Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Man my Costco is dystopia as gently caress now. They have the exit receipt checkers in a plexiglass booth that you hold your receipt up to and they have these big dj style speakers every 5 aisles or so with a voice on a loop saying “Welcome to Costco at The District. Please maintain a 6 foot distance from other customers. Thank you. “

The District is the name of the shopping center this Costco is at

Trip report Kalamazoo MI, went yesterday for the first time since mid-February. No DJ style speakers, but lots of floor tape and plexiglass at registers and exits to hold up and show card/receipts. Didn't unload my own cart to the belt as a cashier assistant did it, unless that was because we were the only ones in line? Everyone was pleasant and polite despite my not knowing the new protocols.

Went early, just before 10 am as I'm a couple years from 'old' and no line to get in on a Wednesday, and less than 20 or so customers in the store so 'social distance' was easy. All but 2 customers were wearing masks and all employees were.
Was near critical on paper products at my house from waiting so long, and got TP, towels, napkins, plates, and laundry and dishwasher detergent no problem. There was no Kirkland TP but more expensive Charmin, but it's pretty darn cushy! :D
Didn't buy much food as I'm an 'essential worker' as a merchandiser at a grocery store and there every day (and terrified) :(

They seem to have it well under control, so kudos to Costco. Was worried about a trip there after seeing news reports, but it was a good experience, better than my daily work at the regional grocery store that change the protocols 3 times a day lately.

So, good job Costco for saving me money and letting me buy larger, longer lasting, quality products in stock in these 'trying times'!

Charmin Ultra really is pretty darn good! :D PBUC

Edit: Yikes, didn't mean to interrupt "inseam chat" I'm 4'9" and no idea what my inseam is, just that I have to whack off at least 6" of any pants I buy. My short Mom taught me how to sew. ;) :p

Coffee_Break fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
They actually had sushi rice today :woop:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

They actually had sushi rice today :woop:

Where!?!?!?!?

My local only has 50 lb bags

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I'm making a run later today. God drat do I love those croissants in the bakery.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Where!?!?!?!?

I mean, you are shopping at costco, 50 lbs of something is normal.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Where!?!?!?!?

So? Toss it in the cart and be thankful it isn't a three pack.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean rice lasts forever too sooooo...

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Coffee_Break posted:

Didn't unload my own cart to the belt as a cashier assistant did it,

Yeah, this is the new deal. Last time I was there, the assistant guy was not wearing a mask, and he got very handsy with my food.

I did not appreciated that. As if the belt isn't filthy enough.

fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now
How has the online ordering experience been? Every item online says 14 day delivery... that can’t be right? That is an enormous backlog.

Ordered 12 quarts of non dairy beverage to test.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, this is the new deal. Last time I was there, the assistant guy was not wearing a mask, and he got very handsy with my food.

I did not appreciated that. As if the belt isn't filthy enough.

What, like he copped a feel on your melons? And I've never even considered the filth level of the belt to be a problem because I can't think of any food that would directly touch it. And if it wasn't prepackaged, like some produce, wouldn't you wash it before you ate it anyway?

I'm not trying to call you out, just wondering what you would have them do instead.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fivehead posted:

How has the online ordering experience been? Every item online says 14 day delivery... that can’t be right? That is an enormous backlog.

Ordered 12 quarts of non dairy beverage to test.

Every delivery company everywhere is hosed. The entire logistics industry has slowed to a crawl.
When Amazon has to have a 7 day shipping estimate on non-essential items you know things have gotten bad.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Every delivery company everywhere is hosed. The entire logistics industry has slowed to a crawl.
When Amazon has to have a 7 day shipping estimate on non-essential items you know things have gotten bad.

Yeah, it's a mess everywhere. Costco might start doing better before long since they just bought a delivery company, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took 6+ months to integrate them, especially now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ultimate Mango posted:

Sir, this is an Arby's Costco Thread...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FCKGW posted:

Yeah holy poo poo it's all over the map. One order I made took a week to ship and showed in three days, another company shipped immediately, and another site just said no, we are shut down, of you order we might ship in May.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Even inside amazon it's hugely variable. I ordered a bunch of switches and cables to cobble together an almost-dock for my work laptop so I could use my normal keyboard, mouse, and monitor without constantly unplugging poo poo from my PC. A few things arrived next day, a bunch arrived in like 3 days, and one cable took a week and a half.

All of the delivery times were supposed to be ~3 days due to covid and delays and poo poo.

edit: about half of it was actual amazon orders and half was fulfilled by some random company using their platform. The one that took forever was a bog standard amazon basics hdmi cable.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

I went to church in Everett, MA this morning. It wasn’t too crowded when I was there. Everyone was wearing masks (employees and customers), there was a notable absence of kids, and there was all of the expected plexiglass, tape on the floor, and wiping down of cart handles.

Almost everything on the list was in stock, or an easy substitution. I only walked out without liquid hand soap refills, sanitizing wipes (as expected), and canned black beans.

