Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
BY the way my girlfriend is literally sat across the table from me and my laptop and can tell when I'm ignoring her or reading this forum from the hue of blue on my face. warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

TTerrible posted:

I am. This thread got linked somewhere else and I've had it open in a tab for days now.

Does this thread devolve into arguments about supermarket meal deals and the north/south divide as often as every other UK SA thread?

no its cool

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

TTerrible posted:

I am. This thread got linked somewhere else and I've had it open in a tab for days now.

Does this thread devolve into arguments about supermarket meal deals and the north/south divide as often as every other UK SA thread?

Nah you're mostly safe.

I don't even know what this thread talks about really.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TTerrible posted:

devolve into arguments about supermarket meal deals

there is no higher art

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it doesn't really "do" arguements tbh

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Tesco. Bacon and Egg triple, Orangina, Melton Mowbray double pack.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Honey mustard chicken pasta, innocent smoothie, and beef jerky

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

: breakfast triple is a good solid choice, i've nothing to fault here; lot of calories, one of the few triple packs that remain since the culling of the early 2010s. unpleasantly moist at times, but the thinking luncher can often pick out a newer package

: orangina's a daring choice from the newcomer, keith. carrying on with the breakfast theme, but replacing actual orange juice with watery piss strained through a sock? it's a controversial tactic and one that's bitten contenders before.

: and the pork pies are giving me pause, darrell, pause. there's no let-up from the meaty sandwich; they're a powerful choice in isolation but perhaps this is an instance of the whole being less than the sum of its parts? the triple cries out for the sharp bite of salt and vinegar crisps as contrast; the sweet and slightly chalky pork pie is doing no-one any favours here

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

: breakfast triple is a good solid choice, i've nothing to fault here; lot of calories, one of the few triple packs that remain since the culling of the early 2010s. unpleasantly moist at times, but the thinking luncher can often pick out a newer package

: orangina's a daring choice from the newcomer, keith. carrying on with the breakfast theme, but replacing actual orange juice with watery piss strained through a sock? it's a controversial tactic and one that's bitten contenders before.

: and the pork pies are giving me pause, darrell, pause. there's no let-up from the meaty sandwich; they're a powerful choice in isolation but perhaps this is an instance of the whole being less than the sum of its parts? the triple cries out for the sharp bite of salt and vinegar crisps as contrast; the sweet and slightly chalky pork pie is doing no-one any favours here

ahahahhaha

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

This stinks of someone who has forgotten the important lesson of the 90s Orangina ads. You must gently shake it to wake it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

To be fair Orangina is pretty awful.
Was it them that had that furry advert too???

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah with the explosively orgasmic octopus and the bear/deer pairing

e: i favour the chicken, bacon and stuffing sammich; mccoys salt and vinegar; and a bottle of coke zero. if i wanted something that was recognizably food i would not be meal dealing

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Orangina featured heavily in my French textbooks in secondary school and my French teacher had posters of it up everywhere in his classroom. Either it really was a massive part of French life or people were taking backhanders imo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Peparami counts as a snack. Expand your mind.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
Go the chippy for lunch, meal deals are overpriced.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Remember when Jamie Oliver cried about those mas bringing their kids chippies for lunch at school so they didn't have to eat his school dinners :laugh:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I miss the chippy 😭😭😭😭😭

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I liked this so much I had to share it and it's a word that's bound to come in useful at some point:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OEWordhord/status/1253307797569142785

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Здравствуй, дорогой

I thought zdrastye was hello in Russian but apparently it's privyet?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

I liked this so much I had to share it and it's a word that's bound to come in useful at some point:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OEWordhord/status/1253307797569142785

Is there a word for a friendly benevolent dragon?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

are meal deals still a thing in the age of doom?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

mrpwase posted:

Is there a word for a friendly benevolent dragon?

frēondlīċ-draca :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The only meal deals I tend to ever get are boots meal deals cuz you can get them at the airport and take them on the plane with you

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
when i lived in plymouth the local butchers used to do a 'meal deal' where they'd roast up some beef, pork and chicken every day and you could have a baguette of one of them with fried onions if you wanted, a homemade brownie and a drink for like £3. It ruled and i miss it to this day.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

frēondlīċ-draca :)

Fed up with being English. Take me back to the Heptarchy so I can be Mercian and say stuff like this

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Whoops I forgot a big bill came out today so no sushi or treats for me this week. I'll tackle the store cupboard for once lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I bought a waffle maker for my lad so he can still have his waffles and honestly it’s the greatest thing ever.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I never did get over Sainsburys betraying me with their meal deal changes

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Looke posted:

I never did get over Sainsburys betraying me with their meal deal changes

rip ham and egg club you were too good for this world

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

when I lived in Bath Sainsburys was the only shop (that or Waitrose) so I got their meal deals a lot and I remember them being lush. I figure this is before the change though.
There's no Sainsburys (or Waitrose) by me now cos this is a poor people's area lol

I very rarely get the Tesco meal deal anything but when I do I'm always disappointed because they never put enough Mayo if any in their wraps and sandwiches anymore booooo

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I will never again get to experience the euphoria that their Christmas sub roll, a brownie and bottle of coke zero gave me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOhnrjdYOc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's nearly the weekend, and i can have time to cook again

or, i could continue to play Video Games and spend absolutely no time decompressing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aardvarks are surprisingly large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDxX8G8SAk

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I'm at least gonna buy some bread and stuff but I dunno what I want for dinner. I've got Tofu that needs using up so maybe I can grab stuff for salad. I'm bored of cooking now waaahhh

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My mum dropped a lasagne round, lockdown has her so bored she just keeps cooking things and who am I to stop her

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm having curried cabbage with peas and tofu. It's really really good.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i had a vegan cauliflower cheese last night

tonight i am having waffles

my days are centered around meals during lockdown

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Doing fake chick-fil-a tonight, fried chicken burger with pickles on and fries

Assuming i can find burger buns anyway

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ratjaculation posted:

i had a vegan cauliflower cheese last night

tonight i am having waffles

my days are centered around meals during lockdown

is there a good vegan cheese? my wife is off dairy as part of a food allergen elimination thing for babby and all the takeout places here use that Sheese stuff which is heinously rank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't know what i'm eating tonight but i know i will be salting some beef soon