Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Grau has a slightly worse time to kill than the RAM and M4 (it's still better than the Kilo), but significantly better dropoff ranges, especially with its longer barrels (with excellent ironsights, as mentioned). It will outshoot both of them at mid-range, but lose to both of them close-up (the RAM is the opposite, and the M4 is essentially in the middle between the two).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The RAM is flat out my favorite gun in multiplayer, but I think it's thoroughly mediocre in Warzone. There is no range where it feels like the best option imo. I had it in my loadout for so long and it felt like I was just nerfing myself.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 23, 2020

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Well found an interesting exploit in a specific building type in Warzone.

https://www.twitch.tv/vanstrider55/clip/DistinctStormyPoxDendiFace

This building is in Port, I think it is the D building in ground war. It's also found west of storage town on the west side of the highway.

If you see a vehicle inside, don't bother entering, you are able to jump from the vehicle up into the ceiling and remain undetected and shoot through the walls.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The time trials are loving impossible to get 3 stars on any of them.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Not an exploit, but something I discovered. I saved a clip but have yet to post it. South of superstore there is a section of buildings, several apartments that look like / / / / on the map (but aligned vertically) and two others that look like ( ). The parentheses shaped ones have their stairwells on the narrow ends. I was ascending to confront a squad once and the guy at the top closed the door on me. Well, poo poo. If I open the door, I'm dead. Found out you can actually jump from the stairwell at the top to the roof, bypassing the door as they're on the same level. Shot that guy in the back like I was listening to the Ramones.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao a guy on the other team managed to kill four of us with one rocket in Search and Destroy and after the match both teams spent the post-game congratulating them

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

drunken officeparty posted:

The time trials are loving impossible to get 3 stars on any of them.

Up your sensitivity and get those little stick extenders.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao a guy on the other team managed to kill four of us with one rocket in Search and Destroy and after the match both teams spent the post-game congratulating them

SnD rounds that immediately end to a RPG own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PS parties were busted last night so I had to play in public chat and omg death mics are so funny. I wish the chat itself wasn't so bad because I need more of this in my life.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Some vids incoming. Important lesson here regarding vehicle use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZyKIxbdAI

Interesting glitch involving molotovs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXZFNaeyZ4

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzE9ZeDbwDw

codo27 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 23, 2020

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

veni veni veni posted:

PS parties were busted last night so I had to play in public chat and omg death mics are so funny. I wish the chat itself wasn't so bad because I need more of this in my life.

Right! Death mice are so good. I have pulled off bullshit head shots in the gulag and heard “HOW!!!?!” But the quality is so bad for regular coms that we always party up on PS4.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

codo27 posted:

Not an exploit, but something I discovered. I saved a clip but have yet to post it. South of superstore there is a section of buildings, several apartments that look like / / / / on the map (but aligned vertically) and two others that look like ( ). The parentheses shaped ones have their stairwells on the narrow ends. I was ascending to confront a squad once and the guy at the top closed the door on me. Well, poo poo. If I open the door, I'm dead. Found out you can actually jump from the stairwell at the top to the roof, bypassing the door as they're on the same level. Shot that guy in the back like I was listening to the Ramones.

We've used this when assaulting those buildings, have one guy go through the door the other jumps around the ledge.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

MF_James posted:

We've used this when assaulting those buildings, have one guy go through the door the other jumps around the ledge.

There's a building downtown with a window in the staircase that you can go through to get onto a ledge to avoid using the door if you think it's camped. I got killed by that once.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Reminds me of the Burnout(maybe need for speed?) game where it would take a picture with your xbox camera when someone made you crash

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Gah I hate Khandor Hideout call of duty gods, just give me 24/7 shipment playlist :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone using SKS for Warzone? What do you think? Was just trying it in regular multi and it's pretty fun.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Khandor is how i got my longshots for my gold ak, the only redeeming thing :unsmith:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone using SKS for Warzone? What do you think? Was just trying it in regular multi and it's pretty fun.

Unfortunately marksman rifles will not have a good place in warzone due to the ammo system. 40 max just isn’t going to cut it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poo poo. That's a good point.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

i use it with the longest barrel and the 10clip as a fast sniper and i enjoy quite a bit

then again, like the AK and FAL, i use the SKS because it's a real cool historical gun

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are UAVs way shorter than other games or am I just bad

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The RAM is flat out my favorite gun in multiplayer, but I think it's thoroughly mediocre in Warzone. There is no range where it feels like the best option imo. I had it in my loadout for so long and it felt like I was just nerfing myself.

It's in a weird spot where it's good at every range but not the best at any of them.

I've been using the on meta Grau/Snakeshot combo and it's silly. I *think* the Renetti's are better but they're a higher skill weapon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I like the SKS. Keep in mind you also have a team that's also carrying 40 bullets a head, and everyone shouldn't be a sniper

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

drunken officeparty posted:

Are UAVs way shorter than other games or am I just bad

Yeah, they do seem super short. Does personal radar last longer??

I’ve been seeing a lot more full teams in MP lately and they are super chatty

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I like hideout, I dont get the hate. I totally avoid the big field and it's pretty easy to run and gun. It's way better than loving backlot.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
The grau with the super long barrel and mono suppressor really locks down the field

I’m annoyed by the hard point layout on the map but can’t think of a better one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Live At Five! posted:

I like hideout, I dont get the hate. I totally avoid the big field and it's pretty easy to run and gun. It's way better than loving backlot.

