Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Smorgasbord posted:

Rich people and celebrities coming across real bad in this whole pandemic.

Can you blame them? People like them aren't supposed to have to endure hardship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

gay picnic defence posted:

Can you blame them? People like them aren't supposed to have to endure hardship

I realise I’m probably just overreacting but me working In travel so worrying each day whether I’ll even have a job and my wife being a paramedic and out there every day she’s working it just makes me so frustrated to see these celebrities complaining about boredom or people just lolling it up over quarantine etc.

Like Sam doesn’t give a gently caress about anyone else (obviously), about how people are not able to pay rent, about people getting stood down, about people dying, gently caress him

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It’s almost as if rich people are inherently bad

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

teacup posted:

I can’t see what you are talking about can you link it?

Eddie is a funny one in that he’s been a racist and an idiot and out of touch, but he’s also a kid who grew up in broady and maybe 50% of the time he remembers that. There’s a reason that maybe 10-15 years back when there was rumours he’d get into politics he was rumoured to come in with labor not liberals.

It was from his breakfast show with Luke Darcy. It comes from the catholic upbringing and having been part of the whole schooling system is pretty aware of the abuse that happened in those places so I think its a pretty personal thing.

Also his brother is a labor state senator so he is a pretty labor leading.

Basically Maguire is a pretty stock standard Australian. A bit racist and sexist but has the ability to not be a total prick all the time.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm not a golfer and don't give a poo poo about the sport but tas courses are open for people to go, but only two per hole or something. I think other states are similar.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1250891616572727296?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

He was trying to social distance from the police and other car owners

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Luke Hodge would of missed all those cars, smh

drunkill posted:

he was protesting outside parliament. heh.

He's the smug rich prick version of these clowns

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1250846426717761536

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 16, 2020

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CordeuxMyles/status/1250901802096058368?s=19

Heh

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bulldogs are in shambles

https://twitter.com/AFLcomau/status/1250944594696531969

Turns out he somehow dragged Bailey Smith and Billy Gowers into it, they were at an ex-players house drinking then left to go to Gowers house and crashed into 4 cars.

There were puppies in one of the cars. They're all dead, puppies belonged to Will Minson who may or may not have been with them.

One of the cars he crashed into was Bailey Smiths girlfriends parents car? And then Bailey Smith drove him to Gowers house where Lachie kept drinking

I wonder how many players will get club suspensions.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Wow, massive coincidence all those cars connected to players or their families happened to be in the one spot

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Western dogkillers hey

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
No mention about the dead dogs in the media yet

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quantum Shart posted:

Western dogkillers hey

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Two month suspensions effective immediately, and no leniency no matter how many games that covers.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Two month suspensions effective immediately, and no leniency no matter how many games that covers.

so zero?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

No mention about the dead dogs in the media yet

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about it. Sounds like Hunter got on the piss and smashed his car and called Bailey to pick him up and drop him off at Gowers'.

I have zero doubt that Hunter will be stood down as vice captain, will cop the maximum fine and will cop a ban. If I were the club then I'd just ban him for the rest of the season because this poo poo was ridiculous and he dragged a 19yo kid into this poo poo.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Two months hardly sounds like zero to me!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

There were puppies in one of the cars. They're all dead

:smith:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Puppies thing might have been a rumour, we can only hope.

Either way, the Crows are joining in on the fun, although they waited until after 5pm on a Friday for the press release.

quote:

Young Crows forward Tyson Stengle has been reported for a drink driving offence after being stopped by police in Adelaide’s south-western suburbs.

Stengle was initially asked to pull over for driving an unregistered vehicle and subsequently recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.125.

Crows Head of Football Adam Kelly said these were serious breaches of the Club’s standards, as well as those of the broader community.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Top work from a guy who has played 3 games in 4 seasons, and may be out of contract end of year (but is probably contracted til end of next)

We dumped a whole bunch of players last year, and still have a whole bunch more that need to be moved on this year as well.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

AFL players making questionable decisions around alcohol, extremely out of character.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

"THE Carlton Football Club can confirm forward Charlie Curnow has suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury after scans revealed a hairline stress response in the bone.

