Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Need to use the cranny to sell stuff. Won't be a bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
:ohdear:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Quick question about turnip.exchange: should you be able to see the dodo code when you're in the top 3?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
the composition of my village based on the Japanese tier list:

S: Marina
D: Agnes, Phil, Hopper
E: Louie
F: Alli, Doc, Egbert, Rhonda
Bottom: Truffles

my own personal ranking:

I adore them and will never, ever let them leave: Agnes, Alli, Egbert, Hopper, Phil
What are you offering, and are you going to make pink sushi out of her?: Marina*
Most improved: Rhonda
OK enough because he looks like Donkey Kong, but I still might replace him with Cobb: Louie
Putting up with her because my wife likes her and at least she doesn't look boring: Truffles
Finally talked my wife into letting me kick him out tomorrow, thank loving god: Doc

* Seriously, I'm not going to charge multiple millions of bells, or whatever, but I don't play the stalk market and still have my last two house upgrades to pay off. PM me an offer if you really want her, and I'll replace her via amiibo so we can schedule her departure.

Lurdiak posted:

Just a reminder, I'll pay handsomely for these if you have em. We can do it by mail, in person, whatever. PM me or just reply itt and we can set something up.

I have the rainbow number wheel, but I already did my ordering for today and I'm using the one I've got in the lovely amusement park I'm working on. If no one else can get you one sooner, I can get you one by Friday.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

McCracAttack posted:

Quick question about turnip.exchange: should you be able to see the dodo code when you're in the top 3?

Depends on which queue you mean. If you're in the wait queue, then no. If you're in the visitors queue, then yes. When you're in the visitors queue you name will be displayed next to one of the numbers. Sometimes you need to refresh after getting in to the visitors queue for it to actually update and show the "Click here" notification.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Hungry Computer posted:

Depends on which queue you mean. If you're in the wait queue, then no. If you're in the visitors queue, then yes. When you're in the visitors queue you name will be displayed next to one of the numbers. Sometimes you need to refresh after getting in to the visitors queue for it to actually update and show the "Click here" notification.

Ah, dang. I heard a bell ring and I was in the top 3 but didn't see a code so I kept waiting. Guess I should have refreshed. My bad to anyone I held up.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who's drawing up plans for a bug/fish themed wedding?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So you can't hang other people's custom designs in your shop it looks like. How can you get your villagers to wear something someone else made? Besides recreating it yourself and THEN hanging it up.

survivalstrategy
Oct 19, 2012

Let's see how many people you can kill with the power of love.

acksplode posted:

Turnips going for 451 bells and Kicks is in town :) Come on by, I'm just idling while I work IRL. https://turnip.exchange/island/81febbed

Just left your town, thanks for opening up! I put some bells into your incline fund and left a DIY over by the west Telescope / Chair area (Ironwood Dresser, I think?).

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Ran into a communication error and had to refresh the Dodo code. Going to keep this open until right before maintenance so I'll probably lock the line soon. Make sure to remove yourself from the queue as soon as you're done, thanks!

https://turnip.exchange/island/2f3c7dfe

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The tier list is totally fake, BTW.

There's no way the grumpy black weeb hamster Hamphrey and the lazy (probably also black) cubicle slave Barold are a lower tier than gently caress'n Rodney. Puh-leeeze.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So you can't hang other people's custom designs in your shop it looks like. How can you get your villagers to wear something someone else made? Besides recreating it yourself and THEN hanging it up.

If it's something of mine I'll come hang it.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Visitors can place things in Able's.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Kiwillian posted:

Visitors can place things in Able's.

I think he means he can't hang a design he got from someone else.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

LastGoodBoy posted:

I think he means he can't hang a design he got from someone else.

Yeah, the original person would have to do it.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Bellmeistr posted:

Ran into a communication error and had to refresh the Dodo code. Going to keep this open until right before maintenance so I'll probably lock the line soon. Make sure to remove yourself from the queue as soon as you're done, thanks!

Left you $100,000 bells.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I waited in que for 30 minutes before remembering that I left my turnips at home :suicide:

Dr. Curien
Mar 11, 2011

Bellmeistr posted:

Thanks for this, BTW! I left a couple of bags behind Town Hall, but got kicked out due to communication error right after dropping them. Hope they find their way into your hands!

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Dr. Curien posted:

Thanks for this, BTW! I left a couple of bags behind Town Hall, but got kicked out due to communication error right after dropping them. Hope they find their way into your hands!

Got them, thanks! I updated the code again for whoever is still in queue. Not sure whats going to happen with maintenance but I'll keep it open as long as I can.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Anyone have a pear cardboard box or the text cardboard box? I have an oranges, apples, peaches and cherries box.

