Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

olives black posted:

Hearts of Darknesses's song "glycerine (demo)", which got lost in the MySpace fallout.

In this same vein another lost myspace track by Kwees The Beast called Nasty Thug

Kwees might be spelled as Kwee$

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

This thread has been amazing and maybe
Y’all can help, but it’s a hard one as I’m not from the US.

When I was about 6/7/8 I got slightly traumatized by a snippet of a movie I saw being discussed on a day time television show. It was v graphic and I still find it weird it was on.

The snippet was a barn fight with a bunch of people and the things I remember is a guy being chucked on a girder, a woman being raped and at the end of the clip a guy walked out with a pair of legs on a pitchfork.

This was broadcast in 1985/1987 in Europe and if anyone knows what movie this scene is from I’d be delighted as it kinda hosed me up as a kid and I’d love to see it again.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I feel like I might've asked this and been answered somewhere before but I've forgotten the answer and can't find it on google at this moment. Guess I'll check my past posts in this thread after I hit post lol
but:

A short story I read in the early '90s, but I think the story was quite a bit older. The protagonist is a Boy Scout. There's an event at a Civil War battleground for a 50-year anniversary. There's a lot of old Confederate veterans and such. The battleground itself attacks the veterans; the teeth of the dead men still buried there are in the dirt and the ground opens and chews a guy up.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

DoombatINC posted:

In the spirit of Take A Penny Leave A Penny, this is an informational video about AIDS that I spent my entire internet existence searching for only to come across recently.

The creepy virus infiltrator repeatedly murmuring "He's okay, let him goooo" found a cavity in my memory bank and just nestled its rear end in there for twenty-odd years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RgUgd0HvWg

Oh god

I tried explaining this video someone once and they looked at me like I was mental

edit: Dude’s reaction at 4:55 “Oooooh how am I gonna explain this”

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 19, 2020

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
An extremely stupid tumblr post that went something like "nobody over 21 should be allowed to interact with anyone below 18, it's fundamentally immoral" with a bunch of responses ripping into it like "well poo poo i guess nobody can be a grade school teacher anymore"

e: poo poo a friend had it

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 22, 2020

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

what's the slavic comic guy comic called i.e. where can I find more of this guy?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Steakandchips posted:

what's the slavic comic guy comic called i.e. where can I find more of this guy?

Joan Cornellà. He regularly posts stuff on Twitter and Instagram

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Thank you sir.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Steakandchips posted:

Spain has migrated, apparently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The urals start at the Pyrenees

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I am not sure why I thought the comic or artist was slavvic. Woops!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There was a short youtube video on south armagh called bandit country that I can't find anymore. There's a longer one called the same but it's not it. In the shorter one they interview while patrolling some farmer whose land/building is damaged by a bomb. It's not the 30 minute one!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Doesn’t have “Bandit Country” in the title, but is this it?

https://youtu.be/OtH7KkgpXIg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

No but I was watching that one earlier just to make sure it wasn't. The video I'm tlaking about has been posted several times on the forums but I can't for the life of me remember where

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I saw a movie about killer bees and at one point a guy panicking with a sword cuts open a full body bee-proof suit and the guy wearing it has bees swarm inside and sting him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

OH boy I've solved another one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmQ1gm3vX0&t=4025s

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

That is an intensely, and intensely long, action scene.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
A book i read about a kid telling a librarian why his book was late for return. It was because aliens had abducted him and adventures had happened. It was a good book.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

DiabloNachos posted:

I've been trying to find a Conan O'Brien intro that goes like :

"Last time on Conan O'Brien" and then it shows a bunch of made up clips from previous episodes where Andy was poisoned, and generally a bunch of evil behind the scenes/backstabbing stuff was going on, like the show was Dallas or something.

It wasn't during the TBS era, it was older than that.

