Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1218683056107573250?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
In CrossCode when you get an S combo and the music kicks in and your companions go holy poo poo dude take a break lmao

buy CrossCode

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

level 3 force grip on a rooftop level

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

firing og doom rockets into tight groups of enemies
pushing someone to their death in hitman blood money

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

firing og doom rockets into tight groups of enemies
pushing someone to their death in hitman blood money

every gun in doom counts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

calling koi in yakuza's version of koi-koi
shutting down your opponent's 40-point motherfucker hand with a 1 point junk hand or poetry ribbons in koi-koi

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically koi-koi fuckin kicks rear end

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

calling koi in yakuza's version of koi-koi
shutting down your opponent's 40-point motherfucker hand with a 1 point junk hand or poetry ribbons in koi-koi

Ricci Mahjong: everything

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Ricci Mahjong: everything

every time i think about playing mahjong i remember the time my buddy won $100 playing a penny a point with a friend of a friend of his and get scared off

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

every time i think about playing mahjong i remember the time my buddy won $100 playing a penny a point with a friend of a friend of his and get scared off

Every time I think about Mahjong I think about Bob having a complete mental breakdown while trying to play it when streaming Yakuza 0

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
The boing sound when I press L in Glover.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

doing a Rise and Fall into Omnistrike then Limit Break on the last phase of a boss in FF7 Remake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Staggering an enemy with Focused Thrust or a Level 2 Focused Shot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to play any of the card/board games in Yakuza, especially Shogi, sends my brain deep into Frightingale Floor territory

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

trying to play any of the card/board games in Yakuza, especially Shogi, sends my brain deep into Frightingale Floor territory

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Any time you tiger drop in yakuza

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BBJoey posted:

Any time you tiger drop in yakuza

The timing is so tight but it's so satisfying to watch the enemy fly and have their health drain away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finishing off an enemy with a Mikiri Counter.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mikiri? I hardly knew 'er!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Finishing off an enemy with a Mikiri Counter.

You haven't updated the OP in nearly three years FYI

EDIT: Small math adjustment.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 3, 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

those are just some examples he could think of at the time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Walljumping in Hollow Knight
Nail jumping in Hollow Knight
Parrying in Hollow Knight
Healing three times with one focus press in Hollow Knight
Hitting the focus statue things in Hollow Knight
Fitting charms in Hollow Knight
Dropping map pins for areas you can't access yet in Hollow Knight
Hearing the Stag Station music in Hollow Knight

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright Bob, let's keep it to 3 stomps per post.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nobody mentioned Hollow Knight this entire thread and this website will be gone within the month. Forgive me for doing what I must.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I forgot how good the parry sound effects are

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Nobody mentioned Hollow Knight this entire thread and this website will be gone within the month. Forgive me for doing what I must.
Would you say it was "bugging" you... HEH !! :grin:

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Smashing just a fuckton of crates in any Ratchet and Clank game with the box breaker, and watching your fps tank for a few seconds as all of the bolts cyclone at you

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

We like to joke on here but a good, new one of those games definitely makes me want to get a PS5. Never played the most PS4 one but the old PS2 games are a very fond childhood memory

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Capturing the flag on ratchet & clank 3 online ftw

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Teleporting in Dishonored.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

goferchan posted:

We like to joke on here but a good, new one of those games definitely makes me want to get a PS5. Never played the most PS4 one but the old PS2 games are a very fond childhood memory

I copped a PS3 last year for 50 bucks because I never got to play that era of ratchet games. I tried streaming over psnow but the feeling was way off due to lag, and I tried to emulate the ps2 games since those are all stone cold classics, but they're also one of the few games that doesn't emulate well on pcsx2.

It's wild though, all of the ps2 games were ported over to the 3, so you can play pretty much the entire series on one console. My PS3 is just ratchet games and mgs4.

Long story short, you should definitely play the 2015 reboot on PS4 if you have one, it collects the best ideas from the series and isn't so long that it wears out its welcome. The only drawbacks are that the Bouncer was a preorder bonus that you can't unlock anymore, and there's no Colosseum planet (wtf). New Ratchet has me insanely hype and I'm always a little surprised I never really hear people talking about the series since almost all of the games are really great with only a few mediocre ones.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Deadlocked was doodoo and then I never had a ps3 so that’s when I stopped paying attention

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Deadlocked was doodoo and then I never had a ps3 so that’s when I stopped paying attention

the PS3 games were alright with Crack in Time being particularly good

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Crack in Time is really good but Tools of Destruction is bloated, and Quest for Booty is undercooked. I never played Full Frontal Assault or All 4 One, but I heard they were disappointing. Into the Nexus is really good though, kind of short but it's paced really well in a way that Quest for Booty just isn't, and may be better pound for pound than Crack in Time

Deadlocked whips rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TIL there were more than 2 or 3 rachet and clank games

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
There's like 13 if you include the mobile games from like 2006 and the psp game. Most of them are really good and even the bad ones are decent at worst

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All 4 One is the only Rachet and Clank game I've played because my mom went to a taping of some daytime talk show and they gave everyone in the audience that day a copy of Rachet and Clank: All 4 One for the PlayStation 3.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

In Training posted:

All 4 One is the only Rachet and Clank game I've played because my mom went to a taping of some daytime talk show and they gave everyone in the audience that day a copy of Rachet and Clank: All 4 One for the PlayStation 3.

Now that's what I call a Goomba stomp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

If my mom told me that I'd think it was some kind of cruel joke. Awesome.