Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Vidiot posted:

The voice actor's Crazy Roger Voice is amazing, and I like the music in the gun store scene. It has the same general feel of the original track but it's a lot more downtempo and minimalist.

I was skimming through trying to find what they used for the shopping medley but it looks like that whole sequence was cut out of the movie. It looks like maybe the Japanese television cut is based on the Italian cut?

Yeah, it's definitely got a lot of music cues from the more somber and serious Argento Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What’s a good site for horror movie posters? Need to grab a couple

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

the_american_dream posted:

What’s a good site for horror movie posters? Need to grab a couple

I got mine from moviepostershop.com - I can't speak to the quality but their 11x17 posters are 50% right now, so they're like $5 a piece. I'm sure they're print on demand or something, but they've got all the obscure Italian stuff I was looking for :shrug:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
If you want bad rear end posters look at some of Jean Rollin's film posters. They're insanely awesome.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hollismason posted:

If you want bad rear end posters look at some of Jean Rollin's film posters. They're insanely awesome.

Hell yeah

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh my god The Gate is so cute :3:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

The_Doctor posted:

The phrase ‘Poltergeist episode’ reminded me out of nowhere, that a Poltergeist tv series existed and lasted for 4 seasons.

I remember it being pretty decent for the time. Pity it didn't last longer, but going from every other horror series' track record except Tales from the Crypt, we were lucky to get the four.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Oh my god The Gate is so cute :3:

"It's the BEST!" I fuckin love that movie, used to give me nightmares as a kid but I'd keep re-watching it lol

The sequel is insanely loving bad unfortunately despite having some more than expected continuity with the original.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I enjoyed 2011 The Tunnel but man that was a long 90 minutes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've had that movie sitting on my harddrive for drat near a decade. One day I'll watch it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Last night I watched Grizzly, and while overall I think they failed with "jaws on land" does anyone have any recommendations that fit the premise?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

CRAYON posted:

Last night I watched Grizzly, and while overall I think they failed with "jaws on land" does anyone have any recommendations that fit the premise?

Tremors

Sorta

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CRAYON posted:

Prophecy (1979) for sure

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

CRAYON posted:

Razorback.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

:hmmyes:

I still gotta check out Prophecy, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Tremors

Sorta

Tremors' working title early in production was "Land Sharks". It's pretty dang close to a shark movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're telling me this movie is inspired by Jaws?

Unpossible.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CRAYON posted:

Arachnophobia.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Don't Torture a Duckling doesn't gently caress around.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Unpossible.

Looking at that is making me irritated about the scale of that graboid

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Looking at that is making me irritated about the scale of that graboid

The graboid shouldn't even be on the poster at all. Half the fun of the movie is the gradual reveal of what the monster actually is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Is this it? We can build highways, but we can't overcome ignorance and supersitition"

Is a good line

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

feedmyleg posted:

Unpossible.

In norwegian Jaws was called "Haisommer" (Shark Summer).

The title Tremors got was "Marksommer" (Worm Summer).

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Apes-Ma posted:

In norwegian Jaws was called "Haisommer" (Shark Summer).

The title Tremors got was "Marksommer" (Worm Summer).

Marksommer, the sequel to Midsommar.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Now I want a series of various animal summer horror movies.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

The graboid shouldn't even be on the poster at all. Half the fun of the movie is the gradual reveal of what the monster actually is.

While I agree, the poser does a pretty good misdirection while still selling it as a desert-set monster movie where the characters are way in over their heads.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

dorium posted:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Neo Rasa posted:

Prophecy (1979) for sure

Thank you!

I feel really dumb for not seeing Tremors as a Jaws inspired film. :doh:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

While I agree, the poser does a pretty good misdirection while still selling it as a desert-set monster movie where the characters are way in over their heads.

Yeah I’ve never thought about it before but that doesn’t look anything like a graboid, regardless of scale.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I’ve never thought about it before but that doesn’t look anything like a graboid, regardless of scale.

It's the tentacle tongue with sharper teeth.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

:yeshaha:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of a shame we've never had a Tremors video game. I don't know what the gameplay would be like, but I'm sad we've never had one.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

It's kind of a shame we've never had a Tremors video game. I don't know what the gameplay would be like, but I'm sad we've never had one.

I'm basically picturing something along the lines of Monster Hunter, but set in the Southwest, with guns instead of swords and spears and etc, and ideally more fun than the "repeatedly slamming your balls in a car door" experience MH offers.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

dorium posted:

An origin-story / prequel starring Will Poulter and his vape rig.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

I'm basically picturing something along the lines of Monster Hunter, but set in the Southwest, with guns instead of swords and spears and etc, and ideally more fun than the "repeatedly slamming your balls in a car door" experience MH offers.

I'd also like some Crash Bandicoot boulder levels but running from a Graboid.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Franchescanado posted:

shovelware by a japanese studio where you play a graboid that becomes a cult classic

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Mike Flanagan worked on the poster for Tremors?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

I'd also like some Crash Bandicoot boulder levels but running from a Graboid.

If it was a MH-like that used World's basic setup, with expeditions and non-target monsters running around in missions and such, you'd get a decent amount of that, because it's 100% possible that a mission to go kill five assblasters or something will end up with a whole-rear end full-sized Graboid chasing your rear end back to the camp while you're not nearly geared up to fight it.

Like, MH's whole setup would work fantastically for adapting a movie series with a hook of "here's a whole bunch of weird-rear end monsters, humans don't like them, go kill them."

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

If it was a MH-like that used World's basic setup, with expeditions and non-target monsters running around in missions and such, you'd get a decent amount of that, because it's 100% possible that a mission to go kill five assblasters or something will end up with a whole-rear end full-sized Graboid chasing your rear end back to the camp while you're not nearly geared up to fight it.

Like, MH's whole setup would work fantastically for adapting a movie series with a hook of "here's a whole bunch of weird-rear end monsters, humans don't like them, go kill them."
Then do I have great news for you! :haw:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Tremors 2 is like a perfect template for this sort of thing. I love a jank fun game about Tremors, hell put it in the same engine as like Days Gone or something.