Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A lotta people awful mad about not being allowed to threaten the prez. Wonder how much overlap there is with people mad they aren't allowed to use slurs anymore.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Only most of them, there's always exceptions

Also the contrarians who will go out of their way to try and say them because now that it's forbidden, it is and always was the heart of comedy and being banned from saying them is the death of comedy

Cool, that's a great saga, tell us more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

sourdough posted:

Cool, that's a great saga, tell us more

love too relitigate old banning's

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
There used to be a PYF Bans and Probations thread, and despite basically having all of the positive qualities of an off-topic QCS discussion, it strangely got closed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A lotta people awful mad about not being allowed to threaten the prez. Wonder how much overlap there is with people mad they aren't allowed to use slurs anymore.

every bad element on the forum is actually just one amorphous mass of people who have every bad attribute possible, everyone else is perfectly normal

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I mean, the people who were mad you aren't allowed to say slurs anymore are also the ones who would concern troll super hard about violent threats and poo poo, so none.

Alaois posted:

every bad element on the forum is actually just one amorphous mass of people who have every bad attribute possible, everyone else is perfectly normal

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

What about feeding ducks matzah?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Grandmother of Five posted:

I hope that the next forums-wide announcement will be the result of a slightly less heated thing, like instead of a reminder about not making death threats or harassing anyone, it'll be like an informative bulletin from Pet Island, reminding everyone cross-site to not feed ducks bread.

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: y'all should go look at the House Bunny thread, there are some extremely good bunnies in there, OK peace out"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Announcement: crabs

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Pick posted:

Announcement: crabs

well, go to the doctor and get them treated

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Remember when abe had goons date each other? Now that we're 30, anyone wanna cop to marrying their GLITBL date?

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Remember when abe had goons date each other? Now that we're 30, anyone wanna cop to marrying their GLITBL date?

I'm straight, I don't date GLITBL people

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Goons are 35-40 now

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I met my GLITBL date again a year later at MEPS (military enlistment processing) she was, is, and I'd imagine, continues to be a cool person.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Anne Whateley posted:

Goons are 35-40 now
ffff don't remind me...only 33 here, still have my bright youthful eyes

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

how old was :corsair:? Like, mid-30s?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I didn't participate in GLITBL, but that thread convinced my partner to sign up for OKcupid and that's how we met, so...technicality?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm not yet 30 until June rolls around. Don't think I was around in time for GLITBL and probably wouldn't have even if I was, no one deserves to have to put up with my issues outside the forums.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Grandmother of Five posted:

I hope that the next forums-wide announcement will be the result of a slightly less heated thing, like instead of a reminder about not making death threats or harassing anyone, it'll be like an informative bulletin from Pet Island, reminding everyone cross-site to not feed ducks bread.

i tried to feed ducks corn and peas but they weren't interested :( what food will ducks eat that is good for them?

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
how am i 30 in december :sbahj:

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Zero? Like what are you even talking about, lol. Not every group you dislike are the same people

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Peanut Butler posted:

how old was :corsair:? Like, mid-30s?

24 iirc

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The way the announcement is worded makes me think that there were a bunch of goons going right up to the line and then trying to litigate it, and mods got sick of people arguing "I didn't say I was going to kill (politician), I just said someone should kill them and described in exacting detail how I would like it to go down. You can't ban me for that, it's not an actionable threat!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Turpitude II posted:

i tried to feed ducks corn and peas but they weren't interested :( what food will ducks eat that is good for them?

Butter and garlic.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I don't know how healthy they are for them, but my ducks loved lettuce and cherry tomatoes.

I imagine mealworms would be good for them as well. And of course you can always just buy a bag of duck feed for them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WrenP-Complete posted:

What about feeding ducks matzah?
You'll have to check if their corkscrew dick has been circumcised.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

CannonFodder posted:

You'll have to check if their corkscrew dick has been helicised.

Fixed

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Moon Slayer posted:

The way the announcement is worded makes me think that there were a bunch of goons going right up to the line and then trying to litigate it, and mods got sick of people arguing "I didn't say I was going to kill (politician), I just said someone should kill them and described in exacting detail how I would like it to go down. You can't ban me for that, it's not an actionable threat!"

I think the litigation part was in regards to Avs. I think she had 3 permabans for threatening the prez overturned based on people litigating the gently caress out of them(and her generally being a good poster when she isn't being insane).

Free Avshalom

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
No it's because someone literally was saying for a white house staffer to shoot trump in the head. Along with a few other posts very similar by other posters. And people were writing it off as ironic or just joking posts I'm not serious see wink wink. Avs just was a loving idiot that decided to spam fart fetish stuff in multiple threads including several mental health threads in various subs.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
here we go again!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This thread is a flat circle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Imagine four threats against the president on the edge of a cliff. Permabans work the same way.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The president can jeopardize your safety and you have to say "thank you sir may I have another".

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shifty Nipples posted:

The president can jeopardize your safety and you have to say "thank you sir may I have another".

No you dolt, you just can't say things that will bring the Secret Service down on Lowtax's head.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

UCS Hellmaker posted:

No it's because someone literally was saying for a white house staffer to shoot trump in the head. Along with a few other posts very similar by other posters. And people were writing it off as ironic or just joking posts I'm not serious see wink wink. Avs just was a loving idiot that decided to spam fart fetish stuff in multiple threads including several mental health threads in various subs.

Avs also tossed a death threat in there too which was fairrrrly obvious but people were attempting to litigate it down to being "vague and not really a threat".

There was a call out thread in GIP about what the gently caress was going on because one of the mental health threads she visted was in GIP and basically several posters were telling her she was an idiot and then she dropped that in there. I have no idea where that thread went though, its gone now.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 25, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think the FBI also visited Lowtax when that guy..... Lets say he "defended his puckins".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this isn't the thread for that crap and to whatever extent it is, it should be funny

like in the recent thread about what mods are for, the mod of GWS being like "I've only had to give out like six probations in the span of years" and then realizing that "mod" is the same amount of status anywhere, but some people get to have it because they chill out where people discuss laboriously waxing cheeses and others have to regulate discourse on the fate of palestine. lmao

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The car forum hasn't even had an active mod since January. :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

In a cspam thread the other day we were talking about forums superstars who would make a better POTUS than Trump.

Now I've been around these parts in one form or another for a while so the likes of
- Caro
- Walk across the USA with a trolley
- Many more that I can't be bothered thinking hard about before I have my coffee

One stood the gently caress out for both it's Saga soundingness and the fact that I'd never heard of it before (or if I had had buried it so far it essentially gone). That was of a goon who went through a game methodically to take screenshots of every single time panties were flashed in the game.

Who was that and :wtc:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Charles posted:

The car forum hasn't even had an active mod since January. :shrug:

So it's some sort of Elon-esque self driving poo poo? hosed up if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inceltown posted:

- Walk across the USA with a trolley

:lmao: Making grandiose plans while putting in a substantially less than halfassed effort before giving up and ultimately failing upwards into a familial job offer is extremely presidential :911: