Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

codo27 posted:

What's the difference in recoil stabilization & recoil control?

I'm giving the EBR a try as I love my FAL but need more power. But drat it's hard to manage

Stabilization is horizontal recoil and control is vertical recoil IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Recoil stabilization is horizontal recoil, control is vertical.

If you're good at pulling down on recoil and have a weapon with inconsistent or unpredictable horizontal recoil, go with stabilization.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

I'm giving the EBR a try as I love my FAL but need more power. But drat it's hard to manage

In my experience, no matter what you do to the EBR it's still gonna be trash. I cannot get that gun to feel even vaguely useful.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Call of Duty: Console Warfare

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It was nice having the EBR with stopping power just now as a squad sauntered out into the street and I was confident I could delete them all. Knocked two but got stuck on a hedge apparently made of concrete and couldn't get back behind cover again so I died.

This game doesn't need a new map, just needs all the little annoyances like that fixed and the interiors of every building rearranged by a sane person, not a Sentinelese who's never seen the inside of a building before

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

codo27 posted:

DISCORD

This fuckin game, man

I'm so good they finally dedicated a store pack to me

When I try that link for Discord I get an expired invitation error message. Got a current one?

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

codo27 posted:

Get the sks its a good m14

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Going back to the aug after leveling everything else and still love it. Something about it feels right to me.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I just unlocked the SKS. How does it compare to say the FAL? I find the EBR too weak and jumpy.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im loving this new feature of the random crashing in the campaign with no error messages now happening routinely during warzone/plunder, this is great

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Fists Up posted:

I just unlocked the SKS. How does it compare to say the FAL? I find the EBR too weak and jumpy.

The SKS seems to be pretty loving good. The key is getting it to level 10 and then going to game battles and making a custom modification with the attachments you want to use.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The lag is making this poo poo almost unplayable the last few nights.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Bardeh posted:

In my experience, no matter what you do to the EBR it's still gonna be trash. I cannot get that gun to feel even vaguely useful.

When I got gold on it for damascus I built it for recoil (merc foregrip, big barrel) over ADS speed and it was a competant head tapper. Stopping power rounds also make it kill on chest shots which make it valueble.

chinigz
Nov 12, 2016

toiletbrush posted:

No...they also seem to be perfectly timed with when I'm shooting.

This exactly, I get the lag spikes and jitters just as we both round the corner, bizarre. And I win these often enough that I think the other player is getting them too. really odd

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Uzi is so loving good in both warzone and multi now.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The Uzi is so loving good in both warzone and multi now.

Did they change it? I swear it seems better than it was a couple of weeks ago

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They beefed up it up substantially about a month ago and added 10mm rounds although it’s still great with regular rounds. Def one of my favorite early game pick ups right now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

One thing I'm starting to learn about Battle Royale in particular is it's really no more than 50% head clicking ability, tops. Being able to read the environment, use the tacticals, lethals, etc you scavange cleverly and set up traps and ambushes is key. Also picking your fights and knowing when to cut bait- last man standing doesn't mean you have to have personally killed everyone else.

I've managed some solo squad wipes that way, and admittedly run into some traps I should have seen coming (enemy team set up a vehicle for the grabbing, and was waiting around the corner with mines and RPGs to blast whatever team took it.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The EBR and SKS have insane amounts of visual recoil which has not a whole lot to do with their actual recoil, i.e. the gun model will always jump much higher than where the next shot will actually go. This is why it feels like they kick like a mule and are impossible to control. Putting any picture-in-picture scope on them seems to mitigate it a little bit (presumably because you're not using any part of the gun sights).

Presumably this is the devs' solution to make it harder to use them as semi-auto sniper rifles, and it sucks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Got a 48 banger tonight. Choochoo.

Owlbear Camus posted:

One thing I'm starting to learn about Battle Royale in particular is it's really no more than 50% head clicking ability, tops. Being able to read the environment, use the tacticals, lethals, etc you scavange cleverly and set up traps and ambushes is key. Also picking your fights and knowing when to cut bait- last man standing doesn't mean you have to have personally killed everyone else.

I've managed some solo squad wipes that way, and admittedly run into some traps I should have seen coming (enemy team set up a vehicle for the grabbing, and was waiting around the corner with mines and RPGs to blast whatever team took it.)

Yes a lot of it is teamwork and setting up traps. Herding enemies to where you need them to go to get easy kills on them. Constant UAVs are always nice, but looking up for parachutes and loadout drops near buy stations are also an easy way to locate people. My biggest tip is stop looking at the floor for loot, you will find enough loot. Also stop running, just walk, when you get to a new building, listen for idiots who's broke brains don't know when to stop looting. Once you've gotten your loadout drop, it's all about finding and killing others, then occasionally trying to replenish your armor and ammo.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 22, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They are not gonna win any awards for the ping system but god drat it baffles me how many people are completely unaware of the map and any pings happening. If I ping an enemy, that should be pretty straight forward. Stop trying to read off whatever number is on the compass, ping what you're alluding to.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Sometimes you gotta run for cover which is when I'm calling out compass directions. Also can't ping thru walls, but in those cases I'll pull up my map and drop a marker on the building.

Re: SKS. Imo it is better than the FAL in core modes (well at least GW which is all I play). It has high visual recoil but fairly low actual recoil, and one hit kill headshots at insane ranges. If you have good snap on aim you can just delete people with it. Even closerange it's not bad since it will almost always be a 2 shot kill. I prefer the 2nd longest barrel, a red dot, silencer and some ads mods (usually tac laser).

IDK why but I could never do poo poo with the M14. The giant weapon model and visual recoil really gently caress with me.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Considering pinging through unbroken windows is impossible and pinging through broken windows or over any kind of cover is like 50/50 yeah you should probably also get used to calling out compass numbers

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

Considering pinging through unbroken windows is impossible

I don't think this is correct, I do it all the time

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

idiots who's broke brains don't know when to stop looting. Once you've gotten your loadout drop, it's all about finding and killing others, then occasionally trying to replenish your armor and ammo.

Yeah the Skinner Rat in me needs to get this lesson down:
"Hey, brain- you're full up on plates, ammo, tacticals, and lethals, have either your preferred loadout or weapons you're happy with, and there's probably a REASON there's a big circle of assorted gear laying out their wide in the open."

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

I don't think this is correct, I do it all the time

Yeah IDK, I had no problems doing it just now but there were some locations yesterday when I gave up pinging entirely because half the pings were just on my location instead of what I was aiming at 50m away

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Okay, whoever suggested way back that shooting guys while dropping in warzone is a goddamn genius!

Last night our 4 man jumped in towards the dam area, and almost immediately after jumping, an enemy was on his chute like 10m above me.

Cut my chute, got off 3 shots, popped it, cut it again and got another 3 and downed him, popped my chute again and got to watch him fall to his death, a good minute before anyone else died in the game.

We didn’t do well beyond that, but killing a dude before he could even hit the ground was a great way to start.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

There are some bad habits we all would do well to kick. Me, I cant resist chasing after someone sometimes without thinking it through (this is the recurring theme) resulting in a cold a violent death alone, away from my squad. Like yesterday when I was respawning, seen someone I thought I might be able to get behind and execute, and ended up following him into the bar which was full of his teammates. Just because someone is broadside to you doesn't mean you oughta open fire. I'm getting better at this, you gotta know when to let em run. It would be different if the TTK was instant and there were no revives or plates and such. Its basically never a good idea to engage in long range sniper exchanges, but we all have a hard time resisting that.

The one thing I really dont understand is the need for getting stuck in the gas. I'll keep saying this- dont land outside the ring. A nice and quiet looting spree sounds great until you realize 2 other squads had the same idea and you end up pinned down in a shootout on your way inside and end up hosed by the gas. Or you need to grab a vehicle to make it, completely nullifying any advantage gained by dropping alone. Likewise, beyond the first ring, hanging around and moving edge to edge, that doesn't work either. If you do make it, you'll always end up hosed by some other squad who took the initiative to move in sooner and are placed up waiting for you.

I dunno how many times I've wound up alone running away from the gas while my team tarried behind, oblivious to their incoming doom. Also, I dunno how many people need new headsets, but it seems like a lot. The sound in the game isn't what it probably should be, but I seem to hear a lot more than whoever I'm playing with. I have Windows Sonic for Headphones turned on, and especially watching gulags and stuff I feel like I can hear the enemy and my teammate doesn't, based on their reactions anyway.

I know, it really sucks being ultra competitive sometimes. Normal people over there just playing to have fun but I gotta be going all Herm Edwards all the time.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Slothful Bong posted:

Okay, whoever suggested way back that shooting guys while dropping in warzone is a goddamn genius!

Last night our 4 man jumped in towards the dam area, and almost immediately after jumping, an enemy was on his chute like 10m above me.

Cut my chute, got off 3 shots, popped it, cut it again and got another 3 and downed him, popped my chute again and got to watch him fall to his death, a good minute before anyone else died in the game.

We didn’t do well beyond that, but killing a dude before he could even hit the ground was a great way to start.

For this reason I make my jumps high-altitude, VERY low opening. It's hard to hit someone when they are in free fall and fortunately the game doesn't give you a broken ankle debuff for popping silk like 2 meters from the ground in your magically re-packing chute.

tjones
May 13, 2005
If you're not constantly chasing people in WZ and looking for gunfights you are a sad coward. gently caress spending twenty minutes sitting in an attic with your ghosted squad waiting for the zone to shrink and the possibility of some unlucky squad to run by only for them to get heartbeat sensored to death once their backs are turned and they can't realistically fight back. These type of players are what is inherently wrong with BRs. This is why WZ is boring compared to normal COD and the regular MP will always be better.

Always hot drop. Never stop running. Who cares about winning it's about wiping multiple squads at the same time in a giant clusterfuck of a rolling gunfight.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

codo27 posted:

The sound in the game isn't what it probably should be, but I seem to hear a lot more than whoever I'm playing with. I have Windows Sonic for Headphones turned on, and especially watching gulags and stuff I feel like I can hear the enemy and my teammate doesn't, based on their reactions anyway.

The sound is all over the place for me and it rarely works the way it was intended. I never hear footsteps in the gulag, then watching the killcam makes it sound like I'm stomping through the room.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Why do people think there is some kind of negative correlation between shooting people and playing to win? My highest kill games are almost always the games that I win. It's possible to both play aggressive and consider positioning while doing so. They aren't mutually exclusive. Sure, it might mean avoiding one or two fights at that exact moment, but the point is to avoid them so you can position yourself in a way that gives you a strong advantage 2 minutes later when you force them to engage you because you went around them and put yourself between them and the ring, not to avoid them and hope someone else kills them.

Strong positions let you rack up kills.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Even though helicopters are a big signal to say “we are here” my 4 man squad last night started flying 2 or eve 3 helicopters around the map a bit. It’s fun. Also it does mitigate a complete squad wipe disaster if one goes down from an accidental or intentional explosion.

Can anyone clarify one thing. In the helicopter if you clip a building or tree it does only a bit of damage. However there seems to be a threshold and it’s not just when your health bar on the chopper is in the red that if you clip a tree you just blow up. It’s happened a few times when I’ve played and I’m still not totally certain what’s going on.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
From today's patch notes:

quote:

Fixed a bug where players were able to use Game Battles to make custom weapon blueprints that they can then use in MP or Warzone.

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-04/MW_Patch_Notes_Apr_22

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

For this whole ping/not ping combo the answer is not surprisingly do both. Always. Having more info never hurts, a lot of times it’s hard to tell what distance a mark is at, even if there are meters in certain types of pings it can be hard to tell which building exactly or if they’re inside or not, or in a weird spot. Sometimes saying a few words is all it takes to save lives.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Noooo

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why'd they have to ruin the MP playlist with that piece of poo poo khandor hideout map

AND crash Holy gently caress

And rust... And palace. Jesus

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 22, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.gamesradar.com/call-of-duty-warzone-update-will-match-suspected-cheaters-together/

Not sure what to think about this. It's kind of funny, but also seems like some really good players that aren't cheating might get stuck in hell. Although they are probably basing it off of more than just reports.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 22, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

im back to not liking crash, otoh i got a lot worse at this game since i played last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It still works for ones you already had created before the patch though. My Akimbo Renetti setup still works even tho I never unlocked akimbo. You just can't create new ones apparently