Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

magiccarpet posted:

look at all of these people forgetting about the quake soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

magiccarpet posted:

look at all of these people forgetting about the perfect drug and that bowie tour

I mentioned soundtrack songs. It was on Lost Highway. :colbert:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

quake soundtrack forever

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was relistening to Short Bus because it was brought up here and man you weren't kidding about their lyrics

Dose posted:

I hate it when you preach your case
It makes me want to stick my dick in your face

:crossarms:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like ‘Hey Man Nice Shot’ got a lot of mileage out of people thinking it was about Kurt Cobain. Supposedly it’s about the R. Budd Dwyer suicide video in reality but that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense either.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel like ‘Hey Man Nice Shot’ got a lot of mileage out of people thinking it was about Kurt Cobain. Supposedly it’s about the R. Budd Dwyer suicide video in reality but that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense either.

Yeah, when you know what the song is supposed to be about the lyrics are downright inane

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Every song from the late '90s / early '00s was about either Kurt Cobain or Courtney Love

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Sir Lemming posted:

Every song from the late '90s / early '00s was about either Kurt Cobain or Courtney Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-9kt-qi1g

I'm not sure you're wrong

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

axelblaze posted:

Yeah, when you know what the song is supposed to be about the lyrics are downright inane

He was supposedly framed.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

My Twitter Account posted:

I think about that a lot. Nowadays it's not uncommon for artists to go five years between albums, but when Trent went five years between TDS and The Fragile (and, in between, did a massive world tour, released a double-video set, produced another band's album, and dropped a non-album single) it seemed like an absolute eternity.

Albums were also much bigger of a deal back then, not just something that's put up on a streaming service with the press of a button. I don't mean that in a "you drat kids" way, I'd prefer more people have easier access to music, but back then albums had big marketing campaigns, physical releases with elaborate packaging, and were also a main revenue stream. Now studio music operates more as an advertisement for ticket and merch sales.

I'm not sure I agree with albums taking longer than before - didn't Future put out two albums in a week?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of big in the 90s artists that take forever to put out an album, the new Fiona Apple is as good as they say.

I know this is off topic but it's just so good

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

axelblaze posted:

Speaking of big in the 90s artists that take forever to put out an album, the new Fiona Apple is as good as they say.

I know this is off topic but it's just so good

I don't know if I immediately see it as a perfect 10 like a lot of the internet (I like Idler Wheel better I think) but yeah, it's fantastic.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
So... I just saw this and haven't seen mention of it on the NIN site...

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/20/army-enlists-nine-inch-nails-new-coronavirus-themed-recruiting-video.html

The narrative being pushed is "NIN did the music for an Army recruitment video!" and in actuality, it's just Atticus Ross. This seems like the kind of thing Trent would be REALLY against, and I hope this doesn't cause a rift between them.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Stryder posted:

So... I just saw this and haven't seen mention of it on the NIN site...

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/20/army-enlists-nine-inch-nails-new-coronavirus-themed-recruiting-video.html

The narrative being pushed is "NIN did the music for an Army recruitment video!" and in actuality, it's just Atticus Ross. This seems like the kind of thing Trent would be REALLY against, and I hope this doesn't cause a rift between them.

It's frustrating that they have an update at the bottom saying that they updated the article to reflect that it was just Atticus, but left the headline as NIN doing the music.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Remember when TR did the theme song to black ops 2 lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Remember when TR did the theme song to black ops 2 lol

Yeah but he's also an fps nerd.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"Oliver North did nothing wrong" - Trent 'I <3 Oil' Reznor

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Just how deep do you believe
Would you wash the hand that feeds
Would you scrub until it's clean
Can you maintain quarantine

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Pretty good posted:

"Oliver North did nothing wrong" - Trent 'I <3 Oil' Reznor

Year Zero ARG took a real weird turn...

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000
I want to listen to more of that song...does that mean it's doing it's job wrong?

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Just here to say as a reminder (I’ve added some songs so I can listen to them through Spotify instead of opening the the Apple music poo poo on my phone) and “Theme For Tetsuo The Bullet Man” loving rips. Also the La Mer (Version) remix should have been on TFA, goddamnit.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

https://www.loudersound.com/features/tapeworm-the-nine-inch-nailspanteratool-supergroup-that-never-was

Charlie Clouser gave an interview to Metal Hammer about Tapeworm.

He mentions a couple of names I'd never heard associated with the project before, including Phil Anselmo, Jaz Coleman, and Dave Gahan. He also reveals that the drum loop from "Starfuckers, Inc." started out as a Tapeworm demo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"I want to clean you from the inside"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"I want to clean you from the inside"

"Vessel" is actually about injecting Clorox

I'd make parody lyrics, but nothing would actually change

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh hey SRCvinyl charged my card for the Watchmen set. Didn't think that would ever happen.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Pretty awesome thread
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1257007886141517825?s=20

Also 15 years??? Ahhhhhhhhhhh*crumbles into dust*

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

axelblaze posted:

Pretty awesome thread

I bought two Rob Sheridan Glitch Facemasks, he's got some cool looking poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

axelblaze posted:

Pretty awesome thread

I still remember playing the Doom 3 expansion pack and being on the phone with a friend who was playing the album right when it came out.

Come to think of it, With Teeth really was my first NIN album!

God I love that album.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm old so my first NIN was PHM...on cassette.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

axelblaze posted:

:corsair::hf::corsair:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

axelblaze posted:

This truth cuts deep.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Did anyone frame their add violence physical component? I just finished my basement and have all of the vinyls (minus yz and the slip) framed next to the ntae physical component. I haven’t seen anything that really jumps at me as a way of displaying it.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 6, 2020

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional

AFewBricksShy posted:

Did anyone frame their add violence physical component? I just finished my basement and have all of the vinyls (minus yz and the slip) framed next to the ntae physical component. I haven’t seen anything that really jumps at me as a way of displaying it.

https://imgur.com/a/mGALMG6

This looks extremely cool. All of it!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Never understood this. Sure, it looks nice, but isn't listening to any of them a total pain in the rear end?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Barry posted:

Never understood this. Sure, it looks nice, but isn't listening to any of them a total pain in the rear end?

They actually come out of the frames easily, and to be honest most of the time I'm listening to them (or music in general) I'm playing it off of my phone to either headphones or my car.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 6, 2020

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

who else has the 12x12" album art posters that you got from joining the spiral fan club a while back?

iirc they sent out PHM, broken, TDS, the fragile and with teeth posters. they also had embossed features that made them stand out from the regular album art. There was also an art is resistance styled poster for year zero as well too I think.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rageaholic posted:

I still remember playing the Doom 3 expansion pack and being on the phone with a friend who was playing the album right when it came out.

Come to think of it, With Teeth really was my first NIN album!

God I love that album.

The first time I saw NiN it was when they were doing the With Teeth tour. Good times.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AFewBricksShy posted:

Wheres ghosts

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Wheres ghosts

Don't have the lp's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Barry posted:

a lot of the art in my apartment is framed albums, and in the same cabinet as my unframed albums i just have a giant version of those old fabric CD cases everyone had in their car in the 90s that you can cram a bunch into for easy access

still waiting for that year zero vinyl release, tho