Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
If you truly care, in my fanfiction Fred has had an emotional breakdown and thinks they are a house elf, and after searching fruitlessly for clothes in the castle, has found a needle and thread, and spent the entire night learning how to make his own clothes. Oh, and I found my want in a different place than it was the night before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Like we suddenly have a ton of people claiming Polyjuice or RBs on them as well and I find some of that very scummy just for the sheer quantity of claims, especially given other info floating about (I promise more on this later, but not a good time for me to be writing a giant post with all that's going on IRL, please hold me to this one!)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pander posted:

Why TT?

And...you can use protective potions on *other* players? Seems like something you'd drink yourself.
I trusted and liked his play and thought that others would have the same opinion, including scum, who'd try to shut him up. So I tried to protect him.

And, yes. I could've used the potion on anyone I chose, including myself, or given it away to anyone else and let it be their responsibility. As for why I didn't use it on myself: c'mon, you saw my D1. As long as I'm drawing suspicion, the scum will never kill me.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm not sure D3 voting patterns will be as useful to picking up critical votes as D2

Votecount for D2

like for D2 late in the day you have sandwolf and E+ bringing the votecount from 10-7 xopods vs kcw (11 to lynch) to 10-9. That made a kcw lynch realistically possible.

And then you get

Tom Tucker posted:

crazypills.gif
TT trying to throw cold water on the KCW movement.

I think TT should be way more realistic a lynch candidate tomorrow than amnistar or sandwolf.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Like, Liger being SK is just a theory, it's every bit as plausible that he's scum. Given three clearly different forms of killing so far (killing curse, gunshot, and strangulation) I don't think we should necessarily ascribe kill flavor to factions yet.

And if Liger's scum (not SK) I'm like 99% sure Tom's scum. I get the same vibe from him that he's just scum scum scum that I did way back in chili's inception game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dexanth posted:

Like we suddenly have a ton of people claiming Polyjuice or RBs on them as well and I find some of that very scummy just for the sheer quantity of claims, especially given other info floating about (I promise more on this later, but not a good time for me to be writing a giant post with all that's going on IRL, please hold me to this one!)

We had two people claim the ability to roleblock and had two people claim to be roleblocked.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hi guys, missed the ping for reopen while working out.

Will the people who joined me in merks room last night please discuss what they were doing there?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello I will vote for Liger when it is appropriate to do so.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

We had two people claim the ability to roleblock and had two people claim to be roleblocked.

My philosophy is to treat night actions as evidence to be taken under advisement, not gospel.

Like, I'm not convinced either Sandwolf or Amnistar are scum, despite the claims against them. As far as Sandwolf is concerned, consider his move to the RoR from the perspective of a theoretically town sandwolf. If you know you're town, taking yourself out removes a potential mislynch candidate for the day and maybe amnistar gets lynched and flips scum, so you end up validated. And Amnistar's posting imo trumps spoonsy's claim, I don't think scum post at the volume and fervor that amnistar's been throwing down this game.

I'd sooner put TT, capnandy, mikujin, and dex under the microscope.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

Will the people who joined me in merks room last night please discuss what they were doing there?

hell yea spoonsy, good choice.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also I won't immediately vote Amni, but I think the Weasleys might be the scum's town claim. And I still think I might know who George is if I guessed Amni's crumb right.

Also also it's the NFL draft tonight and my company's covering major parts analytics-wise of it so I either won't be around or I'll be around too much, depends on how much I have to fill in for coworkers once that gets going at 7

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

Also I won't immediately vote Amni, but I think the Weasleys might be the scum's town claim. And I still think I might know who George is if I guessed Amni's crumb right.

Also also it's the NFL draft tonight and my company's covering major parts analytics-wise of it so I either won't be around or I'll be around too much, depends on how much I have to fill in for coworkers once that gets going at 7

I'm honestly curious who you think I crumbed as george because I don't know jack,

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I'm honestly curious who you think I crumbed as george because I don't know jack,

Just to confirm - you're saying you're Fred and you don't know who George is

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

Just to confirm - you're saying you're Fred and you don't know who George is

Correct.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So, Spoonsy, you've claimed to visit a victim, DBD, and a RBed/polyjuiced(?) guy, merk, in consecutive nights.

You made a claim last night that was unable to be vouched for, and you're making another right now, extremely open-ended on a player who's already claimed to have been visited.

You were a late entry onto the xopods lynch and at the time poo-poohed the KCW case.

So just for the record, I'm pretty low on trust for you and your claims atm.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

Not unless absolutely forced, because it will only help scum.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pander posted:

I'm not sure D3 voting patterns will be as useful to picking up critical votes as D2

Votecount for D2

like for D2 late in the day you have sandwolf and E+ bringing the votecount from 10-7 xopods vs kcw (11 to lynch) to 10-9. That made a kcw lynch realistically possible.

And then you get

TT trying to throw cold water on the KCW movement.

I think TT should be way more realistic a lynch candidate tomorrow than amnistar or sandwolf.

