Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I absolutely refuse to believe Rod is that low

Like I knew something was hosed up by Punchy not being S+ king of all cosmos but that just sealed it. Who the hell hates Rod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yelled out “It’s Tuna bitch!” when I finally caught one earlier this evening. Wonder if it made the background of the wife’s podcast.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Been working on some top-tier fash, since I can't let Seth rule the roost. :)

Behold!

Pop-Tom and Tom-on-a-stick. (Guess which is which?)

Available now at Able's for a limited time (probably forever). Also have some Seth Originals.

Nothing else of note, but opening anyway because why not. Seeds? Have Rose, Mums and Cosmos in r/y/w.

C6WKD Wicked!

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 23, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help, randos are invading my island.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Kiwillian posted:

Behold!

Available now at Able's for a limited time (probably forever). Also have some Seth Originals.

Nothing else of note, but opening anyway because why not. Seeds? Have Rose, Mums and Cosmos in r/y/w.

C6WKD Wicked!

Gonna stop by for some seeds, gonna leave you a hat for that nook shirt

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Gonna stop by for some seeds, gonna leave you a hat for that nook shirt

Please do! Did you get that Parka I sent you in the mail last week or whenever it was?

edit: getting a little hammered so keep trying...

edit2: where are you? It kinda cleared up a bit.

edit3: yay!

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 23, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Oxyclean posted:

I don't think anyone has Taurus fragments just yet - we just changed over to it. At least, as I understand it, Celeste has DIYs for each zodiac, and hands them out the first time you see her during that lunar cycle, and you only get the corresponding fragments in that cycle.

I got 1 Taurus fragment Monday or Tuesday morning I think. We are no longer in Aries.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

LonelyMudkip posted:

I am once again raising money for my island remodel! I'm opening up my island for a yard sale on the beach to the right of the airport. It's currently 4pm-ish, southern hemisphere, cherry native, help yourself to fruit! Also, if the dude who wanted white lampposts is around, I've got 4.

Other attractions include:
- Saharah!
- Tammy crafting a hyacinth lamp, south of Nook's Cranny
- An upgraded Cranny selling a book, a lamp, and cosmos/lily/rose seeds
- Able Sisters selling chef's outfits, flannel shirts, work aprons, silk pants, farmer overalls, frugal dresses, pilot's uniforms, retro dresses, sports caps, flower sunglasses, an HMD (aka goddamn VR goggles) and some nice shoes
- Fossils: Full plesio set, Iguanadon tail and torso, archaeopteryx, shark tooth pattern, spino skull, brachio tail, pachy tail, opthalmo skull, archelon tail, dimetrodon torso, deinony tail

Code: closed

Connection error! I'm back with a new code. Gonna AFK to eat and play other video games, but I'll be keeping an eye on the screen!

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 23, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I absolutely refuse to believe Rod is that low

Like I knew something was hosed up by Punchy not being S+ king of all cosmos but that just sealed it. Who the hell hates Rod?

I think it's less that they hate Rod and more that there's other villagers people like more than Rod.

Though I'm surprised Bob charted so high. I thought he was a Western meme?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

Please do! Did you get that Parka I sent you in the mail last week or whenever it was?

edit: getting a little hammered so keep trying...

Yup yup, thank you. Been waiting to repay

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I drew some roommates.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1253147943571468291

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I think it's less that they hate Rod and more that there's other villagers people like more than Rod.

Though I'm surprised Bob charted so high. I thought he was a Western meme?

Bob has been in the game since the OG, i'm sure he's got lots of fans regardless

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Mordiceius posted:

Still eagerly wanting the "Western-Style Stone" DIY recipe. If you have it, I will love you forever.

I got the recipe a while back, I don't have an extra but if you bring the materials I can make a bunch for you tomorrow.

I'm in the discord under the same name, so feel free to DM me there.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Yup yup, thank you. Been waiting to repay

Haha! Just glad you made it in, finally :)

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Coconuts sell for 250 apiece, while coconut juice sells for 500 apiece. Hmm.

Also, Tiffany the rabbit is definitely a prostitute. She wears fishnets and the most whorish makeup.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Extremely good. :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Also they're in love.

This is very cute.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Lurdiak posted:

Help, randos are invading my island.

Prize clowns aren't randos. :mad: But thank you for graciously letting me touch your wheels and playing my game! Now I can have wheels in my very own prize plaza.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Policenaut posted:

Hey who wants to get mad about things and post in circles for awhile? The Japanese AC community conducted a fan poll of their favorite villagers and the results have come in! Check out this tier list and find out that your favorite isn't top tier!

https://twitter.com/tanukichisoku/status/1252921583191994371?s=20

Unless you like Raymond, Ankha, Marshall, or grandma Audie then otherwise you're good.

Apparently the Japanese love wolves, but hate mice. That seems fair.