Just want to do a catalog.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Shut the gently caress up guys hurry up the update is live gogogogogo

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1253128041191993344

Del and Renee are cool and the fact that they got D/E tiered is justification for my atheism. After this conversation they proceeded to plop right down on the ground and finish their snacks.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Shut the gently caress up guys hurry up the update is live gogogogogo

Oh this was the whole update?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Loaded up after the update, got a mail from Nintendo with a world map, then one from the bank of nook that they apparently lowered interest that gave me a bell bag rug (valued at 1200 miles.)

The interest was already pretty pathetic, I wonder why they lowered it. It's not like it's going to impact time travelers much.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

What was the interest rate thing all about? Were people exploiting it somehow?

edit: no Leif today for me, I guess :( I hope he is scripted to show up during the Nature event at least.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 23, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

What was the interest rate thing all about? Were people exploiting it somehow?

From what I understood, it was 0.5% interest a month, but it had a cap of 99k. The only way I assume you can abuse it is time travelling, but all that would change is how big of a jump you need to make?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

From what I understood, it was 0.5% interest a month, but it had a cap of 99k. The only way I assume you can abuse it is time travelling, but all that would change is how big of a jump you need to make?

Maybe it's just a weird commentary on the current global economic situation :)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anybody got any ideas for what to do with my town? I honestly don't really like its layout, it makes it hard to make like, large commercial or residential areas cause it's so heavily split up and across elevations. I'm also not really sure what to even put in it.

The top left is where I put a bunch of fruit trees as a sort of orchard, but that's about it. The place is pretty "naturalistic" at this point.

https://twitter.com/retrocombine/status/1252266699480428544?s=20

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Frankston posted:

Isabelle keeps sending me in circles.

"Put more fences down"

Ok, done

"Put more crafted items down"

Ok.

"Put more nook mile items down"

Cool, no problem. I should be close to 5 stars now right?

"Put more fences down"

God damnit.

She only lists one problem per time you talk to her, so you have to spam it to get the full list out of her.

The guide here https://www.shorturl.at/yDQ28 has a section on island ratings with a link to the formula used to calculate your rating. The big thing you might be missing is spacing stuff out -- it seems like furniture is judged in 8x8 blocks with diminishing returns with density.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

Maybe it's just a weird commentary on the current global economic situation :)
I mean, it's certainly funny to me that they give you a consolation rug you can just buy from 1,200 miles.

Pollyanna posted:

Anybody got any ideas for what to do with my town? I honestly don't really like its layout, it makes it hard to make like, large commercial or residential areas cause it's so heavily split up and across elevations. I'm also not really sure what to even put in it.

The top left is where I put a bunch of fruit trees as a sort of orchard, but that's about it. The place is pretty "naturalistic" at this point.

https://twitter.com/retrocombine/status/1252266699480428544?s=20

Do you have island designer? (Terraforming) You can just mess around with your elevations if you don't like them.

I'd be tempted to make the part around resident services the "towny residential" maybe moving the shops south of the resident services, and then have most villagers in maybe more ruralish feeling spots?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Someone explain to me in what world are any of those dorks cooler than my main man Eugene?

No cat or sheep or whatever is possibly cooler than a koala who wears sunglasses in doors, sings all the time, and dresses like the 80s guy from Futurama

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Oxyclean posted:

Loaded up after the update, got a mail from Nintendo with a world map, then one from the bank of nook that they apparently lowered interest that gave me a bell bag rug (valued at 1200 miles.)

The interest was already pretty pathetic, I wonder why they lowered it. It's not like it's going to impact time travelers much.
I'm slightly annoyed that the world map in question is the mercator projection :argh:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Blathers won't accept the model Flick made for me! He'll be so upset.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Is there something special I need to get the update to download? I know the event stuff doesn't start till tomorrow but the start screen still says 1.1.4a for me, even after closing the game and restarting.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Straight White Shark posted:

Is there something special I need to get the update to download? I know the event stuff doesn't start till tomorrow but the start screen still says 1.1.4a for me, even after closing the game and restarting.

Press the "+" button on the main screen.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If I unregister the parental controls app to do time traveling, will it delete my play history in the app when I reregister it? I kind of like having it, but I am getting impatient with this nooks cranny upgrade

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

All right well let's try this: I'm looking for any colorful wheel and variations you have except this one which I already have:

Just so everyone knows, I now have the colored numbers one as well.

I'm still looking to pay handsomely for the item wheel, blue and white numbers, and win or lose variants! Contact me thru PM or via post or whatever!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 23, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm slightly annoyed that the world map in question is the mercator projection :argh:

At least it has New Zealand on it (for a change) :)

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Guys, there's a DAL bomber jacket. I need this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I don't play many games but I have been playing this game soooooo much.

I really love it! :3

I'm still trying to build up a decent town, I just placed the three houses part and fully outfitted them.

These neighbors I never meet well have nicer stuff than I have.