Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

My money's on Edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Where the gently caress is rear end Man, the best song ever?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm just such a mark Punk, I'd vote Cult of Personality the whole way through.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm just such a mark Punk, I'd vote Cult of Personality the whole way through.

It helps that its like... an actual good song.

Like a wrestling theme Final Four should be like Cult of Personality, Voodoo Chile, Bad Reputation, and like... that tatu song? There's gotta be a 4th.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Kaze Ni Nare

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
The one that stuck out to me as extremely bad was Briley Pierce. Briley is something horrible people my age name their kids, and Briley Pierce is a year younger than me. I don't care if it was some kind of secret tribute to Danny Davis. Notice he didn't go by his real name?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Hirez posted:

Who are some of the others that came in with their Indie/tna/roh/whatever names? Was he ever Finn Balor before, or always King Devitt or whatever.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head AJ Styles... and Ricochet :laffo:

there were lots just before the ill conceived newcomers tournament. all four TUE guys, keith lee, ec3. kushida is still kushida for now. io shirai kept her full name compared to asuka and kairi. candace lerae & Johnny gargano. The major UK guys weren't renamed either.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I feel like WWECW had bad names before NXT, such as BRADEN WALKER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOt6kIMCRJc

Yeah, it probably predates NXT (and like I said, probably has been happening since like 1983 to some extent). But it really started standing out then, probably because they were introducing a whole group of people at once and every single person had some sort of generic name that felt like it was out of the uncanny valley.

I distinctly remember everyone in Wrestlehut being confused/aghast when WWE released all the headshots and names of the season 1 NXT guys.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'll forever be mildly upset that WWE didn't spring for Final Countdown for DB at Wrestlemania 30.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the name "Kofi Kingston" for a Jamaican guy is pretty ridiculous

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
the WCW theme song bracket comes down to the Wolfpac theme vs. American Males for the final

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The Brood should win it's group, but won't because of Real American. Maybe it has a chance if it's mostly non-US fans.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like the sasha banks music

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Those brackets need Ken Shamrock’s theme and D’Lo’s theme.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
How many people kicked out after the stunner?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question unrelated to all current chat:

Can anybody remember Vince/WWE doing cuck angles back in the day? I know there was a Macho Man/Hogan/Elizabeth love triangle thing going on, but I always thought that was more a rib on Macho's insane real life jealousy issues. Also Hogan, (coz he was a goodie goodie super hero), was always just being chivalrous and never had romantic designs on Elizabeth.

Related question: Given Sunny's real life proclivities, was she and Chris Candido ever in a cuck angle in the ring? I can't remember one.

I am thinking too much about cucking in pro wrestling. It does not feel good.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Depends what you mean by “after”. Right after, during Austin’s face run? Probably none. After a distraction, chair-shot, ref bump and whatever other bullshit they use to protect Austin and whoever he was feuding with? Probably lots.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

How many people kicked out after the stunner?

I think JUST the Rock, if you mean cleanly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kurt Angle

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I left it vague because I doubted cleanly--Rock was up at 2 at X7, yeah?--but I honestly can't even remember any dusty kick outs off top

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Spikey Willow posted:

BT Sport’s WWE Twitter account is running a World Cup for best WWE theme. Group stage voting is just going up.

Some real tough choices in there. Look at Group D:

No Million Dollar Man Theme or American Dream? garbage list

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Duke Pukem posted:

No Million Dollar Man Theme or American Dream? garbage list

Omission of Common Man Boogie is definitely a problem. That fuckin bass line slaps.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I don't even really like the song but I read I'M BACK and immediately'd AND BETTER THAN EVER GOT A KNACK

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Undertaker never did? Didn't they have a bunch of feuds; I don't remember because I've always hated both :argh:

Also its kinda funny how protected the RKO is in WWE; when theres cutters springboards, off team members/ropes/stairs/guard rails/etc, they're all over the place with it in AEW tag matches, and they all look way better (cept that one time he RKO'd Seth from like 15 feet in the air :lol: )

Also I've noticed the WWE using the Judas Effect a lot lately when I actually do watch, and they just pawn it off as a weak back elbow sometimes :v:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HHH cucked Test
X Pac cucked Kane
Edge cucked Matt Hardy
Raven cucked Saturn
Christian cucked Chris Jericho

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TTBF posted:

Kaze Ni Nare

:hai:

this is or "Cult of Personality"

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Raven cucked Saturn

I don't even know who with, so I'm gonna guess Moppy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I have never liked the theme Edge has been using for the last fifteen years or so and preferred when he came out to "Never Gonna Stop" by Rob Zombie.

I am prepared to be told I am incorrect.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Edge & Christian posted:

The real prequel to all of the Developmental Names was the period in the late 1980s/early 1990s where they'd take established wrestlers and give them a goofy rear end gimmick that would essentially replace their names. Sometimes they'd still acknowledge (sometimes) that it's THE DRAGON ricky steamboat or EL MATADOR tito santana or THE MODEL rick martel but just as often "Mister Perfect" or "The Repo Man" or "I.R.S." or ""Skinner" or "Texas Tornado" or "Red Rooster" would effectively replace the name they used elsewhere.
Crush is a funny one from that period. He doesn't even change his name, but they speak about him as if he is a completely new character debuting in the World Wrestling Federation. Then after a few months he keeps the name/look but is retconned to be a thickly-accented Hawaiian, interjecting "shakka bra!!" in his promos and things like that. I find the sudden origin change especially funny since his initial re-debut vignettes featured flashbacks to his (non-Hawaiian) childhood.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 22, 2020

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Feel like Group F is getting slept on, real Group of Death there.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
It really should come down to Mark Henry and the Brood. You know what, they should form a stable.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

It really should come down to Mark Henry and the Brood. You know what, they should form a stable.

I could see Vince touting the WORLD'S STRONGEST BLACKULA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spikey Willow posted:

BT Sport’s WWE Twitter account is running a World Cup for best WWE theme. Group stage voting is just going up.

Some real tough choices in there. Look at Group D:

A3
B4
C4
D3
E4
F2
G2
H4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it's cool how they went with the good orton song

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i agree with the mark henry and brood person.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like pre-existing songs by established artists shouldn't count. As fitting as Cult of Personality and All the Things She Said are for the characters, it's kind of goofy to put them up against a bunch of Jim Johnston/CFO$ stock songs. At that point they might as well include all the real songs people used on the indies when nobody bothered with licenses, like Enter Sandman.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
no Alexa Bliss by Bowling for Soup?!

bartok
May 10, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like pre-existing songs by established artists shouldn't count. As fitting as Cult of Personality and All the Things She Said are for the characters, it's kind of goofy to put them up against a bunch of Jim Johnston/CFO$ stock songs. At that point they might as well include all the real songs people used on the indies when nobody bothered with licenses, like Enter Sandman.

Besides we all know Slow Chemical from Finger Eleven would win hands down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bartok posted:

Besides we all know Eye In The Sky from the Alan Parsons Project would win hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

bartok posted:

Besides we all know Like a Prayer from Madonna would win hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEhkTFZCFig