Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

eating only apples posted:

Does Isabelle announce when there's going to be a meteor shower? I've been playing every day since launch and haven't seen one yet. And only seen Celeste once, though I don't play at night as often as I should.

Sometimes, not always. I've seen two events at my island, she mentioned one but the villagers were where I heard about the other. Only seen Celeste once. I also mostly play on the daytime so I may have missed later-night events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cattail Prophet posted:

What the heck, Mabel and Sable just straight up had a conversation about their dead parents, no mincing words. That's, uh, not a place I was expecting the cute animal game to go. :smith:

That's a healthier attitude about it than CJ, who bottles up his grief while trying to distract himself through social media views

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Does Isabelle announce when there's going to be a meteor shower? I've been playing every day since launch and haven't seen one yet. And only seen Celeste once, though I don't play at night as often as I should.

I've had shooting stars scattered about, but my one big actual meteor shower was announced by Isabelle with the morning updates.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Octolady posted:

Do you still need this? I can give you one!

Yes I do

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

I PM'd you a few minutes ago about your kitchen, just FYI :)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/haridraws/status/1252667325146370048

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
It's not the craziest price I've ever seen, but turnips are going for 415 on my island.

Closed now

bumble fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 22, 2020

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Meteors in animal crossing are a myth. I've played this series for 20 years and never seen nor heard these fabled "shooting stars".

It's either a group hallucination or everyone is in on the joke.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is there a hard limit on turnip prices or could it theoretically be infinite?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

bumble posted:

It's not the craziest price I've ever seen, but turnips are going for 415 on my island.

https://turnip.exchange/island/b5c41494

Good enough for me. Do you need anything in particular?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Where's the "elaborate" button?

Kiwillian posted:

I PM'd you a few minutes ago about your kitchen, just FYI :)

Oh good. I'll just open the island for everyone then.

Nook's is closed, Abel's is not, Flick is here but only loves me. New rear end Cove line items on the back wall.

Dodo Code: 9F195

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Riatsala posted:

Good enough for me. Do you need anything in particular?

nah

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

stev posted:

Is there a hard limit on turnip prices or could it theoretically be infinite?
i believe it has the potential to be as much as 800 (without hacking), but anything above 600 is fiendishly rare

SuperDouche
Apr 25, 2008
Hi goons! I'll keep my island open for an hour or two, check it out! I may be afk:

N1L97

Simon is moving out, Savannah is at the campground and I lost the game to get her to move in.

Turnips @ 193, Tailor's has jester suits, noh mask, cavalier shirts, silk shirts, lace up dresses, fedoras , and more.

I have lots of flowers around so lots of butterflies of all kinds. Please do your best to not trample flowers, river is lined with them to save me from myself while fishing. I laid down paths and infrastructure so no ladders necessary.

SuperDouche fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 22, 2020

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Gadd posted:

I've got a couple of interesting surfaces for you to take, and a couple of fossils I realized I still need from that pile. Unfortunately, it looks like the island connection got disrupted, is there a new DODO code?

Yes, I updated the original post. It’s [CLOSED]. I’ve still got some fossils left that need to find a home.

Obama 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 22, 2020

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Idia posted:

I just reached 100 hrs playtime. I'm just getting into really terraforming my island and I'm moving villagers to a more contained area. I have so many plans that I feel like I'm running out of space.

Do hybrids self replicate? I might scratch my breeding garden for that.

Yup! For all your flower facts needs look at the flower section of this guide from the OP: https://www.shorturl.at/yDQ28

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

So, Soleil is making Ironwood cupboards in my village, great for those of you that can make the dresser. If you could leave me one that would be great.

Able sisters have cool cartoon shorts and prince outfits. Turnips are comically low.

6JNC8 DX454

I'm on phone tethering at work, so hopefully this all works, I'll be afk

Edit: console went to sleep

Edit 2: she just stopped, but now Jacob is making shell fountains

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 22, 2020

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Sterf posted:

I've had a lot free for 3 days before someone moved in though, so not necessarily the next day.

Were there other open lots at the same time? Or events going on the days no one moved in? I’m not saying you’re def wrong but it it doesn’t match what I’ve always heard/experienced. Either way if you don’t want a rando you gotta do it that day to be sure.

Nondevor posted:

Do gold roses have a chance of duplicating themselves when watered, or are they like lily-of-the-valley plants? Trying to figure out if I have to keep watering these black roses with a gold can or not.

No, gold roses will not reproduce in any way. If you want a bunch you gotta keep gold-watering black roses. However, the “has been watered with a golden can” flag doesn’t reset until the flower has bred or gets dug up and moved, so doing it every day isn’t strictly necessary. Also I’ve heard only one parent needs to be a gold-watered black rose for it to happen.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

bumble posted:

Thank you, you have a great and lovely island!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

LastGoodBoy posted:

Where's the "elaborate" button?

Nook's is closed, Abel's is not, Flick is here but only loves me. New rear end Cove line items on the back wall.

Aha! Finally, the famous rear end Cove!

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1253047113929224192?s=20

I got a souvenir T-shirt, and even met the Moon Rabbit! Also I sneezed on your couch. Thanks for opening your town!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Help Im Alive posted:

Here is the list

I would just put Nate in there so I never have to see him again

Haha, I was just thinking, now that I actually have Marina again, I'm not 100% sure I'm thrilled about keeping her. This might influence my eventual decision.

Some of this is surprising. Diana and Skye are villagers I would've rejected without a second thought had I found them on an island, and I actually have rejected Fauna. (Zucker too, but I knew he was popular when I did.)

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

What do I need to know/have to mail someone something? I want to mail a Mystery Island Ticket as a tip to someone who let me sell turnips on their island. I have their name and Dodo code - that enough?

