Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did Pat’s audio cut out for a bit around the point of this week’s longboard discussion or did I get a weird mp3 from the feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Warbird posted:

Did Pat’s audio cut out for a bit around the point of this week’s longboard discussion or did I get a weird mp3 from the feed?

I think woolie just muted him for awhile

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Woolie did mention that the initial upload was weird and to try downloading this week’s episode again if you had issues.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's like 2k posts between the max and pat thread because they dared to like it. It's kinda embarrassing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tae posted:

There's like 2k posts between the max and pat thread because they dared to like it. It's kinda embarrassing.

Wow, really? Yikes.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
when the spoilers came out 10 days early they were jerking themselves off talking about how bad the review scores were going to be... gets good 90ish scores

well atleast my favorite streamers and youtubers will hate it... nope. welp time to harass them in their streams chat

Tae posted:

i beat the game like 7 days early cause i live in australia so i was hopping between various streamers playing the game. the amount of people who read the 4 chan leaks and were posting “wink haha chat here we go streamers going to hate this part” and getting pissed off when they didnt was hilarious

max, pat and jim sterling all loving the game gonna break some brains

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
oh never mind he talks about it on twitter

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1253363937686454273
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1253365886884483072

edit: bonus https://twitter.com/tbtnbo/status/1253275517052018688

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 23, 2020

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Now I've been seeing people calling for Plague to guest on CSB so he can publicly poo poo on FF7R against Pat. loving Lmao.

I admit I saw the spoilers when they were leaked and was put off enough to not buy FF7R but with Max and Pat actually liking it, I might give it a shot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't usually pre-order games but I pre-ordered FF7R pretty much specifically because there was just no way, Good or bad, that I could allow anything but my own eyes to influence my view of this goddamn thing.

And lo: it's amazing

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Has Jirard said anything about FF7R since it dropped? I know he mentioned in his last channel update video that he was working on completing it, but that's all I remember hearing from him on it.

Max, Pat, and Jirard are three of the biggest FF7 fanboys I know of in the YT/Twitch world, so I'm curious if all three are going to agree on it being great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Neo_Crimson posted:

Now I've been seeing people calling for Plague to guest on CSB so he can publicly poo poo on FF7R against Pat. loving Lmao.

I admit I saw the spoilers when they were leaked and was put off enough to not buy FF7R but with Max and Pat actually liking it, I might give it a shot.
it is a bit longwinded in parts, notably the sewer segments and hojo's lab, christ what were they thinking, but the ending? the ending's great!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hot take: Maybe the spoilers in remake make FF7R, uh, a better game.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Neo_Crimson posted:

the guy who hates bloodbourne. he was in pats chat making GBS threads on the remakes combat being too hype and not like the original

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The one negative argument I kind of believe is people who feel that the new story kinda hinges on people being familiar with the old game already, so it's less friendly to people going in completely blind, which is fair I think. But being a completely faithful remake would have been way less interesting (and probably less profitable).
Like, did ANYONE give a poo poo about the FF8 remake / reskin or whatever a while back?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Indecisive posted:

The one negative argument I kind of believe is people who feel that the new story kinda hinges on people being familiar with the old game already, so it's less friendly to people going in completely blind, which is fair I think. But being a completely faithful remake would have been way less interesting (and probably less profitable).
Like, did ANYONE give a poo poo about the FF8 remake / reskin or whatever a while back?

That was just a remaster with some improved character models. it was also FF8, so even if it did get the 7R treatment it would be far less of an anticipated release.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wasn't much of a fan of the final boss specifically the giant retcon god monster part of it, but I don't think it was bad enough to retroactively ruin the rest of the game and I'm still looking forward to the next parts and seeing where they go from here.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Plague is the prototypical Old Nerd: hates change, everything from "back in the day" is better, everything they thought were bad "back in the day" is not passible of analysis.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been watching a couple people who at least claim to have only a vague knowledge of the original play the remake, like Grant from Team Four Star and Christopher Odd and so far they seem to be enjoying themselves so it'll be interesting to see what somebody more or less fresh makes of it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's thread jumped to 400 to nearly 600 in the time I took a nap

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tae posted:

Pat's thread jumped to 400 to nearly 600 in the time I took a nap

“we cant discount the fact that he was sponsored”

yeah pats never poo poo on something he got for free or even sponsors were he was paid :geno:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If 2bfp redditors and plague hate it its game of the year material

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Reclines Obesily posted:

the guy who hates bloodbourne. he was in pats chat making GBS threads on the remakes combat being too hype and not like the original

Plague hates every soulsborne game post DS1 and even DS1 is "on notice" because he liked the slow plodding pace of combat and exploration in Demon's Souls, but the FromSoft of our timeline realized fast, aggressive combat was more fun.

Dias posted:

Plague is the prototypical Old Nerd: hates change, everything from "back in the day" is better, everything they thought were bad "back in the day" is not passible of analysis.

He's a joyless nitpicker at the best of times, and I'm sure he'd be proud of that title. People were talking about the Demon's Souls stream the SBFs did a while ago in the the thread, and really the majority of it was fine. The first episode had a few too many people riding shotgun to Woolie, but they cut down the numbers after that. Plague was the only one I remember making lots of obnoxious, unfunny attempts at jokes in the first play session.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I liked Plague's videos on Gohan and Naruto, but that's about it. Not really a guy I'm interested in keeping up with.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, his video essays are neat.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I feel the same about GermanSpy. He’s a nice dude and clearly enjoys stuff, but he glorifies the past and comes across as a smug encyclopedia at times. At least, he did when I still watched his stuff.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dawgstar posted:

I've been watching a couple people who at least claim to have only a vague knowledge of the original play the remake, like Grant from Team Four Star and Christopher Odd and so far they seem to be enjoying themselves so it'll be interesting to see what somebody more or less fresh makes of it.

As someone who has only interacted with the original FF7 sideways through equal parts pop culture osmosis and half-forgotten memories of playing Crisis Core on my cousin's PSP once like 10 years ago I honestly had a blast with the remake and it only really starts getting to the point of "you should really have at least passing knowledge of FF7" hard near the very, very end.

Also Hojo's lab was fine, imo. The train graveyard was probably the worst segment in terms of being exactly one bossfight too long.

e:

Indecisive posted:

The FF8 remaster actually did get quite a bit of pop (for a remaster) given that FF8 is one of the more classic examples of Square Enix straight up just losing the entirety of the source code for the game. iirc it was only when someone found a review copy demo disk that had the full game on it VERY recently in their belongings that allowed people to recover the original code.

But also, as pointed out, this was a remaster and a remaster is way different from a remake with all-new modern day graphics and gameplay.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 24, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People complain pat is bad/blind at games but man, I'm skimming through max's ff7r run and boy howdy the Hell House fight is loving DIRE

"Gotta assess gotta assess gotta assess" *forgets to assess repeatedly, finally does, immediately closes the window without reading it, doesn't even attempt to reassess or use the chat's suggestion to use the touchpad to check the assessment info*

And then the mods started banning people for "backseating" when they were just saying he can see the assess info by touching the touchpad without having to recast, this is a total clusterfuck lmao

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 24, 2020

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Monathin posted:

iirc it was only when someone found a review copy demo disk that had the full game on it VERY recently in their belongings that allowed people to recover the original code.
The FFVIII remaster is still clearly based on the inferior PC port instead of the original PlayStation code (they even left some of the lovely PC MIDI music in the launch version), so I'm not so sure about that. That sort of thing has happened on occasion, though, most recently when Volition found the Saints Row 2 source code which allowed them to start working on a re-release of the PC version.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

People complain pat is bad/blind at games but man, I'm skimming through max's ff7r run and boy howdy the Hell House fight is loving DIRE

"Gotta assess gotta assess gotta assess" *forgets to assess repeatedly, finally does, immediately closes the window without reading it, doesn't even attempt to reassess or use the chat's suggestion to use the touchpad to check the assessment info*

And then the mods started banning people for "backseating" when they were just saying he can see the assess info by touching the touchpad without having to recast, this is a total clusterfuck lmao

twitch don't like it when you touch assess on stream

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why would anyone, especially his biggest fans, care what Pat thinks about anything

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why would anyone, especially his biggest fans, care what Pat thinks about anything

validation. pat was their last hope after the high metacritic score and people/streamers generally loved the game

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man anyone who complains about pat being blind doesn't watch NEARLY enough woolie

like pat's blindness is generally 'pans past something too fast, misses a pickup, gets yelled at, wheels back around'

i don't think i can ever forgive woolie for the start of the black mesa lp

EDIT: i started episode 2 right after posting this and it starts with woolie talking about not knowing the map and following lighting prompts as best he can while ignoring the bright white thing you have to plug into the wall that's attached to it by a cable with a spotlight glaring directly down on it

Patware fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 24, 2020

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Reclines Obesily posted:

validation. pat was their last hope after the high metacritic score and people/streamers generally loved the game

Man people who become emotionally invested in hating media are insufferable.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Indecisive posted:

I know several people who have only encountered FF7 in passing and got this cuz they heard good things and loved it. Dunno if they're weird edge cases but it seems like a game anyone can enjoy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is Black Mesa a solo affair

why would anyone watch Woolie play a game without someone to reach over and point him in a direction

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rody One Half posted:

Is Black Mesa a solo affair

why would anyone watch Woolie play a game without someone to reach over and point him in a direction

Reggie is with him, but Woolie is getting blinder and his disgusting peripheral setup is still destroying his aim further.

Also plague is the most intensely tiresome person in every situation, just go away.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Yardbomb posted:

Also plague is the most intensely tiresome person in every situation, just go away.
Plague crackles with burnt-out gifted kid energy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Reggie is with him, but Woolie is getting blinder and his disgusting peripheral setup is still destroying his aim further.

I generally am very forgiving of LP blindness, but the number of times Woolie has walked past item pickups multiple times while exploring a room is upsetting.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

pat fans: i love his guy, he's so contrarian

also pat fans: i cannot believe this guy holds opinions contrary to the one i tell him to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

a cartoon duck posted:

pat fans: i love his guy, he's so contrarian

also pat fans: i cannot believe this guy holds opinions contrary to the one i tell him to have

Pat did seem to draw the biggest 'whoo everything sucks' contingent of the SBF and they react badly to when things do not, in fact, blow.