terran marine-like.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bloops posted:

Watched Underwater today. A very competent sci fi thriller. The pressure suits the characters wear are very Starcraft Terran marine-like.

I watched a making-of for those suits. Mostly 3d printed, and they actually had to work as pressure vessels (the head pieces at least). Very neat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MA-Horus posted:

I watched a making-of for those suits. Mostly 3d printed, and they actually had to work as pressure vessels (the head pieces at least). Very neat.

No poo poo? They looked great still and in motion.

What's crazy is Underwater was made for 50-80 million. It looks a lot more expensive on screen.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

who remembers the blackberry storm lol

Flying_Crab posted:

T-Mobile has/had some incredible deals if you're a vet on a family plan. ~$20/mo per line or so for unlimited everything, including international data/texting (slow 3g, but it works for basic poo poo) roaming.

Their service is mediocre as hell though in their shittier markets, I can live with it for the price though.

Pretty much this yeah. Not the best service. I added siblings and such and I think for six lines unlimited everything it comes out to around $120.

ATT I was paying upwards of $100 towards the end. Lest we forget unlimited poo poo went away for a hot minute there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh dear

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Is there a place to reliably get masks of any variety right now dust, surgical or otherwise? At a minimum, I've got to go to my school to progress some research on Friday, and I've got masks on standby there for that particular purpose, but otherwise I just did the CDC no-sew thing with some post-Navy White T-s that I got that didn't get used because I got the wrong size. I would prefer not getting made fun of when I went to the grocery store. Masks are mando as of tomorrow in PA.

Honestly wish I had a bandana right now and could just rock with that.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Is there a place to reliably get masks of any variety right now dust, surgical or otherwise? At a minimum, I've got to go to my school to progress some research on Friday, and I've got masks on standby there for that particular purpose, but otherwise I just did the CDC no-sew thing with some post-Navy White T-s that I got that didn't get used because I got the wrong size. I would prefer not getting made fun of when I went to the grocery store. Masks are mando as of tomorrow in PA.

Honestly wish I had a bandana right now and could just rock with that.

You need a hookup from Chinese relatives and friends.

Really.

If you have any, ask them.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ded posted:

You need a hookup from Chinese relatives and friends.

Really.

If you have any, ask them.

That's kind of what I figured the case was, but I figured I'd ask. I went to the store today to avoid all of that (note: I take no issue with mandating face coverings, I'm just not adequately prepared to not look stupid during this time). I'm not expecting to have to go back to the grocery store until probably Thursday (if my produce takes a hit). Would try to draw it out until next Monday.

The people I know that would have access are all nurses, and I'm not asking for a stitch of fabric from them that they could use later.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You could try going to a motorcycle shop or online rather, and looking for a neck tube. It's what I use when I go out and you can just throw the thing in the washing machine when you're done.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I just ordered from this site https://www.art3d.com/category/face-mask/ a few days ago so not sure how long it will take or the quality. People (probably this company) were posting that link in Amazon mask Q&As and seems to have positive results. At worse they fleece me out of $80. I just wanted something beside the homemade mask for me and the N95 mask (my husband had one in his tool chest that he'd forgotten about).

Edit: Also I ordered a buff from this site https://buffusa.com/ at the same time as the other site and that shipped out. I wanted something to cover if I went for a run

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Alright, in that case I'll just stick with what I've got. I'm not expecting any protection from it, but it is a CDC recommended approach so gently caress it. I've had an ongoing dust allergy at my office so I bought a dust mask to keep in my desk drawer for real bad days. Lamenting not having gotten a 10-pack at the time (and keeping it home, can't exactly go grab the one from the office). I'm sure I'll forget to prepare for this just in the future like I don't have a spare 9-volt in the apartment right now and I know its a matter of time before that thing starts beeping.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A turtle fur would do. I got a mask from Dearborn Denim.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

just get a aheago face mask

bengy81
May 8, 2010
https://shopkarls.com/heavy-metal-necko

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bloops posted:

A turtle fur would do. I got a mask from Dearborn Denim.

