Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

a puppy just died like 10 seconds into my gameplay and I'm still happy.

karl :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Anyone else with not get their key from gmg yet?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

lezard_valeth posted:

...a puppy just died like 10 seconds into my gameplay and I'm still happy.

Still my best friend. Karl :(

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So is the PC release good?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

So is the PC release good?

won't release on steam for another... 8 1/2 hours I think. pretty bummed

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
The PC demo at least seemed to run fine and didn't have any major bugs, or bugs at all.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
For those who got the game unlocked, how is the difficulty compared to the demo?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Enemies actually do damage. pretty prioritized amount.
Demo was essentially a tutorial. Literally as soon as you enter golden road enemies hit about 4-5 times harder than they did in the demo, while having more and bigger packs.

This is on Hard btw.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 24, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

gandlethorpe posted:

The next closest one with a speech issue would be snow valley girl Angela.

Seriously though, probably Riesz for buffs. Charlotte's dark path gives one of the best debuffs in the game. With those combined, dark Kevin will wreck face.

I'd make Charlotte a Bishop on the K/C path unless they made Turn Undead not work on all their late game bosses. Cause holy poo poo, 999 damage for 1 mp?

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Yeah, golden road up to the second boss still felt quite easy (on hard) but not sleepwalking easy like the demo. The golems hit like trucks, but their attacks were easy to avoid and I was nowhere close to running out of healing for the AI. I thought it was at least enough to be engaging.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what are you, cross-eyed? that's not what I wrote, is it? have you never played one of these budget titles' hard modes?

I know exactly what you mean.

To give an example: Digimon Cybersleuth had a normal mode that was pretty piss easy. But then when turning it to hard, instead of doing any proper tuning and testing, every enemy just got a flat 2x stat boost which makes even random encounters insanely difficult and overtuned due to the damage formula and their new stats. You would basically need to abuse every single trick while relying solely on the defense piercing skills to even have a chance against bosses.

I think the PC release later eventually had stats that were just 1.5x, but it was still a very budget way to tune hard mode.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Dackel posted:

pretty bummed

Seconded. Planned my day around playing it after work. Guess I wont be playing till tomorrow.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

The next closest one with a speech issue would be snow valley girl Angela.

Seriously though, probably Riesz for buffs. Charlotte's dark path gives one of the best debuffs in the game. With those combined, dark Kevin will wreck face.
I mean it's pretty tempting to pick Angela for team bad voice but I guess Riesz is a better fit.

Can you change difficulty mid-game? I want to play on hard but as said if it just results in later bosses just being walls of HP I don't want that.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Looks like the steam release got pushed back to tomorrow.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Defiance Industries posted:

I'd make Charlotte a Bishop on the K/C path unless they made Turn Undead not work on all their late game bosses. Cause holy poo poo, 999 damage for 1 mp?

Eh, we don't know how Turn Undead works in the remake. They might make it like Annihilate and make it a 200 base power spell (T2 Spells have 250 base power) with a chance to kill lower leveled enemies, with the caveat that these effects only work on undead.

(But keep the cheap MP cost.)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Golden Goat posted:

I mean it's pretty tempting to pick Angela for team bad voice but I guess Riesz is a better fit.

Can you change difficulty mid-game? I want to play on hard but as said if it just results in later bosses just being walls of HP I don't want that.

Dont worry Riesz being a prim and proper dork who turns into a robot a few times fits well with Elmer Charlotte and whatever the hell Kevin is supposed to be.
And dont think theres anyway to change difficulty.

Only real thing that bugs me so far is class changing taking oddly longer than it should and that it doesnt reset points.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Dont worry Riesz being a prim and proper dork who turns into a robot a few times fits well with Elmer Charlotte and whatever the hell Kevin is supposed to be.
And dont think theres anyway to change difficulty.

Only real thing that bugs me so far is class changing taking oddly longer than it should and that it doesnt reset points.

You reset points at the Black Market.

Later on you find Goddess Scales which just let you redo your entire tree if you want.

There is a difference in 4th tier classes since your 4th tier will retain the passive bonuses of whatever set of classes you took to get to it, so even though there are just Light/Dark they can have different passive abilities.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im aware you can reset at the market.
Problem is you wont be able to go there for a good while after changing due to story stuff. Not too bad but a bit of an annoyance.

Still having loads of fun with game.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
My original thought was going Angela/Hawkeye/Duran but I'm torn between that and Angela/Rieze/Duran. I don't remember enough about the game to know which has better synergy. I think Angela/Rieze just for Rieze's buffs?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Riesz works with everyone really. You can go with buffs or debuffs.
She seems to hit like a truck this time around.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I went with Reisz main character, hawkeye + angela as the other two.

All I can say is thank gently caress because every other character I've run across has been entirely insufferable. I just met Charlotte and I'm pretty sure if I had picked her as part of my party I would have quit playing as soon as she showed up.

I never played SD3, I'm having fun with Trials of Mana but to be super candid the entire time I've been playing I've felt like I would be better served by playing SD3. The art style of ToM sucks in comparison, the voice acting is all really bad, and the combat feels extremely floaty.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 24, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Remember that you can have Japanese voice acting with English subtitles. Reviewers said that Japanese voice acting was considerably better than the English one.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
Alright Mana friends, what classes should I choose for my party of Duran, Angela and Riesz?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

.Ataraxia. posted:

Alright Mana friends, what classes should I choose for my party of Duran, Angela and Riesz?

