Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hootler posted:

Gonna open my island to people that wanna sell their turnips. They're at 423 for 3ish more hours.

https://turnip.exchange/island/91e1bf3d

Thanks much, left a tip behind a tree near you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A villager asked me to move out today; I let them, when can I start checking islands for a new person? When they're in boxes, or the day after when the lot is vacant?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oxyclean posted:

A villager asked me to move out today; I let them, when can I start checking islands for a new person? When they're in boxes, or the day after when the lot is vacant?

When the lot is vacant.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah, sure. I can only send 2 a day though~

Cool, thank you! Anything you are still looking for that I can send back at you?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm going to open up my island.

Chadder is making an acoustic guitar.
Ables does not have a lot, a goatee if you want that.
Nooks has a hammock for sale and turnip prices are bad.
I have offloaded a bunch of fossils if anyone wants them. I also have an arcade machine unlocked if you all want to grab/drop it, let me know.

If you have any spare rocks, I will take them!! I have to craft a lot of stone things.

Edit: closing my gates! Thank you for the stones. Saved me a lot of time

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 22, 2020

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I have offloaded a bunch of fossils if anyone wants them. I also have an arcade machine unlocked if you all want to grab/drop it, let me know.

If you have any spare rocks, I will take them!! I have to craft a lot of stone things.

Dodo code is 34LK3

I’m coming for that goatee! Thanks!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Happitoo posted:

Turnips are 379 for the next 3 1/2 hours if anyone wants to sell

https://turnip.exchange/island/f8f0d613

Nothing else interesting going on at the moment

Thanks for opening up! Left a tip behind museum, sorry to everyone else for forgetting to leave the queue for so long!

Mr. Boogalow
Jul 7, 2007

Like a puppet on a string, like a monkey on a swing.

Hootler posted:

Gonna open my island to people that wanna sell their turnips. They're at 423 for 3ish more hours.

Many thanks!!

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

My internet has been spotty all day so I don't dare try visiting anybody, which suuucks. A friend did manage to come to my island for a bit, but I don't want to risk cocking things up for other people.

glassyalabolas posted:

So my Nook's upgrade is tomorrow, the start of the event. Hope it doesn't screw me over.

Same. Hopefully they've taken that into account since so many players are all upgrading around this time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/1252960832540905472

CJ what the gently caress how did you get there there's no road to that spot

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/1252960832540905472

CJ what the gently caress how did you get there there's no road to that spot
Dude's just that devoted to good fishing.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Wuh-oh! why does the online suck so baaaaaaaad. I get stuck trying to leave and then someone else minused out and I lost my purple wizard hat :argh:

At least the only seeds im missing now are the yellow lily

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Gonna open my gates for a few hours! Our island sucks because we just catch fish and bugs all day and plant flowers (going for that Midsommar look).

Turnip prices are 291 though! Abels has NVGs and a pompador wig and a weird sushi costume. Not much at nooks though. Don't need much or tips, but if someone wants to bring a cherry or two thats the only fruit left that we need :). I'm in the tie dye shirt right by the airport, nooks is right behind.

6V47H

edit: we're good on cherries! thanks y'all :). If you have cool flowers that would be awesome. Our natives are tulips, windflowers, and pansies :)

Iron Lung fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 22, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's bulshit you can't just move someones house a little. I just needed to shift a house a few tiles over to one side so I could make a nice path, but instead I just ended up digging up a load of trees to move it somewhere completely different.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

I didn’t even realise my Ables was selling wizard hats - now I look even more spacey!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Anyone have any of the cardboard box variants? I got orange, peaches, apples & cherries already.

We can do a catalog swap.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Dodo code is 34LK3

Thanks! I left some stone by your house.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Are there a limited number of common recipes my villagers are capable of making? I haven't received a new DIY in weeks from them (and tbf maybe it's because I got gold armor from a message in a bottle and this is the universe telling me that's as good as it gets) they're all just 'oh you already have this here's this card'.