A lot of my past and present favorites ranked really high (hello there Marina!), democracy has proven I have good taste. Though there some real cuties that ranked surprisingly low.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

I don't remember if I posted this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think the balloons are true random now. From yellows, I’ve received - bells, diy, and furniture. From green I received a diy and pants.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mordiceius posted:

I think the balloons are true random now. From yellows, I’ve received - bells, diy, and furniture. From green I received a diy and pants.

I've been keeping track of what I get from balloons since there was debate over how random they were a couple weeks ago, and I have never received Bells except from yellow balloons, or materials except from blue balloons. Pretty sure I've gotten DIY recipes from all of them, though, and possibly furniture and clothing as well.

Goodpart posted:

Boy is my thumb not on the pulse

Pretty much every villager I have or want is E tier or lower

And with the exception of Zucker I can't stand any of the supposedly top tier villagers

I would legit find it easier to pick 10 villagers for a town I'm totally satisfied with using only F and Rock Bottom tiers than I would S+ through C.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 23, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

Behold!

C6WKD Wicked!

bushisms.txt says Ozzie is DIYing a signpost, which I think is the small one you can change to different icons, not the big-rear end one.

Still open.

Ozzie is middle house, bottom row.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Apparently the Japanese love wolves, but hate mice. That seems fair.

I like nice as pets but the AC mouse model is really off-putting. But then people mostly seem to like the weird and off-putting ones, so :shrug: go figure

The only consistent pattern is that everybody else is wrong

Rollersnake posted:

I've been keeping track of what I get from balloons since there was debate over how random they were a couple weeks ago, and I have never received Bells except from yellow balloons, or materials except from blue balloons. Pretty sure I've gotten DIY recipes from all of them, though, and possibly furniture and clothing as well.

I have received bells from red and materials from green.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I don't know who Ty is but if mine is the best island you've seen you need to get out more :)

Thanks though!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
You're gonna pop all the balloons anyway. I mean who the hell is just gonna say "nah I'll pass" on shooting a balloon unless it's an egg balloon

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Kiwillian posted:

I don't know who Ty is but if mine is the best island you've seen you need to get out more :)

Thanks though!

That was me! Maybe my friend circle is just bad at island decor, but I was impressed :shrug:

How do I get an islander to leave? I have Peewee and I’m really tired of looking at his bare buttcheeks

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Pump Jockey posted:

That was me! Maybe my friend circle is just bad at island decor, but I was impressed :shrug:

How do I get an islander to leave? I have Peewee and I’m really tired of looking at his bare buttcheeks

Amiibos

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

bushisms.txt even though you had to minus out after getting stuck in my hybrid area the game just continued. It even showed you leaving via the airport. You were the only person so it wasn't interrupted. Unless they fixed that poo poo in 1.2.0?

Hint: Don't go into my hybrid area, there is little escape! Cant't remove fences with people visiting.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 23, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah, I saw the airport exit too. Also had all my stuff. Maybe they fixed it?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Does island level affect how often people visit your campsite?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Pretty sure the minus problem isn't a thing if you only have one visitor.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

The Lobster posted:

Pretty sure the minus problem isn't a thing if you only have one visitor.

That may have been it then. I think bushisms.txt was the last one at the time :)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Good to know.

Spent too much time taking pictures on Kiwillian's island. Made me think about my island ”vistas”

I play on handheld so a lot of pictures didn't come out the way I wanted. Gonna have to go back docked.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Hopefully the step towards having different music on different outdoor speakers means we are closer to being able to switch off the music altogether. A man can dream...

Just to be clear, I love the music. There are times when I want to play the game while listening to my own music, though (and not mute the game entirely). Am I alone in this?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Haha. I love this one :)

If :wistful: was a thing, this would be it.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 23, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I don't think anyone has Taurus fragments just yet - we just changed over to it. At least, as I understand it, Celeste has DIYs for each zodiac, and hands them out the first time you see her during that lunar cycle, and you only get the corresponding fragments in that cycle.

i had a couple of meteors last night and got a taurus fragment this morning

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Chris Pistols posted:

Just to be clear, I love the music. There are times when I want to play the game while listening to my own music, though (and not mute the game entirely). Am I alone in this?

Not at all, it sucks that first party Nintendo games never have music/sfx sliders. Sometimes I want to listen to other music and sometimes the music is just too drat loud.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Dip Viscous posted:

Not at all, it sucks that first party Nintendo games never have music/sfx sliders. Sometimes I want to listen to other music and sometimes the music is just too drat loud.

Oof, so that's a design choice across the board? One they're not likely to change? Sucks.

Edit: for non-griping content, the excellent unofficial app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.genesy.animalcrossingnhguide) has updated to include a daily checklist. Handy to make sure you've spoken to everyone, dug up all the fossils, collected from the money tree etc.

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't all characters of the same type or w/e have the same dialogue or something. what's the point of a tier list? it's not a fighting game