There were plenty of paper goods: toilet paper (unfortunately only Charmin, not Kirkland), paper towels, diapers, and wipes. Plentiful meat in stock (wife’s a vegetarian and does all of the cooking so irrelevant for us). The only that seemed a bit off was the canned goods, there were plenty, but the selection was off.

We usually go once a month. Our last trip was in February plus a small InstaCart order in March, and the bill reflected that. The grand total was $483 ($415 without booze). I had to buy most of our regular staples, that we usually get every other or every third trip. I doubled up on coffee, floss, and snacks for the kids. The only unusual purchase was the 25 lb bag of flour since my wife has been on a baking spree.

I got a pie on the way out to take home to the family for lunch. The guy running the register said they had the go ahead to start serving slices on Monday.

PBUC

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Tried to go to the 'co today around 12:30 PM and yeah, not a good time to go. Line was out the door and down the side all the way to the pumps and no exceptions for the return desk with respect to the aforementioned motor oil.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Minto Took posted:

Tried to go to the 'co today around 12:30 PM and yeah, not a good time to go. Line was out the door and down the side all the way to the pumps and no exceptions for the return desk with respect to the aforementioned motor oil.

You tried to return motor oil?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Schadenboner posted:

You tried to return motor oil?

Yeah, still in the box since I got rid of the car I bought it for. I wasn't trying to return used motor oil. :v:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you should

bring some TP while you're at it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Minto Took posted:

Yeah, still in the box since I got rid of the car I bought it for. I wasn't trying to return used motor oil. :v:

poo poo, with oil this low at this point you might be able to empty out the bottles and return them for a recycling deposit and make money on the deal?

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Moey posted:

Snagged these things with some naan over the weekend. Hoping they are good.

From a bit back but we picked up some as well, my wife added more spices to it since she felt it was a little bland, just garam masala and cumin. Pretty good though overall just not to her specific seasoning.

Although since we have nothing else to do I plan on making some horrible pasta monster mash bake with this and some noodles, since its just a spiced tomato sauce at heart.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
Got the eight dollar package of flan.
Flan: not good
Glass containers flan came in: very good
Overall value is somewhere between Costco standards and 'pretty good'

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

MarsellusWallace posted:

Same thing with the little molten chocolate cakes in the ceramic containers. Other than the meh cake, I wish they would stack better but otherwise they're solid ceramic ramekins.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Lobsterboy posted:

From a bit back but we picked up some as well, my wife added more spices to it since she felt it was a little bland, just garam masala and cumin. Pretty good though overall just not to her specific seasoning.

Although since we have nothing else to do I plan on making some horrible pasta monster mash bake with this and some noodles, since its just a spiced tomato sauce at heart.

Ask her what specifically she added, I’ve got a couple of those I’ve been meaning to use.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

pnumoman posted:

Same thing with the little molten chocolate cakes in the ceramic containers. Other than the meh cake, I wish they would stack better but otherwise they're solid ceramic ramekins.

Bought the molten cakes today, will post a trip report tonight after dinner.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

they are ok, try not to burn yourself

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I bought em at 6 for a four pack, then they jacked the price up to 9 dollars. I am no longer buying small ceramic cakes.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BONGHITZ posted:

I bought em at 6 for a four pack, then they jacked the price up to 9 dollars. I am no longer buying small ceramic cakes.

Yeah, it's so borderline even with the ceramic containers that even 3 bucks more would definitely tip it into the "do not buy" territory for me as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chocolate cake ceramic cup trip report: drat GOOD.

Y’all crazy, mine were delicious. Worth the price? Ehhh, probably not. But very tasty, would get again.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Wife showed her hospital ID and we got to stroll right in past the 150 people lined up outside in the rain :blastu:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

My church says you don't have to show ID, first responders go to the front of the line. Would you Steal Valor?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

My church says you don't have to show ID, first responders go to the front of the line. Would you Steal Valor?

Would people return a dead Christmas tree in January? Look to your heart...

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

MarsellusWallace posted:

We got an 8 pack of tiramisu and it was the same deal. Tiramisu gave us the shits, but the little glasses it came in are awesome.

supercow
Aug 11, 2009

large hands posted:

We got an 8 pack of tiramisu and it was the same deal. Tiramisu gave us the shits, but the little glasses it came in are awesome.

We’ve gotten the tiramisu and the molten chocolate. Hard pass on future tiramisu but the molten chocolates were pretty good esp with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Would buy again if on sale.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Woo woo woo it’s me the Salvation SWAT team open your gates

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I got the limochello ones. the glass ramekins ended up being nice to keep but yeah they are fairly mediocre, esp for the price.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

poo poo, with oil this low at this point you might be able to empty out the bottles and return them for a recycling deposit and make money on the deal?

Costco.com was selling 10 quarts of full synthetic motor oil for $26.xx delivered to your door. Great deal imo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

25lb bag of bread flour for $5 and some change :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That's a great deal on oil and I should have gotten flour when I was there. It seemed like too much but today I made pancakes and pasta so if I continue this streak it will be worth it.