Literally haven't received anything new from my villagers crafting in at least a week.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EatTheRich will be open while I attempt to do some work this morning! Dodo code: clooooooosed Southern hemi, very sunny. Some free recipes/mats/tools by the entrance. Plenty of fruit, feel free to take whatever's on the trees. Please no trampling my flowers!

Nook's is closed today for renovations. :smith:

Able's has dance-team jackets, denim jackets, muscle tanks, sports tanks, black/white tailcoats, athletic pants, dance warm-up pants, tennis skirts, retro sleeveless dresses, mysterious dresses, elegant hats, scholar's hats, batter's helmets, jester masks, a facial mask(wtf), but most importantly the EGG-SUSHI COSTUME :bubblewoop:

Kicks is here selling some stuff! Poncho is DIYing a oil-barrel bathtub! Wonders abound!

Come leave a drawring on my community board, or a rude design in my Able's, I don't mind! If you have extra kitchen stuff, especially the kitchenette, oven, or any bamboo stuff, I won't say no to that, but tips are not necessary. Come chillax :coolfish:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 22, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I got some time to kill before work so it's time for Lahan's favorite sport: Bother a Cat! Ankha is DIYing the Ironwood Dresser, for those of you who still need that recipe for the Kitchenette.

Nooks are CLOSED.
Ables got chef outfits, old-school jackets, Butterfly visiting kimonos, and YANKEE WITH NO BRIM* (actually has brim).
CJ remains trapped on my waterfall terrace.
There's a little nook of free recipes and fossils you can take. I left the Dresser recipe Ankha gave me in there, so whoever shows up first can just grab that one.

3VGC7! Don't bring a tip or anything our island doesn't believe in tipping. I'm hanging out at Ankha's come on down and bother a cat for your free DIY stuff.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

cool kids inc. posted:

Are there a limited number of common recipes my villagers are capable of making? I haven't received a new DIY in weeks from them (and tbf maybe it's because I got gold armor from a message in a bottle and this is the universe telling me that's as good as it gets) they're all just 'oh you already have this here's this card'.

Literally haven't received anything new from my villagers crafting in at least a week.

Do you have all the personality types? Each one has their own pool so expect dupes from early villagers and any type you have multiples of.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

It seems like each personality type has certain DIYs they can give out.

My luck with getting new DIYs has definitely gone down too, but I am getting a new thing here and there. Feels kinda insulting to get super-basic DIYs that you got handed as part of the tutorial. Like, not even from the house-building ones where some people get different stuff, but stuff like "mini-DIY table" and "log stakes." (I wouldn't be surprised if I got DIYs from the bundles sold in Nooks, which is just the most "why" ever.)

Not even beach recipes are totally safe from giving you dupes either, which is a real bummer.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...

Policenaut posted:

I got some time to kill before work so it's time for Lahan's favorite sport: Bother a Cat! Ankha is DIYing the Ironwood Dresser, for those of you who still need that recipe for the Kitchenette.

Nooks are CLOSED.
Ables got chef outfits, old-school jackets, Butterfly visiting kimonos, and YANKEE WITH NO BRIM* (actually has brim).
CJ remains trapped on my waterfall terrace.
There's a little nook of free recipes and fossils you can take. I left the Dresser recipe Ankha gave me in there, so whoever shows up first can just grab that one.

3VGC7! Don't bring a tip or anything our island doesn't believe in tipping. I'm hanging out at Ankha's come on down and bother a cat for your free DIY stuff.

I'd love to actually enjoy your island, but I'll never stop being mad at Nintendo for forcing people to watch every single player's loading screen

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

It seems like each personality type has certain DIYs they can give out.

My luck with getting new DIYs has definitely gone down too, but I am getting a new thing here and there. Feels kinda insulting to get super-basic DIYs that you got handed as part of the tutorial. Like, not even from the house-building ones where some people get different stuff, but stuff like "mini-DIY table" and "log stakes." (I wouldn't be surprised if I got DIYs from the bundles sold in Nooks, which is just the most "why" ever.)

Not even beach recipes are totally safe from giving you dupes either, which is a real bummer.

