Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Literally yes because that's how you keep communicable disease from spreading!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

God it's gonna be hilarious in a week or two when literally a 9/11 worth of Americans are dying every day and Stantis will still be making goofy haha comics like it's just a bad case of chicken pox.

Haha welp looks like the lockdown has been lifted just like Trump said it would be two weeks ago! I'm glad we can get back to life as usual

Newspaper headline directly below comic: ugandan_funeral_music.wav how did this get here i am not good at computer and everyone else at the newspaper is dead

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: When Collapse Comes, Everything Closes

Ted Rall posted:

In 1997, six years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, everything was closed. Could this be our possible future?

Tags: Café, Collapse, coronavirus, COVID-19, kazakhstan, Milk, Pravda, Soviet Union, USSR

First Dog on the Moon: Should we blame bats for the terrible coronavirus? We should not. Bats are our friends

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Should we blame bats for the terrible coronavirus? We should not. Bats are our friends

Funnel web spiders, enormous cats, bad sharks, and snakes are also our friends.

Climate change isn't, and we should :sever: and stop being its friend.

Also stop poaching bats and pangolins and whatever else, and if we could eradicate the TCM notion that poaching endangered animals will make your dick work again there would be a lot less zoonotic diseases killing hundreds of thousands.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Seriously, TCM is a huge problem for the whole world, not only for the huge numbers of endangered animals that lose their lives to poachers every year, but because of cases just like this, where zoonotic animals that are just minding their own business are suddenly forcibly introduced to human proximity where they normally wouldn't be, and it turns out something hiding inside them suddenly finds out it really likes being inside us, too.

The endorsement of TCM by the Chinese government is at the heart of the issue. As long as the CCP backs TCM as a nationalist cultural issue, propping it up and keeping it going, it'll continue to linger on, despite having literally 0 medicinal value whatsoever (the *one* TCM 'cure' that turned out to have any merit whatsoever was an ingredient for a treatment for malaria...but the kicker is, the TCM version mandates said ingredient is served hot...which destroys the active element that actually has the medicinal properties, so while it was an inspiration to it becoming, like, actual medicine, the TCM version thereof is still utterly worthless for anything. You couldn't make this poo poo up.), because Mao pushed it as a placebo when China didn't have access to, well, actual medicine, and now it's part of their 'heritage', despite the vast majority of 'treatments' being a few decades old, at most.

It's garbage. It doesn't work. At all. Nothing. Nada. It kills a shitload of generally endangered animals it wouldn't otherwise, every year. And it's contributing to the rise of future pandemics.

It's gotta go.

edit: In the covid-19 thread, many of us expressed worries that rather than ceasing the poaching and harvesting of wild animals for TCM and face-gaining meals in the face of zoonotic concerns (bats and pangolins in particular, at this time), humanity would just wipe out said wild animals, instead, because we're loving stupid. I continue to hope that won't happen, but there have been rumblings here and there of how we should go for option #2, instead, of course.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 24, 2020

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Somfin posted:

What do you think the camel's doing

i meant both the watcher and the watched

i'm not the camel, geez

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

"COVID-Carmen" is such a non-joke that it's, like, the first draft of an idea of a joke you'd sketch in a notebook before coming up with the actual joke

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Fister Roboto posted:

God it's gonna be hilarious in a week or two when literally a 9/11 worth of Americans are dying every day and Stantis will still be making goofy haha comics like it's just a bad case of chicken pox.

Thats gonna be hilarious for thousands to die a day?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Thumbs-up Demon is excellent avatar material.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's medicine backdown – The US president’s support for the drug hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment for coronavirus has cooled after trials showed no benefit"

Telegraph:

UK's contact tracing strategy questioned as scientists say army of 100,000 will be needed

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Coronavirus: medical experts denounce Trump's theory of 'disinfectant injection'

Mail:

These beauties aren't just for the bird-brained! With no planes, clear skies, and spring in the air, there is no better time to become a twitcher
With bonus self-portrait!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Who would have guessed Varvel had this much bile in him? Literal leeches destroying our economy otherwise known as workers protecting their live.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

loving incredible.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

hosed up that the WHO has a global agenda, really makes u think

I was gonna go on about how twitching/listing is a bad idea in social distancing times (it involves a lot of congregating at hot spots), but the headline is literally the opposite of the actual piece:

Paul Thomas posted:

Birdwatching — which is what you’ll be doing — is very different from twitching.
Twitchers are slightly wild-eyed and will race off at the drop of a lens cap, armed with telescopes and telephoto lenses, to see a rare bird that someone else saw first.

Birdwatchers just wait for birds to come to them — in their back garden, on a roof terrace or, for example, out on the Kent marshes, which is where I did my birding before lockdown.

I’ve been observing and drawing birds for 35 years, since I was 12. But in lockdown, my birding has been confined to the back garden and Wormwood Scrubs.

