Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't think there's anyone left I have even heard of. Probably just going to YouTube the remaining Bills picks and say "nice, like his upside" and call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Safid_Deen/status/1254085664376852480?s=20

that’s my quarterback

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Backup QB SZN

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1254094278747357187?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I knew he was a target since they interviewed him like 3 times. I was hoping for a 5th though.

Take iOL or another WR/DE with this last 4th and I’m ok with it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

It's the fourth round so whatever, but trading up for Kindley seems bad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I knew he was a target since they interviewed him like 3 times. I was hoping for a 5th though.

Take iOL or another WR/DE with this last 4th and I’m ok with it.

Definitely a bit early. Jets twitter seems to hate it. I'm actually pretty cool with it? You probably need to reach a bit to get a developmental QB with any kind of upside.

Idk who this next guy is, but apparently he profiles as a G and draft twitter appears to like him so I'm cool with it

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1254098001443934213?s=20

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 25, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

I love the pick. He’s a huge mauler who loves fighting. This entire draft is an infusion of guys with bad attitudes and I love it.

BIG DOGS ONLY

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I love the pick. He’s a huge mauler who loves fighting. This entire draft is an infusion of guys with bad attitudes and I love it.

BIG DOGS ONLY

Yeah, I will admit the idea of a roster full of glass eaters is encouraging, it just seems that all the scouting reports on him finish with "and he's stiff as a board", and peg him much later. That said, there is a bit of a run on guards here, so maybe understandable.

It's clear that the Dolphins have basically identified their type of players and just aren't interested in any players that don't fit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Definitely a bit early. Jets twitter seems to hate it. I'm actually pretty cool with it? You probably need to reach a bit to get a developmental QB with any kind of upside.

Idk who this next guy is, but apparently he profiles as a G and draft twitter appears to like him so I'm cool
Brugler and all the other draft twitter guys love Clark and project him as moving inside so I’m all for that.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

I like him on the basis that they're committing to what I *think* they're doing w/ regards to the offense and blocking scheme and going much more power-oriented.

I think they're shifting toward north/south power from the line- inside zone(with all of the moving gap components being handled by split zone actions/H-Back insert stuff), with some power stuff thrown in for good measure where applicable. Pass protection wise I think they're going to shift to some tighter alignment and sliding protection schemes that let these kind of guys just anchor in relatively confined spaces, and build towards the fast release/RPO game that Tua does so well.

IMO they need to consider spending on someone who can be a bit more of a hammer in terms of an H-Back like Thaddeus Moss or someone like that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I like him on the basis that they're committing to what I *think* they're doing w/ regards to the offense and blocking scheme and going much more power-oriented.

I think they're shifting toward north/south power from the line- inside zone(with all of the moving gap components being handled by split zone actions/H-Back insert stuff), with some power stuff thrown in for good measure where applicable. Pass protection wise I think they're going to shift to some tighter alignment and sliding protection schemes that let these kind of guys just anchor in relatively confined spaces, and build towards the fast release/RPO game that Tua does so well.

IMO they need to consider spending on someone who can be a bit more of a hammer in terms of an H-Back like Thaddeus Moss or someone like that.

yeah that’s what big dog means

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ugh, I like this move.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1254114486224642054?s=21

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I guess?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I like Morgan a lot. I think he’s got the ability to start

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Brieda for a 5th is a fine deal. Not great, not bad. He will probably produce more than anyone we could have selected there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bryce Hall in the 5th is a steal.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Bryce Hall in the 5th is a steal.

I’m just so confused by him, he’s such a stud

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m just so confused by him, he’s such a stud
He’s a bit slow and obviously the injuries and corona played a part in not being able to do physicals but the talent was in that 2nd-3rd round range.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Dolphins and Jets are doing a great job. What a strange world we’re living in.

https://twitter.com/thedraftnetwork/status/1254124183996563456?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blatant theft from Ozu in the other thread, but this Patriots draft man:

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1254120952520077312?s=21

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Professor Funk posted:

The Dolphins and Jets are doing a great job. What a strange world we’re living in.

https://twitter.com/thedraftnetwork/status/1254124183996563456?s=21

I think the Jets have been better (and a bit luckier perhaps) than the Dolphins. Tua aside, this feels like a 6/10 draft. Maybe up to a 7/10 with two value edge guys

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jake Fromm is probably the most loser rear end QB name this side of David Fales and that's why he fell.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

JD has done great but it’s pretty easy to have BPA line up with need when you need pretty much everything.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

JD has done great but it’s pretty easy to have BPA line up with need when you need pretty much everything.

Yeah. He's made bank, but it helps when you draw aces.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Bills were like ok we have a QB with the arm power of Zeus, now let's get a QB with the arm strength of that middle aged guy who plays flag football at the park.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Never stopped Mac from loving it up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wouldn’t mind getting that badass punter Braden Mann with the 6th.

Thaddeus Moss maybe.

Called it. Yeah.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Called it. Yeah.

Some had a 4th or 5th round grade on him. Cant hate it. I wish they’d invested more at WR, but that’s my only complaint with this draft.

Also Douglas really loves team captains.

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1254143185405841409?s=21

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
But does he have an Iron Cross tattoo?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sneaky good upside. Fromm was terrible without him. I like it.

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1254198016015286278

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sneaky good upside. Fromm was terrible without him. I like it.

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1254198016015286278

Don’t know anything about him, but the Jets are getting loving BIG at WR:

Denzel Mims, 6'3, 40: 4.38s

Breshad Perriman, 6'2, 40: 4.26s

Vyncint Smith, 6'3, 40: 4.36s

Plus they signed Doctson, who is 6’3, and this dude, who is 6’5. Definitely not trying to say this will come close to working out, but Douglas clearly has a type

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Patriots took more white nationalists this draft than wide receivers.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

As a non-white New England native I am legit super bummed about the white nationalist kicker pick.

They really need to cut him. In the next couple days.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only prospects I know anything about are Miami Hurricanes and even though he ended up in Georgia I can tell you he is a draftable talent and that’s a good move by the Jets.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
So Jameis Winston, Patriots Starter, is still a possibility.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As long as they don’t sign Cam. I don’t want to hate Cam.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

As a non-white New England native I am legit super bummed about the white nationalist kicker pick.

They really need to cut him. In the next couple days.

It's already too late for me. gently caress the Patriots.

They either suck enough at scouting not to notice a giant forearm tattoo or they're okay with it

Either way: eat poo poo Bill, Nick

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 26, 2020

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Signing a Nazi isn't even in top 10 of evil poo poo they've done.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

3 percenters, 5 percenters, I'll take any percenter that can get josh above 60 percenter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
His excuse just makes it worse, too. "Gee, I was just a kid, I thought it was about pro-military, I didn't know it was bad!"

Yeah, you're a walking skinhead advertisement, I'm sure it's never come up before this.