The 22-year-old had been completing his rehabilitation program yesterday, when he felt some discomfort to his knee. As a precaution, the Club arranged for Curnow to undergo scans, which this afternoon confirmed the hairline stress response would delay Curnow’s full recovery by four to six weeks."

God please don't be perpetually broken Charlie

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Every day is Mad Monday

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Every day of 2020 has been Bad Monday

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess the AFL players were getting upset that the NRL was making constant dumb choices that they wanted to join in

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Every day of 2020 has been Bad Monday

2018 was Melbournes mad Monday because they actually impersonated a footy team

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

Puppies thing might have been a rumour, we can only hope.

Either way, the Crows are joining in on the fun, although they waited until after 5pm on a Friday for the press release.

Stengle :doh: Finally got a chance and looked alright, then he goes and does that. Idiot.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Decided to rewatch Mr. Inbetween this weekend, then clip this scene where they go to the footy.

https://streamable.com/2hxvli

The footy is on in the background of one or two scenes in season 1 as well, not bad for a show set in sydney, could have easily been rugby.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
There may be little to cheer about in the grim darkness of the present, but at least Georgia Patrikios was named best first year player in the AFLW MVP awards :allears:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Missing footy so decided to splurge $25 on The Suburban Footballer's book but hosed up my address in the order form.

One email later that was sorted but he did decide to leave a personalised card in it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That's pretty great IMO.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/GorringeDaniel/status/1252163969176891394

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Prespakis wins the carlton B&F tonight.

Back to back in her first two seasons, first carlton player to do that since Geoff Southby in 71/72

https://twitter.com/NicNegrepontis/status/1253270183390543874

https://twitter.com/carltonfc_w/status/1253277303917801479

3 first year players in the top 10

Nutsngum posted:

Missing footy so decided to splurge $25 on The Suburban Footballer's book but hosed up my address in the order form.

One email later that was sorted but he did decide to leave a personalised card in it.

Go bears! My old team.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 23, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Melbourne has emerged as the favourite to host all 18 clubs for the restart of the AFL season following a drop in Victoria’s coronavirus cases.

AFL officials were initially looking at restarting across multiple cities, including Perth and Adelaide, but the changing health situation has made Melbourne the frontrunner due to its facilities.

I for one am surprised to learn Melbourne is the VFL's frontrunner to host all football.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

no crowds means no vicbias

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

How feasible would it be to have the Victorian teams basically each host one of the interstate teams for practice facilities? Hosting games and which stadiums host is one thing, but limiting the number of places the players go and limiting the need for non-AFL facilities would be important too.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

harperdc posted:

How feasible would it be to have the Victorian teams basically each host one of the interstate teams for practice facilities? Hosting games and which stadiums host is one thing, but limiting the number of places the players go and limiting the need for non-AFL facilities would be important too.

Just jam them all into Seaford and pay us for the privilege.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Prespakis!

Maddy Prespakis wins the brownlow equivalent for the aflw. Has only played 15 games in the aflw and dominated the vote count tonight polling 3 votes in five of the six games played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w92H7NdJluo

AFLW BEST AND FAIREST TOP 10

1. Madison Prespakis (Carlton) 15
2. Kiara Bowers (Fremantle) 12
3. Emma Kearney (North Melbourne) 11
=4. Anne Hatchard (Adelaide) 10
=4. Jenna Bruton (North Melbourne) 10
5. Karen Paxman (Melbourne) 9
=7. Brittany Bonnici (Collingwood) 7
=7. Georgia Patrikios (St Kilda) 7
=7. Jaimee Lambert (Collingwood) 7
=7. Monique Conti (Richmond) 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah, she's a gun. Pretty much hit the ground running from her first match and never looked back.

Nice to see Hatchard get so high on the leaderboard :unsmith: One of very few Crows who can hold their head high this season.