I’ve gotten the recipe for the wooden table mirror 3 times now. Second time from a bottle and third from Ketchup. My DIY beach is filling up with so much garbage recipes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

A couple days ago I mentioned pop in and said I'd try to get a video. It's been pretty bad this morning so here's what I meant

https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1252938727464120320

You can see shadows of trees/the wind turbine randomly appear (I've had entire cliff shadows slow load in) and the pond item at the end pops in as well. I've had the monster statues I built do it all the time etc.

yeah that’s bad but i think it’s something going wrong, i’ve genuinely never had that happening even in the main part of my island which is covered in stuff...

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Becklespinax posted:

Hey my island, Nutmeg, is open for those who are interested:

Turnips are going for 391 bells
Cookie is making a cherry umbrella

It’s sunny I guess?? Feel free to buy things in shops and be nice to my villagers.

Warning: sorry my park in the north west is temporary tarantula storage

Edit: oops, connection snafu, code reset

Dodo code: Closed - thank you!

Thanks for opening up your cool island. In addition to selling my turnips, I also bought some flower seeds that we don't have on our island.

I really enjoyed seeing all the other weird goons show up.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001

Hootler posted:

Thank you! Left some bells behind resident services.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh yeah who has some cool flower seeds? I only have tulips, windflowers, and pansies on mine

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Xanderdoesstuf1/status/1252866373027430400/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everybody really does love Raymond.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

....is there a way to get alerts in discord if a keyword pops up? Or are there just that many people staring at chat hoping...?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Jokes on them, Marshal is best boy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lahan is closed for now. Thanks for coming out all about 13 of you to play Bother a Cat! I am also very proud of you all for not taking the single rotten turnip laying on the street. I left that out to attract ants and forgot it was there. Also the real turnips in my house. Thanks for not taking those either.

Here's a photo of some people enjoying our town!

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

Iron Lung posted:

Gonna open my gates for a few hours! Our island sucks because we just catch fish and bugs all day and plant flowers (going for that Midsommar look).

Turnip prices are 291 though! Abels has NVGs and a pompador wig and a weird sushi costume. Not much at nooks though. Don't need much or tips, but if someone wants to bring a cherry or two thats the only fruit left that we need :). I'm in the tie dye shirt right by the airport, nooks is right behind.

6V47H

Dropped a tip by the lake behind your house, thanks!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was googling who the most popular villager was and apparently for the strange New Leaf communities who would buy and sell villagers Marshal was #1

i will never let them take him from me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Help Im Alive posted:

I was googling who the most popular villager was and apparently for the strange New Leaf communities who would buy and sell villagers Marshal was #1

i will never let them take him from me

I can craft you a jail cell if it helps

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Here is the list

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can craft you a jail cell if it helps

I would just put Nate in there so I never have to see him again

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Kiwillian posted:

Is anyone interested in a system kitchen? People were going crazy for the Ironwood Kitchenette earlier in the thread and this makes that look like something you'd find in a dumpster. It's also 130,000 bells which I can't afford :cry:

The Bro's have it as a special, so there's only 1. I'd rather PM someone a code than post it here. Also, if I could touch it for the future that would be great :)

edit: SOLD

If anyone has this system kitchen and can let me touch it, that'd be awesome, thanks :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Here is the list

Man I have Whitney on my island but she's pretty boring imo, not sure why she's so high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I'm opening up my village for a while, gonna give away some spare fossils and recipes if anyone's interested.
Northern hemisphere, just started raining.

Nook's: Green dolly, trade ship in a bottle, one green lawnmower, red and whote tulips, red and white pansies, red and yellow hyacinths. An impressive 31 bells per turnip.

Sahara is in town! She has mossy temple walls and I can't remember the floor.

Able's: Jojo-style school uniforms, graduation gowns, flashy slacks, bear costumes, simple komonos, frog/kappa hats, bandage, goatee

I'm particularly interested in these fossils if anyone has any spares to bring:

Opthalmosaurus front half
Pteranodon head/torso
Triceratops head
Dimetrodon back half
Megaloceros...right half? I think?

Red roses would also be cool. I'll be AFK somewhere.

code is 5RFJF

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 22, 2020