Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It’s a marshmallow but covered in granulated sugar and slightly spongier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

It’s a marshmallow but covered in granulated sugar and slightly spongier.
That's exactly how I would describe them. I've lost my taste for overwhelmingly sugary things, but if you have a sweet tooth and the idea of a bigger, sweeter, more savory marshmallow appeals to you, go get yourself some peeps. If you're easily amused or plan to get drunk or high with friends, buy a few colors of Peeps and grab some toothpicks so you can microwave them and have a Peeps Jousting tournament. It's like a normal single elimination bracket tournament and for exact procedures you can consult YouTube.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Stale peeps are better than fresh.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Also: If you don’t eat them eyes, ears,
head, body you’re a monster.

The eyes are weirdly satisfying to eat.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Gripweed posted:

Peeps are an absolute top tier candy. If peeps were sold year around, I go with peeps over a chocolate bar like 80% of the time

Just make your own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTc0gPyfpCg

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Peeps are an absolute top tier candy. If peeps were sold year around, I go with peeps over a chocolate bar like 80% of the time
It appears that you typed peeps when you meant to type candy corn.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Faustian Bargain posted:

It appears that you typed peeps when you meant to type candy corn.

I'm a big candy corn fan too. But peeps are superior

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Any cookie/biscuit/whatever with filling has WAY too much filling.

But chocolate-topped oatmeal cookies often have too little chocolate on top.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The southern states should've been dissolved after the Civil War. The borders should've been redrawn to completely obliterate any continuity between the rebel states and a new set of different post war states.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The southern states should've been dissolved after the Civil War. The borders should've been redrawn to completely obliterate any continuity between the rebel states and a new set of different post war states.

Oh hey Jastiger how's it going?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gripweed posted:

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion in most northern states.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

idk how it would destroy any continuity, oligarchs don't really care about borders

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah that’s a real dumbshit take for a number of reasons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the Pina Colada song is really catchy and I like it, even though it is bad in every way

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pick posted:

the Pina Colada song is really catchy and I like it, even though it is bad in every way

that song got me to try a pina colada

decades later I'm a forums mod

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

drat 0 for 2

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

that song got me to try a pina colada

decades later I'm a forums mod

so that's what getting caught in the rain means

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hawowanlawow posted:

idk how it would destroy any continuity, oligarchs don't really care about borders

Well all the planters should've had all their property seized and used to pay backpay to their freed slaves, but that's another issue. The political systems that seceded should've been completely destroyed. All the generals and such who resigned their commissions when their home states seceded should've had to see their states literally wiped off the map. And I think that southern revisionism would've been a less pernicious trend in American historical thought if nobody lived in the states that had seceded.

Plus it's plainly offensive that a political entity called South Carolina still exists.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That’s not what would’ve happened lmao

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah that’s a real dumbshit take for a number of reasons.

For one thing it would be a lot of work for people who were already pretty tired from all the dying. And then they would make the actual states martyrs somehow. And never forget that South Pennsylvania is actually Kentucky and be forevereally annoying about it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

For one thing it would be a lot of work for people who were already pretty tired from all the dying.

It wouldn't have been right away. The southern states would've ideally spent like a decade as unincorporated federally managed military zones before being readmitted as new states

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

It wouldn't have been right away. The southern states would've ideally spent like a decade as unincorporated federally managed military zones before being readmitted as new states

:350:

but like, the opposite of weed

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The entire south should have been turned into a national park. A "South Park" if you will.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lmao at the idea that if we redrew the South's borders there wouldn't be homegrown racism movements to "bring back Alabama" or whatever.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the "woman with speech impediment sings slow version of __________ in little girl voice" fad will go down as one of the cringiest in history

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

hawowanlawow posted:

the "woman with speech impediment sings slow version of __________ in little girl voice" fad will go down as one of the cringiest in history

I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm kind of glad I don't. >_>

"Dog" people are generally shittier people than "cat" people. I've never heard a "cat" person disparage dogs or dog owners, but I hear plenty of poo poo from "dog" people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

"Dog" people are generally shittier people than "cat" people. I've never heard a "cat" person disparage dogs or dog owners, but I hear plenty of poo poo from "dog" people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huup9hHS8s0

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

She doesn't have a speech impediment or sound like a little girl though?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Like, at all

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus Karen O proved her chops nearly twenty years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIIxlgcuQRU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I get if you're whining about the trend of "slow, lilting version of a driving song" that gets thrown into movie trailers all the time now. Like that is an overused cliche. In the last year alone I remember "Forever Young" in that horrible Will Smith movie where he fights his clone, if I recall correctly the Power Rangers trailer a few years ago did it too, and there's more examples...

but that wouldn't be an unpopular opinion. Most people are almost as sick of that as they are "Imagine Dragons."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Lorde cover of Everybody Wants to Rule The World was in a trailer for something and it was so bad. Like, yes, it’s a song with dark lyrics. When you make it all grim you’re getting rid of the way they contrast with the actual music of the song. Tears for Fears songs seem to get covered that way a lot and it annoys me, I have a weird unironic soft spot for their stuff.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tiggum posted:

She doesn't have a speech impediment or sound like a little girl though?

nah, she does

it's terrible, she's terrible

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The worst I've encountered was a downtempo piano version of 'Rhythm of the Night'

That's not ironic, it's just dumb

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

AlternateNu posted:

Because cat people stay inside updating their tumblr's or whatever platform they've moved onto these days. Cat owners are also afraid of conflict and wouldn't say anything anyways.

But seriously, if you say you don't like cats you're met with high fives but if you say you don't like dogs, off to the gallows.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That's because you'll find that dogs rule and cats do indeed drool

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Rick and Morty is a poo poo cartoon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I miss the small feeling of responsible satisfaction you got from defragmenting your hard drive

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I agree, people bitching about dog owners, it's weird how nobody bitches about dog owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

I miss the small feeling of responsible satisfaction you got from defragmenting your hard drive

And degaussing.

The belly button lints of computer use