Some goons on the discord sorted me out, thanks all!

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 22, 2020

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Digital Osmosis posted:

What do I need to know/have to mail someone something? I want to mail a Mystery Island Ticket as a tip to someone who let me sell turnips on their island. I have their name and Dodo code - that enough?

They need to be your friend and you either visited their island or they've visited you at least once. Order doesn't matter.

Once you do that, just hit up the envelopes next to Orville in the airport.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

bumble posted:

:tipshat:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

LastGoodBoy posted:

I wasn’t about, but I can come visit shortly and drop the deer scare off for ya if you’re free?

Btw does anyone have a stack of 30 stone they aren’t using they could trade for bells or 30 iron?
Need it for all my fences!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if this is actually a hard thing to catch, but man I had a bad streak with fishing. Then I managed to net two wasps in a row and caught this shortly after.

Also goth lizard lad pls my yard is full of bugs

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If you shake a tree from the front 25% or so, you can just mash the net button to catch wasps. (You just have to be far forward enough that when your character turns to face the wasps, they won’t prioritize shaking the tree over swinging the net). Highly recommend this method

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Do any sorts of shelves exisit that let you put 1x1 household items up on the wall? I've got lots of knick-knacks I'd like to put out but floor space is pretty limited.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Turnips are stupid. I finally bought them for the first time for 105 a pop on sunday and every day since then the selling price has been in the double digits and keeps going lower. And Nooks Cranny is closed tomorrow. Never gamble.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Octolady posted:

I wasn’t about, but I can come visit shortly and drop the deer scare off for ya if you’re free?

Btw does anyone have a stack of 30 stone they aren’t using they could trade for bells or 30 iron?
Need it for all my fences!

Yeah I'll open back up. Code is BV3JY

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Blaziken386 posted:

i believe it has the potential to be as much as 800 (without hacking), but anything above 600 is fiendishly rare

I've heard the cap is influenced by your purchase price for the week as well and that a higher purchase price can mean a higher cap. Not sure if that was datamined or not but the one time I got just over 600 I had a pretty pricey purchase of 107 so I'm inclined to believe it so far.

Overbite posted:

Turnips are stupid. I finally bought them for the first time for 105 a pop on sunday and every day since then the selling price has been in the double digits and keeps going lower. And Nooks Cranny is closed tomorrow. Never gamble.

There seems to be some pretty consistent patterns to it and the one time I had a large spike, my prices started the week very low. Friday morning then had me at 600.

Not sure, if it's referenced in the thread yet but you can track pricing see estimates as to what path you're on with https://stalks.io

Opals25 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 22, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

runchild posted:

No, gold roses will not reproduce in any way. If you want a bunch you gotta keep gold-watering black roses. However, the “has been watered with a golden can” flag doesn’t reset until the flower has bred or gets dug up and moved, so doing it every day isn’t strictly necessary. Also I’ve heard only one parent needs to be a gold-watered black rose for it to happen.

I thought gold-watered black roses turned into gold roses rather than spawning them? I got my first one today and it has started fully grown, rather than as buds. I don't remember if there was a black there... There is one near it though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Overbite posted:

This is prime large spike territory. Or just relentless slump, one or the other.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

emdash posted:

If you shake a tree from the front 25% or so, you can just mash the net button to catch wasps. (You just have to be far forward enough that when your character turns to face the wasps, they won’t prioritize shaking the tree over swinging the net). Highly recommend this method

Yeah, you also want to be directly in front of the tree so your net won’t catch on the branches. Had that happen a few times and I missed getting the wasps.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Kiwillian posted:

I thought gold-watered black roses turned into gold roses rather than spawning them? I got my first one today and it has started fully grown, rather than as buds. I don't remember if there was a black there... There is one near it though.

Mine popped up as new lil buds for me next to my patch of black roses, not replacing any (and got the full blooms the day after I first found it). Maybe you missed seeing it yesterday?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Overbite posted:

Go into the Discord and find someone who has a good price and sell on their island.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1253057532467089408

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Opals25 posted:

I've heard the cap is influenced by your purchase price for the week as well and that a higher purchase price can mean a higher cap. Not sure if that was datamined or not but the one time I got just over 600 I had a pretty pricey purchase of 107 so I'm inclined to believe it so far.

There seems to be some pretty consistent patterns to it and the one time I had a large spike, my prices started the week very low. Friday morning then had me at 600.

Not sure, if it's referenced in the thread yet but you can track pricing see estimates as to what path you're on with https://stalks.io

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is prime large spike territory. Or just relentless slump, one or the other.

My problem is that due to my schedule I can't check morning prices, only afternoon. If it spikes in the morning and goes back down at night I'm out of luck. I'm waiting in a line on this turnip exchange thing so I might be able to offload some

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

We're not going to see any good holidays for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Overbite posted:

Normal daily turnip prices are below 100, constantly decreasing.

However a normal week has a spike in it at some point that gets up to at least ~150 for even the smallest spike.

You might indeed have been hosed by the shop closing, but if your prices never increased before the store closed there's a good chance you'll be fine. If they were lower each time you checked that's a good sign.

(There is a small chance you got a decreasing pattern where it just goes down forever, but that's not especially likely.)

Overbite posted:

My problem is that due to my schedule I can't check morning prices, only afternoon. If it spikes in the morning and goes back down at night I'm out of luck. I'm waiting in a line on this turnip exchange thing so I might be able to offload some
A spike tends to linger. Even a small spike in the morning would probably be above 100 in the afternoon.

But if you can't check morning prices, yeah, I wouldn't play the stalks in general. Unless you want to rely on the exchange.