Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
not to mention the potential additional load on emergency services if/when something goes wrong far from civilization :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I wanna go kayaking badly

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

canada geese

Canadas Gooses

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah they're closing all that stuff because use is wayyy up and people can't let us have nice things by follow the rules; they're always the special case where those rules don't apply

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why in the gently caress are backcountry campsites and trailheads closed this is so stupid

how is solo hiking 15 miles into nowhere not social distancing

aaaaahggh

when it turns into a $400,000 search+rescue -> life flight chopper trip

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why in the gently caress are backcountry campsites and trailheads closed this is so stupid

how is solo hiking 15 miles into nowhere not social distancing

aaaaahggh

the nz reasoning is "if people need to rescue you then they'd need to break isolation with you and with each other"

also you're not supposed to be traveling around at the moment anyway

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

geese are scum and u should addle their eggs or at the very least use a green laser pointer to get them to gently caress off

what about a swan op

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Schadenboner posted:

Canadas Gooses

If you gotta problem with canada gooses you gotta problem with me! I suggest you let that one marinate

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

If you gotta problem with canada gooses you gotta problem with me! I suggest you let that one marinate

:allears:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my hero

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

patron saint of this thread

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk why but I wish I could go for a run by the eel river

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Kind Friend posted:

go outside whenever you can in a safe and socially-distanced way. it will do wonders for your mental health.
my mom suggested that i do this for lunch or on the weekend but then she heard about the people cited in san diego for parking at the beach to watch the sun set :smith:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

my mom suggested that i do this for lunch or on the weekend but then she heard about the people cited in san diego for parking at the beach to watch the sun set :smith:

some places are making it easy to be safe outside, others are just fining people with little relation to the danger posed

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

local police, instead of putting up a sign saying "this path is now banned" like they have in some other places (and which are almost universally obeyed), spend their day sitting at one end fining locals

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cold on a Cob posted:

patron saint of this thread

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pointsofdata posted:

local police, instead of putting up a sign saying "this path is now banned" like they have in some other places (and which are almost universally obeyed), spend their day sitting at one end fining locals

traffic tickets are way down and thats their bread and butter

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
day ~60 of working at corporate and i still dont have any path to deploy a system--that customers are paying for--to a production environment

i want to be this man now and i think i almost have enough scratch to do it if i find some decent land somewhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcsWajivnI

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Corla Plankun posted:

day ~60 of working at corporate and i still dont have any path to deploy a system--that customers are paying for--to a production environment

i want to be this man now and i think i almost have enough scratch to do it if i find some decent land somewhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcsWajivnI

yeah this was a thing that mostly boomers could do but now Cannot Be Allowed by a lot of those same boomers

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
another day, another roadblock

or as I've been calling this one -- Roadblock: Part Ewe

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

another day, another roadblock

or as I've been calling this one -- Roadblock: Part Ewe

:golfclap:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBum8G4fts&t=3695s

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

sorry to hear that bud. i feel super lucky to be living in a more rural area now where it's still possible to get outside safely and legally. here's a pic from a hike i took over the weekend.

in other news: after quitting my tech job i've been doing some work for my folks on their ranch. i really wish fixing fences paid six figgies. it's hard work, but it sure as hell beats thinking about fuckin databases all day under fluorescent lighting.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

i really hope i get to hike the pct this summer :( it's very much up in the air right now. i know it's small potatoes compared to the legit suffering many people are experiencing right now, but psychologically it's difficult having planned and looked forward to this for years, pushing myself to the point of total burnout, only to have it dissolve. my start date is the beginning of july, so it's possible things could improve enough by then that it could work, but who knows.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
And now the good-boys are out with the flocks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

nice tracts of land there

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Steal a sheep

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Doggos would Not Approve

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Steal the dogs too

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
You wouldn't steal a sheep and poo poo in he head.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think someone killed a badger :smith:

:nms:

:nms:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

the further adventures of pandemic nights

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pa is starting to open up their parks so we’re starting to plan a camping trip in early june. fingers crossed that our numbers continue to trend down and we don’t gently caress this up in the next few weeks like the south has

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

early june is only 2 incubation cycles away

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

back out in the cabin. still too much snow to drive all the way, and two cranes and i scared each other half to death as i apparently managed to sneak up on them dancing just outside the door on the far side of the cabin.

life is pretty good.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ewe totally would.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

back out in the cabin. still too much snow to drive all the way, and two cranes and i scared each other half to death

don't go chasing construction sites, please stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007