Anyway now I've got a grudging sense of kinship with Paul Thomas, and I want to remind people that birdwatching is good as hell wherever you are. Get yelled at by a chickadee. Watch a nuthatch go upside-down. Listen to a goldfinch being an anxious ball of nerves. White-throated sparrows are still hanging out for a few more weeks in most of the US, and pretty common even deep in the city if you know where to look (underneath bushes, mostly).

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

There is something particularly obscene about representing the economy as a dying person when actual human beings are dying to save the economy. Something something opposite_of_reality.jpg

VVVVVV Exactly! It's unspeakably vile

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 24, 2020

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jigsaw posted:

There is something particularly obscene about representing the economy as a dying person when actual human beings are dying to save the economy. Something something opposite_of_reality.jpg
They're the ones sacrificing people! The economy is not the human sacrifice! Humans are the human sacrifice!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Didn't take long for them to slap those Corbyn era insults on the new leader.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/aamonhawk/status/1253799076874932224

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I must apologize; I was born with a disfigurement where my head is made of the same material as the sun.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I'm interpreting the white splotches on his face to be bird poop.

This just after the very stable genius came up with burning people with UVs that penetrate the body and injecting detergents in their lungs to cure covid-19.

But yeah, he's the adult in the room, the lone voice of reason amid the quacks.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

BILL WILL MAKE BILLIONS ON HIS VIRUS VACCINE!
Bill Gates is not a virologist. He’s not a medical doctor. He doesn’t even have a college degree. Yet through his foundation, he owns and controls vaccine makers, as well as patents on viruses including the coronavirus. He owns pharmaceutical companies. He controls medical organizations and their stooges do his bidding.

Bill’s father headed Planned Parenthood and was friends with one-world government billionaires such as George Soros and David Rockefeller. They were all eugenicists in favor of population reduction. Bill clearly stated he could reduce world population through vaccines. Sterilization elements have been put into his vaccines and jabbed into the veins of hapless African victims. His polio vaccine was used in India—often without consent—and it caused polio and many deaths.

Bill Gates and Microsoft pushed a video featuring the spirit cooking satanist, Marina Abramovic the day before Easter. Bill Gates was friends with the satanic billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Gates hates Christianity. He believes in science, and he’s corrupted it with money.

Bill Gates was never elected, but we are forced to follow his dictates through the ‘guidelines’ of his henchmen, such as Dr. Anthony Fauci. These guidelines are not the law, but citizens are fined and arrested as if they were.

Bill Gates expects us to march lockstep, submit to mass media brainwashing, and demand whatever vaccine he will roll out. That vaccine will come with a digital marker, enabling scanners to make sure we’ve all had the mark of the beast. Otherwise, we won’t be allowed to travel. At the very least, such a vaccine will accustom us to what Gates really wants us to get—an implanted identity chip that will allow us to buy and sell in a cashless society. If that happens, it’s game over. Bill Gates and his pedophile satanists will win.

Bill Gates is a squeaky-voiced computer nerd who has amassed has over $100 billion. He once tried to screw the cofounder of Microsoft, Paul Allen, out of must of his shares through dilution. Allen found out in the nick of time. Bill never apologized. That’s how ruthless and traitorous he is.

Bill Gates thinks he owns us. He thinks he owns and controls the world. He thinks we’re stupid and won’t resist.

Bill Gates is murdering monster that must be resisted at all cost. Do not take his mark of the beast vaccine!

—Ben Garrison

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Someone should helpfully talk Garrison into installing Linux on his computer.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I was wondering what direction Garrison would go in during this but I forgot hes also an antivaxxer.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If Garrison is mad that a person who owns a company has no experience or education regarding the product or service that company provides, then I have some shocking news about capitalism for him.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why do people like garrison hate globalism but love insanely rich capitalists?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Uncle Wemus posted:

Because in (((globalism))) the wrong kind of people own too much of the means of production.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Future covid hotspots

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: ANZAC Day Edition

Knight:

Kudelka 1:

Kudelka 2:

Pope:

Rowe:

Spooner:

Zanetti:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The protesters are all assholes, AGC.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:: ANZAC Day Edition

Zanetti:

just something in my eye

Fister Roboto posted:

The protesters are all assholes, AGC.

...and hot spots for outbreak. AVGC.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Uncle Wemus posted:

Declaring yourself a member of the master race and blaming all of society's ills on the Jews fell kind of out of vogue after 1945, but dividing humanity into Übermenchen and The Insidious Other is as old as time itself.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Thing? No, same thing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gaybies Nomination: Best Edit

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Hey, hey, travelling is the opposite of what you're supposed to do right now.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

Hey, hey, travelling is the opposite of what you're supposed to do right now.

Prickly City knows nothing but running away from reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Britt's hyperbole is getting tiresome, but I suppose there's just nothing one can do about it considering the situation.