Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skwirl posted:

What do waffle irons have to do with grilled cheese? The weirdest part to me is if anything I figure people would have figured out how to make their own grilled cheese sandwiches to their own version of perfection, because they don't take much time.

Just buy good bread and good cheese and use way too much butter. pay attention to how long you cook each side and if it's burnt cook it for less time on the next one, if it's undercooked flip it again and remember to cook it longer the next time before flipping.

Edit:^^^^^^^^ Just use a pan on the stove and flip it after 3ish minutes, it takes like 10 seconds to clean the pan afterwards.

Yes but hear me out

Grilled cheese stroopwafel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i stick the cheese sandwich in my rear end hole then poop it out and eat it with poop on it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Pope shitposting again.

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/1252893657545531392

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Using echolocation to get around in this sinful world

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

I am not sure he understand how bats work.

So much for Papal Infalliability.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Henchman of Santa posted:

Using echolocation to get around in this sinful world

"sin echolocator" wouldn't be a terrible username. Alternatively, that there is a thread title.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Let he who is with sin become Batman.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/blvckmass/status/1252621677986557953

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I have a waffle iron, I have bread and cheese. I have never thought of making grilled cheese on the waffle iron.

Now I am.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A $2 George foreman from the Goodwill is way better

Not that you can get one of those right now

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

RoboRodent posted:

I have a waffle iron, I have bread and cheese. I have never thought of making grilled cheese on the waffle iron.

Now I am.

Just use waffle batter instead of bread and have fancy waffles. Nobody can ever say anything because it's the quarantine.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I like my lungs to function.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

How droll.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Stoatbringer posted:

Reported for ableism.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think one of the things that is really interesting is that whole idea of Deafness and deafness.

Because most of the things we have in life still work even without sound, would it be any difference if everyone were rendered deaf for some reason? There was a post on here years and years ago about how people who were Deaf wanted their daughter not have cochlear implants for her child. The problem is is that how much of those peoples own takes on the world are informed by being part of the Deaf community?

I know that some people argue against deafness as a disability. Not saying I agree with them on that, but they generally view deafness as both something that happens and a "culture" as well.

I just think it is interesting, and I do wonder if there is going to be a big old chat about what "normal" is over the next few years.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Apr 22, 2020

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Josef bugman posted:

And is being deaf even a disability? In a lot of ways it is closer to being just a separate cultural group.

I just think it is interesting, and I do wonder if there is going to be a big old chat about what "normal" is over the next few years.

Nope, life is exactly the same. That's why we have street signs to warn of deaf child that might not hear a car. We didn't bother inventing sign language, closed captions, or phone services when a deaf person types to somebody else who then reads and writes what is being said because what's the effing point?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

I think one of the things that is really interesting is that whole idea of Deafness and deafness.

Because most of the things we have in life still work even without sound, would it be any difference if everyone were rendered deaf for some reason? There was a post on here years and years ago about how people who were Deaf wanted their daughter not have cochlear implants for her child. The problem is is that how much of those peoples own takes on the world are informed by being part of the Deaf community?

And is being deaf even a disability? In a lot of ways it is closer to being just a separate cultural group.

Source you are quotes O_O

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

d3lness posted:

Nope, life is exactly the same. That's why we have street signs to warn of deaf child that might not hear a car. We didn't bother inventing sign language, closed captions, or phone services when a deaf person types to somebody else who then reads and writes what is being said because what's the effing point?

I am sorry to post on this I clearly don't know enough, this was based on reading a few blogs/ talking with folks who are deaf. If you like I can get rid of my post? Sorry again!

I changed the way I put things in order to make it more clear. Once again I am sorry.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Apr 22, 2020

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Still catching up on the last 10 pages, but jumped ahead to share this little nugget:

These people are loving lunatics. For extra lul's, this person is an RN.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Josef bugman posted:

I am sorry to post on this I clearly don't know enough, this was based on reading a few blogs/ talking with folks who are deaf. If you like I can get rid of my post? Sorry again!

I changed the way I put things in order to make it more clear. Once again I am sorry.

There are definitely Deaf people who advance the views you posted.

My own view is that it’s a disability that has fostered rich cultures and languages.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

There are definitely Deaf people who advance the views you posted.

My own view is that it’s a disability that has fostered rich cultures and languages.

Oh thank God. I was worried I had just be extensively trolled and made an even bigger arse out of myself than usual.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I've got a cousin who is deaf, having lost his hearing as a child and he was dating a girl who was Deaf (note the capital) and had been since birth. She broke up with him because he decided to get a cochlear implant. Deaf culture is definitely a thing which exists.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

Still catching up on the last 10 pages, but jumped ahead to share this little nugget:

These people are loving lunatics. For extra lul's, this person is an RN.