Failing that, there's a show when he went to California and Andy sleeps with the actress Conan wants, that's another one I haven't seen in forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdoE6kkoHiI

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Life University was founded as a chiropractic school near Atlanta (it's a bit more now). It was founded by this dude:

Sid E. Williams himself used to be part of Life's promotional commercials. I'm assuming they aired on TBS. Maybe WSB, maybe even more stations. They'd always end with Williams telling you to "Do it ... for Life." He sounded as much like a televangelist as that hair implies.

I need to see these again. I need to know if they're as loony as my memory of them is.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

ZeusCannon posted:

A book i read about a kid telling a librarian why his book was late for return. It was because aliens had abducted him and adventures had happened. It was a good book.

Allistair in Outer Space maybe?

https://youtu.be/WjNJu56Mnyc

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was a short youtube video on south armagh called bandit country that I can't find anymore. There's a longer one called the same but it's not it. In the shorter one they interview while patrolling some farmer whose land/building is damaged by a bomb. It's not the 30 minute one!

It's not got the right name, but it's one I got linked to from the forums and found in my YouTube history by searching for Armagh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgg4mLosyOI

e: vvv I thought I'd never get one :toot:

Buttcoin purse fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 27, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hey hey, that's it!

DiabloNachos
Apr 10, 2020

Hahaha, thanks! This is definitely like what I was talking about, there is another one where he poisons Andy. I'm going to drill thru these and see if I can find it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Eason the Fifth posted:

There was a top down shooter from the late nineties or early 2000's where you aimed with the mouse and got fallout-esque traits in between rounds. I know that's annoyingly vague but I don't remember much else about the game. Happen to jog any memories?

omg this game (Crimsonland) has occasionally popped into my head for years as something I'd had the itch to play again. couldn't remember the name though. thank you for posting about this game so our memories could be refreshed

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008
An old black and white cookery programme from the 50s. A typical 50's housewife type with one of those clipped and convoluted 50's TV accents (which sounded American to me but I recall someone saying it was a Canadian show) demonstrating this wonderful new dish that she'd just discovered, the deep dish, except her accent was so mangled she kept calling it a "pit-zah pie" which she proceeded to smother in "oh-reee-gano". She used pronunciations for words that, even allowing for regional variation, have never been heard before or since. The recipe itself was absolutely dreadful, with far too many ingredients piled on and slopping everywhere. I remember her taking a full shaker of dried oh-reee-gano and just going to town all over the top of it. I'm not convinced she'd ever actually seen a "pitza" before. It wasn't a comedy or a sketch show, it was just a genuine, terrible, 1950s cookery show. I remember watching it and mocking it in an IRC room about 12 years ago.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to mock it all over again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I could have swore I saw a tv show recently where the credits song was the day of liberty by the carolina chocolate drops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOpgE3MKKg. Does anyone else have any idea what it might be?

Testicular Torque Wrench
Apr 14, 2016

yeet
This one is 4 da gamers

More than 10 years ago, my dad would bring me back gifts from Flying J truck stops (he was a trucker).
These were games ranging from obscure (BHunter) to godlike (Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament) to less good.
When the budget was low he would bring back freeware or shareware type titles that probably sold for a dollar.

The one I've been trying to track down and name has escaped me all these years is one of these.
It is:
-probably shareware
-maybe never got a full release
-unknown publisher and country of release
-unknown release date but probably some years after Red Alert 1?
-it is an RTS game à la Red Alert+Starcraft
-you harvest blue minerals which are used to make drugs of some kind, that's your main ressource
-that's all lol

I have nothing to offer if you do manage to name the game other than the feeling of being stupid knowledgeable about ancient video games.

than k you thread

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Testicular Torque Wrench posted:

This one is 4 da gamers

More than 10 years ago, my dad would bring me back gifts from Flying J truck stops (he was a trucker).
These were games ranging from obscure (BHunter) to godlike (Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament) to less good.
When the budget was low he would bring back freeware or shareware type titles that probably sold for a dollar.

