Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

el dingo posted:

A 149 just went past our window and it was PACKED. Full seats on both floors. Its half 2, where are you people going lol

Greggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/eddo75/status/1251616555026321416

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Including clean up/ prep time that's a really fast turnover rate. Maybe she uses both hands at the same time?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jeza posted:

new Alien sequel looking good

great minds, op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:/ now i want to get a nice cut of xenomorph and grill it up

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I guess semen isn't good for the skin after all

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Dravs posted:

Including clean up/ prep time that's a really fast turnover rate. Maybe she uses both hands at the same time?
or one hour-long eightway

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
That's a decent pun but it's three lols and an emptyquote worth of humour, not six figures of likes.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fatkraken posted:

Greggs vegan sausage roll.

I prefer the vegan steak bake, but the vegan roll is certainly better than any 'meat' one.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Horace posted:

If you murder him and I end up on your jury, I'll do that jury nullification thing. Then we can go smash up a lawnmower shop.

Mr Tall posted:

Count me in. My neighbours are taking it in turns to drive their ride-on mowers around for loving hours. They don't have massive lawns either, there's no justification for these bloody machines.
I feel like we're putting together a very specifically-focused A-Team.

Fatkraken posted:

Greggs vegan sausage roll.
They're really nice. I can tell the difference, but they're a perfectly acceptable substitute for a regular sausage roll.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

el dingo posted:

What's up all you east london folks, I'm on kingsland road where all the vietnamese restaurants are, all claps and clangs round 8. Traffic is obviously down but theres still a fair bit. We probably couldn't sleep if we didn't hear our lullaby of sirens screaming past every 10 minutes.

I worked a bit late yesterday so I didn't have to do anything today and my partner whos wfh has taken the attitude of 'eh gently caress I probably wont get any more phone calls/emails, wine me' so looks like its boozing time. I raided the office fridge for sample beers earlier this week, nothing better than getting tipsy for free

Bow E3 for nearly 10 years. It felt so oddly quiet, but last few days traffic has been ramping up. Vicky Park was a lot busier when I was there on Tuesday

WFH for over a month now. Cracked open the cans on the balcony at 4, though, while the wee one played with bubble mix. Still pretty surreal, all of this

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Space Butler posted:

I prefer the vegan steak bake, but the vegan roll is certainly better than any 'meat' one.

TBH the bake at home linda McCrtneys are p similar if you have two of them, and 6 for a pound in Heron foods most of the time

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Amphigory posted:

Bow E3 for nearly 10 years. It felt so oddly quiet, but last few days traffic has been ramping up. Vicky Park was a lot busier when I was there on Tuesday

WFH for over a month now. Cracked open the cans on the balcony at 4, though, while the wee one played with bubble mix. Still pretty surreal, all of this

I've been delivering the good poo poo to the angel of bow lately if you need some belgian/German stuff and they're pouring draught into cartons and growlers fyi

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Cheers mate, that's a brilliant heads up. Will be near there tomorrow when I take the wee one to cemetery park for the government sanctioned exercise

Amphigory fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 24, 2020

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Excited "quote is not edit"

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

I like this one. It shows grit, defiance and how that doesnt really matter when you're not kitted out when faced with an unknowable monster bigger than you can comprehend that will probably kill you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is about right

https://twitter.com/chazhutton/status/1253693151409246210

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've always thought Jose was a great guy.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I don't know if Cambridge is just grumpy but I never hear any clapping. I only remember it was supposed to be a thing when my mum sends me a message or I check Facebook/Twitter the next day.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

wow

I guess it's a skill to be able to make a sossie roll that is objectively Giger-esque.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Mojo Jojo posted:

I don't know if Cambridge is just grumpy but I never hear any clapping. I only remember it was supposed to be a thing when my mum sends me a message or I check Facebook/Twitter the next day.

Anecdotally, it seems to be people with kids, and my area is mainly a mix of retired folks and students. I get why families would do it for the routine, and clapping for the NHS is the kind of magical thinking that's appealing to very small children.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

In lieu of Greggs I bought some Greggs frozen produce from Iceland

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Looke posted:

In lieu of Greggs I bought some Greggs frozen produce from Iceland

I wanted to get my Greggs on yesterday from the Iceland near my house after my first outdoor walk that isn't market shopping in like 1.5 months but Iceland closes at 7 p.m. now instead of 8. Good night sweet prince, maybe in another month :smith:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
B&Q is making you queue to go on their fricking website :argh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

well the clue is in the name

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
hope all you people going to Iceland are grabbing some Blackjack ice lollies

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

God I loving hate this poo poo.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Iceland made a rule for NHS workers saying "if you touch it, you bought it". It is their 'effort' to combat coronavirus...

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
it's great that I've been sent something royal mail signed for and unlike everybody else they won't deliver without a signature so I'm going to have to go to the delivery office to collect it.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

stinch posted:

it's great that I've been sent something royal mail signed for and unlike everybody else they won't deliver without a signature so I'm going to have to go to the delivery office to collect it.

My postie has been quite happily delivering stuff to me that requires me to be in - is yours not?

E: actually, now I think about it: I've been ebaying a lot of stuff that is too big for letterboxes and it's been getting to people at a really good pace with only a couple of places that are slower than normal.

I really should give a tip to my postie.

Shut up Meg fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 25, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yeah so long as it fits through the letterbox my postie will deliver it regardless it owns

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Iceland made a rule for NHS workers saying "if you touch it, you bought it". It is their 'effort' to combat coronavirus...

I think that was a Facebook hoax.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

monkeytennis posted:

I think that was a Facebook hoax.

It wasn't a hoax

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

It wasn't a hoax

Yeah, but it was on their website for like a day and they said 'sorry, it was a mistake'

They are doing the NHS-only hour in the stores and priority delivery slots to 'vulnerable' people, so I am inclined to give them the benefit.
https://www.iceland.co.uk/customer-support/help-articles#coronavirus

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Jose please rename thread to UK Sausage Roll Lockdown: 2020

The only Sausage Roll better than Greggs is the one at Tebay or Gloucester services. Fight me.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Iceland are a good supermarket because they sold those little vegan pea protein balls for wraps for 25p near me. I bought about 20 packs

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Neurophonic posted:

The only Sausage Roll better than Greggs is the one at Tebay or Gloucester services. Fight me.

This is absolutely correct, save for the fact that you WILL lose the skin from the roof of your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Tebay have been posting recipes for stuff on their Facebook page. They started with the giant chocolate dipped oat biscuit.