Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

I just learned that as an essential worker, with a badge and all, I don't have to stand in the long lines at grocery stores. Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

xcheopis posted:

I just learned that as an essential worker, with a badge and all, I don't have to stand in the long lines at grocery stores. Hooray!

I'm one too, with a badge. pls esplain

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

xcheopis

prepuce repurposed posted:

I'm one too, with a badge. pls esplain

Show your badge to the people at the door! So far, Costco, Berkeley Bowl, and Trader Joe's have all said, yep, just us your badge.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

xcheopis posted:

aaaaaaaa

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911

if you are a friend of the people please post hi-res closeup photos of your plague pass on wikipedia asap

xcheopis

Once inside is different, of course, but just avoiding the 45+ minutes of standing outside will spare me a shitload of nerve and arthritic pain. Seriously, I spend half my Saturdays recovering from shopping Friday evening.

owlhawk911

s-tier skips the lines completely, a-tier can schedule a shopping appointment whenever, b and c get assigned shopping times, d get their neighborhoods seeded with expired mre's by the national guard and make deals with local warlords to access them

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

Show your badge to the people at the door! So far, Costco, Berkeley Bowl, and Trader Joe's have all said, yep, just us your badge.

there are no lines where i live. and if there were i would feel bad for cutting in line. good to know nonetheless

Goons Are Gifts

Sometimes while browsing byob I want to grab my screen and hug it intensively. It may disconnect some cables, but at least there is a hope that my online friends can feel a virtual hug transporting through the netherworld

xcheopis

prepuce repurposed posted:

there are no lines where i live. and if there were i would feel bad for cutting in line. good to know nonetheless

Not me! I'm exhausted and in pain and plan to do everything possible to mitigate that.

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Well, my wife just got sick and has all the symptoms of covid 19. We just got tested today and were have to wait a couple of days to get the results. The thing is we're both in high risk groups for our various health problems and it's scaring the hell out of me. It's also bullshit because I'm the only one who had even left the house in weeks and I feel fine. gently caress.

gently caress man, that's nerve wracking, here's hoping good health comes quickly.

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Well, my wife just got sick and has all the symptoms of covid 19. We just got tested today and were have to wait a couple of days to get the results. The thing is we're both in high risk groups for our various health problems and it's scaring the hell out of me. It's also bullshit because I'm the only one who had even left the house in weeks and I feel fine. gently caress.

:glomp:

Goons Are Great posted:

Sometimes while browsing byob I want to grab my screen and hug it intensively. It may disconnect some cables, but at least there is a hope that my online friends can feel a virtual hug transporting through the netherworld

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i decided the kind of stress relief i need right now is applying for another phd program at the local university in cannabis sciences

dr weed

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Kief Richards posted:

i decided the kind of stress relief i need right now is applying for another phd program at the local university in cannabis sciences

dr weed

While we were all hiding inside and trying not to die, Kief Richards studied the weed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

you'll all be sorry when i am president of weed online and can unban weed from byob

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Kief Richards posted:

you'll all be sorry when i am president of weed online and can unban weed from byob

Please issue an executive order unbanning weed from byob, and declaring the possession, sale, use, and posting of and about weed to be an essential activity.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Another neighbor is symptomatic and had been self quarantined already for almost 21 days of no contact, only through grocery delivery.

biosterous

Kief Richards posted:

dr weed

i'm acquainted with u of t's preeminent weed doctor

https://www.pharmtox.utoronto.ca/faculty-ruth-ross-phd

she's nice

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Going back to work on the 7th apparently

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy

Kief Richards posted:

dr weed

Thank you for rising to the occasion to make the world a better place.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Someone pointed me to a place that had masks and now I have some. Also she gave me a mask.

Escape From Noise

Also I learned about a Japanese meme recently about the mayor of Tokyo and her thing about social distancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiEbp3JTV9o

It's getting like remixed and someone made a game out of it

Goons Are Gifts

It is the law now to carry a mask in public. I'm ok with this, but I hope no one gets hurt when deprived of my beautiful face :ohdear:

Areola Grande

draw a scary smile on ur mask. practice clicking ur heels whilst airborne

this pandemic can be fun if u decide to make it fun

xcheopis

My coworkers decided to buy me a "we are so glad you are here to help!" gift.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

that is awesome, enjoy, you deserve it!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

:kimchi: adorable cakes

xcheopis

I ate the red velvet and dreamfluff. Sugar high inbound!

FluffieDuckie

dreamfluff cake?? where has this thing been all my life?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

xcheopis

FluffieDuckie posted:

dreamfluff cake?? where has this thing been all my life?

Oakland!
https://www.jamesandthegiantcupcake.com/menus/#march-flavors-copy-1

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

So, I don't feel at all sick yet, but there's a sound in the bottom of my lungs? I don't like the sound.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Brb gonna make my own ventilator out of an old fireplace bellows

FluffieDuckie

hows your wife john glenn?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'd like to nominate this song for this thread's music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loOWKm8GW6A

So, I don't feel at all sick yet, but there's a sound in the bottom of my lungs? I don't like the sound.

I don't like the sound of that at all. If your lips or fingers turn blue, if you get out of breath after minimal exertion- get thee to a hospital asap; if what I had in January was covid-19 (I was in Barcelona, Spain January 1st-12th, I'm pretty sure I got it...) I would feel like poo poo, then feel like I was past it, then feel WORSE than I felt; it ended with a crunchy feeling in the top of my lungs, so if you think your lung capacity is reduced or you got fluid in your lungs, take action or call 911.

Be safe, GSJG!

Goons Are Gifts

Is it something you hear or feel or did you listen to it via stethoscope? The latter can hear crazy stuff if you're not used to hearing it regularly because the lungs do some fancy magic to keep themselves clean and it takes quite some experience even for doctors to distinguish between what's cool and what needs checking out.

Also yes, hope your wife is doing fine and everything is smooth sailing and no positive tests and stuff :glomp:

xcheopis

GSJG, can you call an advice nurse?

Please stay well!

Manifisto

if you have a pulse oximeter or can get your hands on one, that seems to be a pretty reliable way to tell if your breathing capacity is diminished. I was reading an op-ed by a physician saying that, unusually with this disease, a lot of people don't realize they have pneumonia because they don't notice that they're having difficulty breathing. if you have a low reading (one thing I saw said if you're consistently 94% or below), talk with a doctor but it may be time to head to a hospital.

stay safe, buddy

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Note that arterial oxygen saturation is a very individual value that can vary based on age, general health, how much sports you do and a lot more factors, such as how efficient your blood can carry oxygen around. A value of 100% is usually only typical for young adults and kids, both in good health, and you might feel entirely fine and well with values around 90%, too. So always consult a doctor if in doubt and never panic or be too concerned about a single number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

sending you and your wife positive and chill vibes, hope that you both are feeling well soon :glomp:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!