Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
WithTheWill confirmed that the Hiatus starts ‘now’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That's a shame, I was looking forwards to seeing more of Sora.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It’s honestly surprising and/or incredibly irresponsible that they’ve been able to keep production going up to this point, depending on what the outbreak situation has been there.

In Cyber Sleuth news, hahaha gently caress, Eater Adam is completely unforgiving. Even trying to cheese it with my cheapest techs only delay the full party kill.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It seems like most of Toei Animation (along with several other studios) have been effected by this. Which essentially means no more new anime in general for a while.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

TheHan posted:

It’s honestly surprising and/or incredibly irresponsible that they’ve been able to keep production going up to this point, depending on what the outbreak situation has been there.

In Cyber Sleuth news, hahaha gently caress, Eater Adam is completely unforgiving. Even trying to cheese it with my cheapest techs only delay the full party kill.

Toei makes shows with a substantial lead time, if they are announcing postponement now, I assume production has been mostly halted for quite a long while now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fangz posted:

Toei makes shows with a substantial lead time, if they are announcing postponement now, I assume production has been mostly halted for quite a long while now.

Yeah, this is kind of important to remember. The first two episodes were amazingly good looking (the third was no slouch either) and that can only happen if they were made with a lot of time. Contrast to Dragon Ball Super's beginning, where the whole thing was incredibly rushed and it showed, with episodes only really looking acceptable way later in the series, the first two arcs were mediocre to terribly ugly depending on episode.

Toei learned from that one, clearly. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more episodes already were made (episode 4 is definitely complete) but Toei nonetheless preferred to stop now and let them be released once they have the chance of actually doing the whole series without breaks.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
We have synopses for the first 6 episodes, so it's likely that Toei has Adventure 2020 planned out quite nicely, but they're still pausing all of their shows as Coronavirus contingency like everyone else. I assume most of their staff hasn't been in the office for quite a while at this point and they were waiting for their leadership to make the final call from the sounds of it.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 20, 2020

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TheHan posted:

I found that the answer to that issue is the same as any other in Cyber Sleuth: grind until your eyeballs bleed, de-digivolve, then grind up again.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Geostomp posted:

I found that the answer to that issue is the same as any other in Cyber Sleuth: grind until your eyeballs bleed, de-digivolve, then grind up again.

if you can grind out a lilithmon that's all you need

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
OK, Hows this for a Simuwatch post?

~
code:
Simuwatch Post Coming soon!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 22, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm in.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sounds interesting, though maybe do it twice a week 2 episodes each night, or once a week 3 eps?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Julias posted:

Sounds interesting, though maybe do it twice a week 2 episodes each night, or once a week 3 eps?

Yeah I had wondered if the pace was a bit slow so I'm ok with an extra airing. I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday for the extra one then.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll do it. Two or three episodes a week is a pretty easy commitment.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
How does this look?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm game.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Digimon Links and 10 being Cyber Sleuth, how bad is Digimon Masters?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm game.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Digimon Links and 10 being Cyber Sleuth, how bad is Digimon Masters?

I had less fun with it than I did Links.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:stonklol:

And I don't have the money for a new good Digimon game right now. Guess I'll just replay Digimon Story.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

:stonklol:

And I don't have the money for a new good Digimon game right now. Guess I'll just replay Digimon Story.

Get back to your Digimon Story: Dawn LP. :argh:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

She has two LPs already! Do you want to kill her?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kurui Reiten posted:

Oh God no. Maybe if I actually manage to play it all the way through again first. And finish two other LPs. And my other ideas on the back burner. And get my legs chopped off at the knee so I have literally nothing to do but sit in a chair and write about video games.

And I was getting paid.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See, you were being entirely reasonable up untill the end :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

See, you were being entirely reasonable up untill the end :v:
How else am I going to replace my sawed-off legs when I'm done?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Bad news: https://twitter.com/japaneseswitch/status/1252821216454299649?s=21

Although I’m not entirely surprised

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hasn't Survive had a few knockbacks by now?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This will be the second delay I believe.

This poor game, man. It’s such a shame. I was worried something like this might happen when we got nothing for it in this months v-jump and the main site never updated with Miu’s info. I kinda hope it’s virus related and they’re just protecting the devs and not a problem with the game itself.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
OK, here's the Simulwatch Details;

Digimon Universe: Appmon Simulwatch

Why?
The ongoing pandemic has caused a state of emergency in Japan leading Toei to put all their shows, including Digimon Adventure:, on indefinite hiatus.