Yeah I mean I get this. I really did push xopods over KCW, I was feeling confident about both of them. No real defense I can make to this though I pushed xopods and defended kcw and was wrong on both counts. I will try to dig in tonight to get more perspective.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Pander posted:

So, Spoonsy, you've claimed to visit a victim, DBD, and a RBed/polyjuiced(?) guy, merk, in consecutive nights.

You made a claim last night that was unable to be vouched for, and you're making another right now, extremely open-ended on a player who's already claimed to have been visited.

You were a late entry onto the xopods lynch and at the time poo-poohed the KCW case.

Spoonsy's question is very valid here and it being open ended is important

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pander posted:

Don't you and a bunch of others have the ability to see who Spoonsy visited?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, while we are waiting, leith, why do you think Kash saw you visit sci? Does your Bility announce your visit to other visitors?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dexanth posted:

Not unless absolutely forced, because it will only help scum.

Got it.

And the others?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm also confused as to why today spoons saw multiple people in mark's room but last time didn't see hum visit dbd.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Don't you and a bunch of others have the ability to see who Spoonsy visited?

Yeah, which is why I don't think spoonsy is lying.

I believe he visited DBD.

I believe he visited merk.

But the real question is WHY.

Why did he visit DBD? Was it to watch DBD? He dodged the WHY of this earlier. Maybe it was to kill DBD, and then pin it on Amnistar. If amnistar is mislynched, then whoops must have been night action fuckery, someone polyjuiced!

And theoretically a watcher visiting merk makes sense. But what if it's not a watcher visit? What if it's a scum visit for some other purpose, either polyjuicing merk, RBing him, or whatever else? Or maybe it was to kill merk, but someone docced merk and Spoonsy is trying to tease that out?

This way, spoonsy can be 100% honest about who he's visiting. I learn nothing by tracking him.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I'm also confused as to why today spoons saw multiple people in mark's room but last time didn't see hum visit dbd.

Tonight was Room. Last night was Door.

I think a little more explanation as to what I do might be in order....

If anyone has seen a giant white penguin Patronus in their rooms in the evening, hi there. I think we've made an uncomfortable amount of eye contact each time, so I Expect-o you know I was there already.

You, Amnistar, are a still unexplained (to me) side effect of my action two nights ago

Just remember - Dementors take it out of you. Eat your chocolate.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Spoonsy posted:

I Expect-o you know

I sensibly chuckled.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Personally I believe Spoonsy is town. I don't have any reason to doubt his claims so far, and him having a strange visitation type power explains why he didn't go into detail about how his power works yesterday. Keeping things close to your chest is not scummy.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I sensibly chuckled.

That's the highest compliment I can get in this game

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

If anyone has seen a giant white penguin Patronus in their rooms in the evening, hi there. I think we've made an uncomfortable amount of eye contact each time, so I Expect-o you know I was there already.

You, Amnistar, are a still unexplained (to me) side effect of my action two nights ago

I will confirm the 'uncomfortable eye contact' aspect - this is how I know Spoonsy visited Merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

Also, while we are waiting, leith, why do you think Kash saw you visit sci? Does your Bility announce your visit to other visitors?

Because I can not think of another way Kash could be so certain I am town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Because I can not think of another way Kash could be so certain I am town.

So nothing about your roll implies that other people would se you visiting a target?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

The eye contact thing is why I can vouch Spoonsy was there. I think there's more info about it being held back, and if so, it is not my place to reveal it.

That said : Spoonsy, are you holding back one detail about the eye contact mechanic specifically? If so, I assume you have a reason for it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

So nothing about your roll implies that other people would se you visiting a target?
The roll is silent on the subject. Mod summary of night actions implies that I should not be seen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello! I was hoping the day would stay closed until tomorrow so I could catch up but I am a few hundred posts behind so could someone sum up liger situation real quick?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

The roll is silent on the subject. Mod summary of night actions implies that I should not be seen.

Okay, so why do you think Kash, who claimed to have roleblocked Sci, knows you are town, because they not only saw you visit sci, but also saw what your role did when you visited sci, all while performing said roleblock action?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Hello! I was hoping the day would stay closed until tomorrow so I could catch up but I am a few hundred posts behind so could someone sum up liger situation real quick?

They lied about not targeting someone coming out of the RoR.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dexanth posted:

The eye contact thing is why I can vouch Spoonsy was there. I think there's more info about it being held back, and if so, it is not my place to reveal it.

That said : Spoonsy, are you holding back one detail about the eye contact mechanic specifically? If so, I assume you have a reason for it.

Other than us making it and then all leaving?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

Okay, so why do you think Kash, who claimed to have roleblocked Sci, knows you are town, because they not only saw you visit sci, but also saw what your role did when you visited sci, all while performing said roleblock action?

Whoa wtf I never claimed to roleblock

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Whoa wtf I never claimed to roleblock

Sorry, destroy items.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

They lied about not targeting someone coming out of the RoR.

cool cool seems open and shut then ##vote liger

Feeling good about amni today after KCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My point still stands. Why does Leith think you know these things about them when your claimed action was to destroy items.