Hideout is the poo poo. Easily one of my favorite run and gun maps. It's up there with gun runner imo.

JaySB posted:

It's in a weird spot where it's good at every range but not the best at any of them.

I've been using the on meta Grau/Snakeshot combo and it's silly. I *think* the Renetti's are better but they're a higher skill weapon.

Yeah. It's serviceable. But at close range it feels worse than an SMG and at medium range it's worse than the good ARs/LMGs. I just think it's niche of being chunky but quick only excels in multi and makes it feel weak in WZ. It's all right with me because it gives me something to look forward to when I'm just playing multi for fun and not trying to level guns. I usually just leave it on the ground in WZ at this point though.

I had no idea snakeshot was a thing in WZ. I've never seen anyone use it and I gave up on it long ago after they nerfed the hell out of it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I’m not a huge fan of the RAM in Warzone. It feels good enough within a certain range, but once you get out far enough that you miss a few bullets before the hard pull to the left, I find myself kicking myself and knowing that’s a kill I would have had with the M4 or a Grau. Up close you’ll have some reverse of that situation but I’m finding that making sure I drag my spray to the head will win me most 50/50s. Long story short I’m back on the M4.

And yes, holy gently caress are snake shot stupid. At this point I’m mostly dying to those stupid revolvers or RPGs.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hi guys, my bro pressured me into buying this game since there was a discount so we can play multiplayer am I in for a good time or no? is this games multiplayer similar to battlefield? is this game better than cod-blops 4? I like military shooters but I've never gotten into COD so I'm just wondering if there's any tips or tricks I should know to get good... I just hope I dont regret my purchase I did under pressure because the reviews arent flying that high for this game....

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 24, 2020

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Game is good, didn't play blops4, I've been off COD since playing ghosts for 1-2 hours and calling it quits.

sliding/jumping is a big part of the game, get used to doing it when rounding corners in MP.

SMGs are super powerful, especially the MP5 and MP7; most of the ARs are viable now but the M4 is still the all-around king of poo poo mountain imo.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I've been away from this game for a while now. I see there are new maps in the domination playlist, I like the shopping mall storage one and the sawmill one, they are more like the old style map design without all those killzones the release maps has. Are there other new maps?

Also, thanks to the guy who said the Uzi didnt suck anymore. Its actually quite lethal now and fun to use!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
rpg vs pistol
https://i.imgur.com/Z7DoqNW.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Al-Saqr posted:

Hi guys, my bro pressured me into buying this game since there was a discount so we can play multiplayer am I in for a good time or no? is this games multiplayer similar to battlefield? is this game better than cod-blops 4? I like military shooters but I've never gotten into COD so I'm just wondering if there's any tips or tricks I should know to get good... I just hope I dont regret my purchase I did under pressure because the reviews arent flying that high for this game....

It's faster to kill in COD, no vehicles (except in Ground War, which is Shittier Battlefield), and kill chains get you kill streaks that lead to winning more. It's like BF in that shooting feels pretty similar but it's smaller scale and faster all around

I've had a good time so far but I'm much worse at it than BF3 with my tank crew lmao

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to kill someone camped in a small space with a riot shield if you have no explosives or is that just a "leave them alone and hope they don't shoot you in the back" scenario?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Push El Burrito posted:

Is there a way to kill someone camped in a small space with a riot shield if you have no explosives or is that just a "leave them alone and hope they don't shoot you in the back" scenario?

Wait for them to get bored or twitch and shoot their foot

I think FMJ penetrates too

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yolo
https://i.imgur.com/zzks6v6.gifv

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm pretty new to cod, but the thing that stands out to me most is how low-recoil a lot of guns are and the TTK is really really low. Snipers seem to be able to one hit kill on body shots instead of requiring headshots. I'm not a huge fan but maybe it just feels bad because I like to play ground war (the most battlefield-like game mode perhaps?) and it can feel like you die instantly from any direction.

Still enjoying myself though! I started with warzone but decided to buy the game for the multiplayer because i hate waiting really long between deaths

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

whalestory posted:

I'm pretty new to cod, but the thing that stands out to me most is how low-recoil a lot of guns are and the TTK is really really low. Snipers seem to be able to one hit kill on body shots instead of requiring headshots. I'm not a huge fan but maybe it just feels bad because I like to play ground war (the most battlefield-like game mode perhaps?) and it can feel like you die instantly from any direction.

The TTK is the hardest thing to get used to coming from a longtime Battlefield player. It's not as bad in Warzone where there's armor, but regular Multiplayer you often die before you even know you're being attacked.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

SolarFire2 posted:

The TTK is the hardest thing to get used to coming from a longtime Battlefield player. It's not as bad in Warzone where there's armor, but regular Multiplayer you often die before you even know you're being attacked.

what makes it worse is the auto aim assist console players get... unless the person shooting you is a real potato, you're likely to die as soon as someone spots you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Last King posted:

what makes it worse is the auto aim assist console players get... unless the person shooting you is a real potato, you're likely to die as soon as someone spots you.

Shouldn't matchmaking solve that? If someone is regularly stomping people because they use controller, it should match them with better players.