You're right: March 23 to May 1 is only 39 days.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/lineopaint/status/1252836507926138889?s=19

https://twitter.com/mayocheat/status/1252847228865015808?s=19

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hey Molly, how many white men voted for Trump?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I can't quote it cause the twitter account is locked down now, but this person recently came up in the CSPAM hot takes thread after a meltdown where they said that every aspect of the medical profession should be run exclusively by, and exclusively for, the disabled and chronically ill. Literally "no more healthy doctors".

Also i hope this doen't come off as lovely, but from the thirty seconds i looked at the profile before it was locked it looked like about every third or fourth post was just a list of their... idpol classifications? Like literally repeatedly posting some combination of "I sure am a trans disabled fat gay jew!" I'm not sure if they're a 4channer trolling, or just a genuinely sad lonely person screaming into the void for validation.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Josef bugman posted:

I know that some people argue against deafness as a disability. Not saying I agree with them on that, but they generally view deafness as both something that happens and a "culture" as well.

loss of hearing is fairly minor as a disability goes. it is common for people to lose their hearing as they age, often due to damage through exposure to chronic loud noises, and it is annoying and an obstacle for sure but not exactly life changing

hearing loss inhibits our ability to communicate, as people mostly communicate in person through making noises at each other.people who are born without hearing also usually don't have the ability to speak, because they don't know what the correct human noises even sound like. so not only can you not receive human sounds, you can't really send them either. despite knowing the english language, you wouldn't be able to communicate well with other english speakers. so not being able to participate in this social exchange separates you from other people in such a profound way that you end up in your own effective language group. so you end up mainly having conversations with other people who understand the deaf version of the local language, which means you talk mostly with other deaf people, leading to the development of a subculture. and like any subculture, people gatekeep who is allowed to participate. maybe this will change some as people spend more of their time communicating via written text instead of noises, since online deafness doesn't matter at all

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Azealia Banks having a normal one

https://twitter.com/AZEALIA_2020/status/1252653381778198528

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I can't quote it cause the twitter account is locked down now, but this person recently came up in the CSPAM hot takes thread after a meltdown where they said that every aspect of the medical profession should be run exclusively by, and exclusively for, the disabled and chronically ill. Literally "no more healthy doctors".

Also i hope this doen't come off as lovely, but from the thirty seconds i looked at the profile before it was locked it looked like about every third or fourth post was just a list of their... idpol classifications? Like literally repeatedly posting some combination of "I sure am a trans disabled fat gay jew!" I'm not sure if they're a 4channer trolling, or just a genuinely sad lonely person screaming into the void for validation.

Reminds me of that trans super-anarchist who wanted to gulag all of the doctors and outsource surgery.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

TinTower posted:

Reminds me of that trans super-anarchist who wanted to gulag all of the doctors and outsource surgery.

I thought T-Man wasn’t allowed to post about that here anymore

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

god bless the goon who called azelia banks a "drama elemental"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I am very firmly anti gulag tyvm it makes me rather unpopular in cspam, but the confluence of medical and police practice under Corona should really cause you to reassess the disciplinary role that medical practice fills.

E: as a salient example, the deaf/Deaf conversation. Many doctors do not understand deaf culture, and a lot of the pressure on Deaf parents to give their kids an implant comes from the medical field. What right does medical science have to define an acceptable sensorium? How can doctors respect their patients on their own terms, if they have been taught to view the body as a series of mechanistic parts to be repaired? These are the questions to be asking.

T-man has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Apr 22, 2020

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I mean this is pretty normal for her tbh.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It’s easier for a bunch of Hearing people to be either smugly dismissive or singularly understanding about Deaf/deaf culture than it is to examine why the Deaf community has the culture that they do and what that means for the assumptions we make about able-bodiedness.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

T-man posted:

rather unpopular in cspam

you don't loving say

T-man posted:

E: as a salient example, the deaf/Deaf conversation. Many doctors do not understand deaf culture, and a lot of the pressure on Deaf parents to give their kids an implant comes from the medical field. What right does medical science have to define an acceptable sensorium? How can doctors respect their patients on their own terms, if they have been taught to view the body as a series of mechanistic parts to be repaired? These are the questions to be asking.

This is the sort of post I know you're capable of and want to see here, if you want to post here.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

free for the rap sheet asking, first come first served

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
More of an update on an idiot.

https://twitter.com/bowlcutthanos/status/1252774719046078464?s=21

e: what is it with chuds and making GBS threads their pants?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

More of an update on an idiot.

https://twitter.com/bowlcutthanos/status/1252774719046078464?s=21

e: what is it with chuds and making GBS threads their pants?

trying to dunk on Ice-T on Twitter is like trying to bowl with a handful of lasagna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Captain Monkey posted:

what is it with chuds and making GBS threads their pants?

opiate usage, i hear