Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cams posted:

darby should beat lance

oh no no no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Right now i'm leaning towards Archer going over Darby. Darby showcases his progression by beating a guy he hasn't been able to until now, while setting up a new hurdle to overcome in Archer. It also spins into doubt about whether Cody can beat Archer when that eventually happens.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

It might be ok if Archer distracts Cody to make him lose and then Cody does the same in the final.

WWE has seriously poisoned peoples' brains

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ban the wwe brain worms and similar things talk from discussions that aren't about wwe. it's using wwe as a shield to insult other users. nothing more

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Darby beating Lance would be the more satisfying answer. I'm going to loving lose my mind the first time Darby wins a belt. But, story wise, you get more value long term having Lance go over. Darby's also just a natural underdog, he needs those obstacles to get over.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like Darby going into the final over Cody, and then maybe a Darby vs Cody rematch for first shot at Lance Archer?

You could have Cody heel it up a bit by invoking EVP powers to book it that way and push him more towards tweener

I don't know that a heel Cody is even possible, but I feel like part of the arc he's building will have to include some hosed up poo poo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Darby is great but Lucha Lance is winning this poo poo, mark my words.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Please stop out-thinking the room here, guys. Cody over Darby strong, then Cody over Lance strong is the only move here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There is zero possibility of Archer not walking away as the first TNT champion

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

81sidewinder posted:

Please stop out-thinking the room here, guys. Cody over Darby strong, then Cody over Lance strong is the only move here.

Either that or they give it to Archer and Darby gets the chase.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

You don't spend this much time and effort setting up your vicious monster heel only to have him lose a mid card belt tournament to a roll up, that's some fed poo poo.

nah the fed style is to job him out of the tournament on a count out(to keep him strong), have him go on a year long losing streak(mostly countouts and DQs for kicking too much rear end), turn face for some unfathomable reason and then have him be the 3rd eliminated in the andre the giant battle royale. Then releasing the person that pushed him over because they celebrated and the crowd ate it up.

Its easier to have Archer win it all. Is it the most exciting?

Darby upsetting both Cody and Archer to take it is pretty exciting to me.

Cody winning it? well he's been doing the work with the promos and making it sound like he'll open his guts to the air if that belt isn't around his waist. Based on the cornovirus briefings, ritual suicide is a ratings draw.

I'm good with Archer killing Dustin. There's too many dustins.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s almost as if multiple guys have been built strong going into the tournament to make it feel like any of them have a reason to win the tournament and a legit chance too

(Except Dustin, sorry Dust)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's probably because I'm old and because I watched it out of context but that tiktok segment seemed like a bad wwe comedy sketch to me I dunno

It was the first thing they've done so far that made me say yikes

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

81sidewinder posted:

Happy to get roasted if I missed the sarcasm but you were wrong twice in one post.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

81sidewinder posted:

shows what you know i'm barely thinking AT. ALL.

darby should win

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody over Darby.

Archer over Dustin Strong.

Archer over Cody Strong.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i dunno, i think darby should beat cody cause cody is boring and darby is fun

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's probably because I'm old and because I watched it out of context but that tiktok segment seemed like a bad wwe comedy sketch to me I dunno

It was the first thing they've done so far that made me say yikes

"Guys being filmed from another camera while video-chatting" is AEW's "watching monitor while standing right next to it."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Darby makes more sense. He'll look like a million bucks against Archer, while Jake can claim that Cody's ducking Lance due to the loss.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am accepting the videos being filmed by loved ones (Benji films Sammy's segments) because the other option would be looking at a voice call and that is literally the worst thing I could think of in the world to put on your TV show.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Darby over Cody and losing to Archer in the final is still probably huge for Darby and it sets up Archer/Cody as a potentially really good title feud down the road because it flips the dynamic of Cody pushing off Archer because he hadn't accomplished anything in AEW and wasn't worth of a match with Cody.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Darby wins and he and Priscilla do something gross but kinda PG with the belt. Darby and Priscilla then go on to be regulars on the late night talk show circuit doing gross stuff and giving out relationship advice.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm disappointed that Sammy lost, not that I don't like Darby, but Sammy's just so loving good I'm ready for him to start succeeding (even though he's such a star as is.) On the other hand, he had a massive win this week over the entire Inner Circle by out-Flim Flamming Jericho leading to the first instance of dissension in the Inner Circle. It's possible that the stable could fracture over a video call dance contest and I am so loving here for that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I absolutely love the Darby/Sammy rivalry and I hope they keep clashing as they evolve and move up the rankings in AEW. Just two young guys that hate each other and want to murder each other, that's something I can easily get behind. I hope Dabry wins the TNT Championship, but I would also be totally fine with Sammy costing him a match, further deepening their hatred.

Orange Cassidy continues to be the highlight of Wednesdays for me. I started cheering when he made his comeback, it's amazing how invested I get in that dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the fucky finish would be Cody gets by Darby because Sammy hosed Darby and then Cody barely goes over Archer because of some jarrett esque lockerroom empyting runins. Then slaps Jake in the face because gently caress yeah, elder abuse.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Crapple! posted:

Happy to get roasted if I missed the sarcasm but you were wrong twice in one post.

No sarcasm. This belt is meant to be the flagship of their second show. I think Cody winning it clean establishes the new brand for them exactly like Jericho did for Dynamite.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wardlow should win the tournament

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Wardlow should win the tournament

:hmmyes:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Havoc904 posted:

Someone on the Simpson's Bortposting facebook group posted an amazing Simpsons/wrestling video that most belongs in this thread. https://www.facebook.com/701637597/videos/10159683447862598

This is the greatest thing in the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Havoc904 posted:

Someone on the Simpson's Bortposting facebook group posted an amazing Simpsons/wrestling video that most belongs in this thread. https://www.facebook.com/701637597/videos/10159683447862598

Hooray!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Darby/Lance in the finals is a great chance to give Darby a long competitive match where he looks like a hero but Lance still wins, like the Darby vs Sammy and Jericho match where he almost beat the two of them alone. There's nothing but upside to giving him openings for future matches with Cody and Lance.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lord whoa

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Havoc904 posted:

this is amazing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lots of wwe brain worms ITT

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like they were definitely building to Lance/Cody if the original idea was that the TNT championship was gonna be decided at the PPV. But with everything shut down and DoN happening without an audience, that changes the equation to one where it'd be good to turn the Lance/Jake/Cody storyline into something longer-term so you're not wasting it.

If that would require a change of plans, I wonder if they had enough time to realize that before they taped everything

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1253339855330750472

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Darby/Lance in the finals is a great chance to give Darby a long competitive match where he looks like a hero but Lance still wins, like the Darby vs Sammy and Jericho match where he almost beat the two of them alone. There's nothing but upside to giving him openings for future matches with Cody and Lance.

This would be my preferred final but I'm ok with Cody/Lance too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I assumed Omega and Page would hold the tag belts for like 3 weeks before imploding and was proudly proven wrong.

I am expecting Cody vs Archer after Archer murders Dustin, but would be fine being proven wrong again.

Honestly I'd be cool with the most out there option which is Darby vs Dustin.