Ah, this is actually perfect. Thanks!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Variable sweep ear failure experienced today

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
For my cat, the 3/9 o'clock ear position signifies an aggressive scratching is needed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Just watched 1917. Hell of a movie, incredible suspense aided by an amazing score and what a drat production.

Plot didn't make a lot of sense to me, but it was so well done I pretty much forgot about the premise after like ten minutes and just enjoyed the ride.

If there's a making of, that's one making of I absolutely need to see. Because goddamn...two takes.

...how.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

sorry I’m mixed up with war movies over the last few years

So that one is worth a watch you say? Not on anything for streaming yet—might Redbox it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just watched 1917. Hell of a movie, incredible suspense aided by an amazing score and what a drat production.

Plot didn't make a lot of sense to me, but it was so well done I pretty much forgot about the premise after like ten minutes and just enjoyed the ride.

If there's a making of, that's one making of I absolutely need to see. Because goddamn...two takes.

...how.

The plot is super straight forward: two sorry British blokes have to deliver an order to call off an attack the Germans have tricked the Brits into. One soldier’s brother is on the attacking force.

Alternatively: it’s a treatise in how to get a real sweetheart case of PTSD in about 14 hours.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I watched the new Jay and Silent Bob flick the other night out of sheer boredom and was quite entertained. Whole lotta fourth wall patronizing, but it felt good to watch.

Saw something about Bruce Campbell might be in Mallrats 2, because that's a thing now, I guess.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

...how.

It's not actually 2 takes. It's a ton of clever editing. They said they had to do this one shot over 17 times because a lighter would not light up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It’s something like 57 different scenes all told.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

bloops posted:

It’s something like 57 different scenes all told.

Seriously? That's incredibly well done then. I noticed there was like probably 4-5 points in the movie that I could have seen them cutting scene. 57 is just amazing editing if that's the case.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

e: wrong thread

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I somehow didn't get my wisdom teeth pulled in the army. They came out today with a few others. Seven teeth yanked in 90 minutes. At a VA. No gas, just a bunch of local 'caines. No prescriptions for anything.

The next few days are going to suck.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wait, what? No percs or anything? What the hell?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No anything except needles full of novocaine derivatives. Septicaine, I think, is what I heard.

I've taken one excedrin so far.

To be fair, my medical record is littered with poo poo like, "refuses opiates" and "heavy marijuana user" so they may not have bothered just from that mess.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 22, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well that sucks.

My experience with wisdom teeth has not been a sharp pain, but a wretched ache. The pain itself was fine but until I gobbled my drugs I was tensing up a lot and could see how it'd hinder the healing.

So, uhh, toke up, I guess?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, can't smoke either. Dry socket risk.

I have a nicotine patch on and I hit a few puffs of a cigarette through a nostril. I'll just keep the patch on.

I have a ton of reclaimed hash, I should just put a tiny chunk in a piece of paper towel and just drop it down the hatch.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

edibles? tincture?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can't chew, so no on edibles. I don't have any alcohol to make tincture.

But I did buy a clone today.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Fuuuuuck that. Getting my pec tendon re-attached barely hurt past the first few days, and I didn't touch any of the narc stash they gave me after day 2. Wisdom teeth? Load me up to the loving gills.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can't chew, so no on edibles. I don't have any alcohol to make tincture.

But I did buy a clone today.

Have you considered asking for a couple of days' worth of medication?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm at the ice pack stage.

I'm also out of gauze pads.

Not going to bother asking for painkillers now. It's annoying, but not awful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn't get painkillers when I had my wisdom teeth out, either. I got mine removed in 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
800mg of motrin (4 200mg pills) worked better than the Vicodin they gave me when I had mine out before I went in.

After I saw how they did wisdom removals in boot I was glad I did it before.