The one I've been trying to track down and name has escaped me all these years is one of these.
It is:
-probably shareware
-maybe never got a full release
-unknown publisher and country of release
-unknown release date but probably some years after Red Alert 1?
-it is an RTS game à la Red Alert+Starcraft
-you harvest blue minerals which are used to make drugs of some kind, that's your main ressource
-that's all lol

I have nothing to offer if you do manage to name the game other than the feeling of being stupid knowledgeable about ancient video games.

than k you thread

Dune or Dune 2?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Julius CSAR posted:

Dune or Dune 2?

It seems so obvious when you say it like that.

Testicular Torque Wrench
Apr 14, 2016

yeet

Julius CSAR posted:

Dune or Dune 2?

sadly no. I think it's more recent than that. Visually more like dune 2000.
The one map I remember had dark terrain, no desert stuff at all

something in the vein of Napalm the Crimson Crisis but not as tropical. more grimdark
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napalm:_The_Crimson_Crisis

Testicular Torque Wrench fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 28, 2020

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Just getting the obvious out of the way, it's not Tiberian Sun, right? Plenty of dark terrain and harvestable minerals and misery, though I don't think any of it was blue in the first games.

I also had a bit of a look for that Day of Liberty song. I couldn't find a mention of it anywhere, although one of people who worked on the original album was Randall Poster, a rather busy music supervisor, so it's not impossible he picked it for something he worked on - maybe skim through the list and see if anything stands out? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0692922/

uvar fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 29, 2020

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
There was some youtube video I saw 5-6 years ago. It was the end of some show and there were two puppets singing this song I can't get out of my head. The song was some endless loop song and the end lyric of every verse was "Omeeeegggaaaaaaa". The song went on and on and on. It's been driving me crazy trying to find this video and I'm almost convinced I made it all up in my head.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Dark Reign had you harvesting water as one of the main resources and is about the right timeframe there.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Rikimaru posted:

There was some youtube video I saw 5-6 years ago. It was the end of some show and there were two puppets singing this song I can't get out of my head. The song was some endless loop song and the end lyric of every verse was "Omeeeegggaaaaaaa". The song went on and on and on. It's been driving me crazy trying to find this video and I'm almost convinced I made it all up in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcxht077Bs

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 29, 2020

half a kumquat
Mar 14, 2018

I recently got back into a teenagehood favorite of mine, the space station builder game Startopia from 2001. It had rudimentary modding capabilities and people made some cool custom missions for it, including a few missions made by the devs originally meant for an aborted Xbox port.

I've been trying to find these custom missions again but all the websites they are from are down, and the Wayback Machine can show me the pages but not bring the downloads back. If anyone still found these things on an ancient HDD or whatever and could back them up to a Dropbox/Google folder, I would love them forever. Someone on GOG assembled this helpful list of all the missions: https://www.gog.com/forum/startopia/user_missions/page1

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

SUCKERRRSSSSSSSS

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I'm looking for a science fiction short story. The premise is that because of overpopulation or something, people only live on alternate days and they get put in stasis on the other days, so for example one person would live Monday Wednesday and Friday, and the other one would live Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and then maybe every other Sunday or something like that. My memory is hazy and Google hasn't helped.

cda fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 30, 2020

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

cda posted:

I'm looking for a science fiction story. The premise is that because of overpopulation or something, people only live on alternate days and they get put in stasis on the other days, so for example one person would live Monday Wednesday and Friday, and the other one would live Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and then maybe every other Sunday or something like that. My memory is hazy and Google hasn't helped.

Something like this happens in Vernor Vinge's A Deepness in the Sky. It isn't the premise of the story but on/off stasis schedules get discussed a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Bold Robot posted:

Something like this happens in Vernor Vinge's A Deepness in the Sky. It isn't the premise of the story but on/off stasis schedules get discussed a bunch.

Unfortunately not it. It's a short story for sure...probably written somewhere between the 50s and the end of the 70s.

e: whoops, I see I somehow forgot to include the word "short" in my initial description.