What?
"Every Saturday and Wednesday evening when Digimon Adventure: would air (7.30pm PST / 3.30am Sunday/Thursday BST) watch two episodes Digimon Universe: App Monsters (Appmon).
Appmon comes in at 52 episodes making for a 13 week simulwatch which should, with any luck, be plenty to fill the gap before Digimon Adventure: comes back"

How?
Appmon is freely available on Crunchyroll in most countries that Crunchyroll operates in which is to say just about everywhere except Japan itself.

When?
The simulwatch starts on Saturday 25th of April and ends on Wednesday 22nd of July.

Spoilers?
For the benefit for those coming in fresh, please mark your spoilers.

Links
The Show
Schedule (Current Week in Agumon Orange, next batch of episodes in Gabumon Blue)

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 23, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Saturday the 25th of April*

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Finally finished the main story of Cyber Sleuth, what a wold ride. They way everyone casually accepted the plan to reset the world back 8 years made me think they were talking figuratively, but nope, literally just made a new timeline. And Suedou gets to be god now? Huh. I haven’t even touched the Hacker’s Memory half of this game yet so it’ll be nice to come back to it once I need another hit of this hyper specific brand of Digimon.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So apparently the TBA for Survive's release date is a typo according to someone from BandaiUS. False alarm, I guess. Would still like to see confirmation from the Japan side, though.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1253016642872905729

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 23, 2020

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

TheHan posted:

And Suedou gets to be god now? Huh.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong, what actually happens is Suedou ceases to exist.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Unless I'm remembering it wrong, what actually happens is Suedou ceases to exist.

Yeah it wasn't super clear on that! I thought the implication was that Suedou used his new power to wipe himself from existence, or was wiped as a consequence of ascending to a higher plane. I'll also fully admit to not knowing a single drat thing about what they were saying during the massive revelation triggered by my two offhand comments.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

My understanding is that The Eaters stopped being eaters retroactively, so there never were Eaters but rather they went back to the higher dimensional observation things that they were originally, and when they went back to their home plane of existence Suedo went with them. Then history got retconned, but it got retconned in a fairly lazy way such that all the Eater victims just randomly were in comas for the relevant period of time and anyone who didn't exist anymore (like Suedo) never existed.

It's slapdash and weird, but probably intentionally so? It's very Cyber Sleuth.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I started a rewatch of Digimon Savers and I forgot how amazingly hilarious and refreshing Masaru is as the main character. :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Masaru is not only the oldest Digimon protagonist but also the only one that doesn’t own a pair of goggles (that I can remember anyway), it was kind of neat to have a season with a cast of mostly adults for a change (or kids in their late teens at least).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Masaru is not only the oldest Digimon protagonist but also the only one that doesn’t own a pair of goggles (that I can remember anyway), it was kind of neat to have a season with a cast of mostly adults for a change (or kids in their late teens at least).

The age thing is not true as of Tri (where Taichi is 17 and the rest of the cast is around the same age) and even without it he's matched by Haru at 14. Taiki and Taichi are also 14 during the seasons they appear in but are not the protagonists of. The goggles thing is still true though.

Also we could consider it still true in the fact that the median age in Savers is still likely higher than in Appmon (not actually making math here but Yoshino is 18 which is older than any of the Appmon protagonists) and also we can ignore Tri ever happened and be happier that way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, Masaru is 14? For some reason I remember him being older than that (he looks older at any rate).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Wait, Masaru is 14? For some reason I remember him being older than that (he looks older at any rate).

The artstyle makes every character look older than they are but yes, Masaru and Touma are 14. Which is still old for Digimon protagonists but not that old, again, Haru is also 14 and Taiki was 13 during Xros Wars.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

The artstyle makes every character look older than they are but yes, Masaru and Touma are 14. Which is still old for Digimon protagonists but not that old, again, Haru is also 14 and Taiki was 13 during Xros Wars.

Ah, nevermind then. Out of curiosity though, why is he the only Digimon protagonist that doesn’t wear goggles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Ah, nevermind then. Out of curiosity though, why is he the only Digimon protagonist that doesn’t wear goggles?

Could be wrong, but it was the first anime in a while and I think they were trying to rebrand the franchise as a whole with it. That's why you got a new Agumon with a new Greymon line and everything.