Duran (LL - Paladin), Angela (LD - Arch Mage), Riesz (LD - Starlancer)

team holy:
duran has holy saber, a good level 3 CS, and single target healing light
angela is more holy focused with her spellcasting
riesz has permanent party stat buffs (starlancer's passive in this game makes her buffs last until the end an encounter or until dispelled/overwritten) and of course starlancer's aoe silence summon

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I find Riesz to be really, really awful in Japanese. The actress voices her lines with this horribly exaggerated breathless earnestness that I can’t stand. Charlotte is pretty bad in Japanese too, but more tolerable than in English (and maybe better than Japanese Riesz).

What is the state of datamined information so far? I saw a complete list of abilities, but do we know what passives are available for each specific class?

Consumables seem really strong. I threw a handaxe at a random enemy on the golden road (lvl. 13 hawkeye, +10 str, +10 luck) and did 360 or so damage when my normal attacks hit for around 40.

Also, you seem to level up really fast in this, especially if you don’t avoid fights and explore thoroughly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Basing your decisions on how the original game works is probably not a great idea. This is a completely different game for all intents and purposes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gyoru posted:

riesz has permanent party stat buffs (starlancer's passive in this game makes her buffs last until the end an encounter or until dispelled/overwritten)

I'm sorry it does WHAT? :catstare:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Basing your decisions on how the original game works is probably not a great idea. This is a completely different game for all intents and purposes.

Yeah before I buy and I want to find a list of each character's tree's ability list so I can plan out my team. Not worried about story spoilers since I already played the original a million times.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Gyoru posted:

Duran (LL - Paladin), Angela (LD - Arch Mage), Riesz (LD - Starlancer)

team holy:
duran has holy saber, a good level 3 CS, and single target healing light
angela is more holy focused with her spellcasting
riesz has permanent party stat buffs (starlancer's passive in this game makes her buffs last until the end an encounter or until dispelled/overwritten) and of course starlancer's aoe silence summon

Sounds pretty solid, thanks friend!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Also, you seem to level up really fast in this, especially if you don’t avoid fights and explore thoroughly.

This makes sense, since you're supposed to do your second class change before fighting the Benevodons, which would have required absurd grinding in the original.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm sorry it does WHAT? :catstare:

starlancer owns even more bones
vanadis not so much

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I find Riesz to be really, really awful in Japanese. The actress voices her lines with this horribly exaggerated breathless earnestness that I can’t stand. Charlotte is pretty bad in Japanese too, but more tolerable than in English (and maybe better than Japanese Riesz).

What is the state of datamined information so far? I saw a complete list of abilities, but do we know what passives are available for each specific class?

Consumables seem really strong. I threw a handaxe at a random enemy on the golden road (lvl. 13 hawkeye, +10 str, +10 luck) and did 360 or so damage when my normal attacks hit for around 40.

Level scaling has been changed from the original. Here, you're expected to class change at the Wind Manastone and you'll hit Lv. 38 around the point where you fight through the Mana Sanctuary for the first time. The Benevodon dungeons have chests with ??? seeds so you're supposed to start class changing your characters around that point.

Anyways, I know Paladin Duran has a passive that makes him take less damage from both light and dark elemental attacks, Star Lancer Riesz and Fenrir Knight Riesz have passives that make their buffs/debuffs last throughout the entire battle.

And I'm talking actual passives, not equipable ones.

Ninja Hawkeye has one where his magic attacks do more damage when he's at 100% HP. He also gets the Ninja Chain and Weak Point as equipable abilities if you spec him into Intellect which can seriously beef up his jutsus (because jutsus are magic spell attacks rather than trap/projectile spell attacks, Riesz's magic buff will actually affect it): I was chain-casting Earth Diversion on Ludgar and with Riesz buff and Ludgar debuffed (via a cast of Fire Diversion beforehand), I was starting to do damage in the 600+ near the end which chipped off a noticeable chunk of his health. Can't wait to gently caress Dangaard over with the same method.

Also, holy poo poo, Enchantress Charlotte's summons are good in this remake. Especially with the Powerful Summons equipable ability you can get.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Dear god, starlancer is miles better

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
It's probably too soon to ask but is the Black Rabite still only accessible on Angela's/Duran's storyline? Would love it if I can fight it while starting as Kevin.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

SirBukkake posted:

It's probably too soon to ask but is the Black Rabite still only accessible on Angela's/Duran's storyline? Would love it if I can fight it while starting as Kevin.

They said in an interview that it is now available on all three routes

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dackel posted:

Dear god, starlancer is miles better

Another thing faithfully adapted from the original :cheeky:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Torrannor posted:

Another thing faithfully adapted from the original :cheeky:

That was honestly the one thing I had been hoping they'd rebalance a bit.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Sapozhnik posted:

They said in an interview that it is now available on all three routes

Sweeet! Time for my all-boyz crew of Kevin, Hawkeye, Duran

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://steamdb.info/app/924980/history/

Looks like it's about to push

e: Downloading! 16GB.