Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Okay, so a lot of people are mad about Picard. That's fair. A lot of people aren't happy with how it was handled, or where it went, or the tone, or the characterization. You're allowed to feel that way. This is not a thread about that, though.

Prior to "Picard" and movies we should not acknowledge and in fact I'm going to confidently maintain, for the purposes of the thread, are not canon (Nemesis, Star Trek 2009, Into Darkness, Beyond Spockerdome), things were sort of left off at the end of DS9/Voyager after the Dominion War. This is also because Enterprise, a bad show, was a prequel, and bad. But this isn't the thread for that either. Or the thread about STO, which is not canon, as confidently asserted by me, here and now.

This is the thread for fixing it all. For your DREAMTREK.

Tell me what you wanted to see after DS9/Voyager. The events you wanted to see happen. Who you wanted to see doing it.

Did Sisko come back to be with his family?

Did Janeway go to space jail?

Did the Romulans become our friends and then the Romulan Star Empire became the Romulan Friend Empire?

But here's the important catch: you are not allowed to feel bad about what you say, and no one is allowed to make fun of the fact that you said something dorky.

THREAD RULE: GOOD FAITH & GOOD ATTITUDES

e: RULE 2: not too horny, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
For example, it is an essential part of my DREAMTREK that the Federation does not absorb any further established governments. Instead, those governments choose to liberalize and they work cooperatively with the Federation. The Federation and what it stands for can expand without consuming the Romulan Star Empire (i.e. the Romulan Friend Empire). Romulus is NOT destroyed.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

i would now like a mini-series now where sisko returns to his physical form ¬20 years later, and him having to deal with his son and partner ageing and whatever the hell has happened to the Federation in the intervening time period. like that episode where the lonley kid alien makes Riker think he has amnesia and he's forgotten 10 years, but also with the Defiant and some good ship battles for some reason.

I misread the thread idea, because it's late and I've had wines and beers, I will think more on this.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

More Hortas. More dolphins.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Olewithmilk posted:

i would now like a mini-series now where sisko returns to his physical form ¬20 years later, and him having to deal with his son and partner ageing and whatever the hell has happened to the Federation in the intervening time period. like that episode where the lonley kid alien makes Riker think he has amnesia and he's forgotten 10 years, but also with the Defiant and some good ship battles for some reason.

I misread the thread idea, because it's late and I've had wines and beers, I will think more on this.

No, this is basically correct. This is a Dreamtrek.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

There is a Drow (Dark Elf {Dark Vulcan}) race. They are explicitly not Romulans and constantly mock them for being try-hard edge-lords

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

oh but seriously I posted:

There is a Drow (Dark Elf {Dark Vulcan}) race. They are explicitly not Romulans and constantly mock them for being try-hard edge-lords

you can't have me say nemesis doesn't count as canon and then use your dream to make nemesis canon :saddowns:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if paramount called me tomorrow to let me do any trek project i wanted, no questions asked, i would do an assignment earth spinoff that was barely recognizable as trek but was fuckin awesome

if they said, squizzle, no, plz make it an actual star trek, we beg of you, then i would go for a ship specializing in “secons contact”. like after first contact has been made, these guys come in and spend the long weeks needed to really get a civilization up to speed on what being a participant in galactic culture means. technology, political situations, etc. prob short arcs for each planet, the occasional one-off ep. absolute requirement, non-negotiable: deltan officer as a main character

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

an anthology series where the binding thread is laas travelling the cosmos as a space whale slowly learning how to find balance between being a distrustful fluid yet, paradoxically, needing solid forms to find new experiences and learn about himself.

also he has emmy cancer.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Olewithmilk posted:

no the ideal sisko return is that after jake stares forlornly at a tiny doll chair, he and kassidy take a walk around the promenade to clear their heads for a few hours. they decide to go back to her quarters for a quiet family dinner to remember ben, and when they get there, ben is already there and has spent the entire afternoon while they were walking around preparing a giant spread of cajun food

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pick posted:

you can't have me say nemesis doesn't count as canon and then use your dream to make nemesis canon :saddowns:

I appreciate the Remans being Nosferatus but nothing about them is salvageable. I appreciate you were on the smack back then Tom Hardy but there is no scenario where your dad helps you get your rocks off which is acceptable. Not even to mention the consent issues. Not on.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wanted to skip forward a hundred and fifty years, my vision for the federation would be one that has started making compromises on its ideals in the name of political expedience and is now has a great deal more inequality and general dickishness. My vision for the show itself was a captain from the TNG era, not picard but generally a believer in his method of solving things, would be unfrozen and by some obscure loophole would have a position as second in command on a federation ship. The captain would be a gruff "this is the way we do things now" military type who had been brought up in this harsher system and would dismiss the second in command for having idealism that couldn't actually work in practice but every episode would be about the second in command making inroads with the communities they were supposed to be oppressing and with the generally demoralized crew of the ship they were serving on who felt unappreciated and like the system existed to perpetuate the power structure not to protect the vulnerable.

Eventually after many episodes the second in command would win over the captain with their methods and their ideals but the captain would be hesitant to listen to his heart and stand up for what he knew was right. Eventually sometime in season three the second in command would risk everything with no expectation that anyone would return the favor and it would be the big character break for the captain where he would find himself torn by guilt and he would start standing up for a cause he himself had attempted to stamp out, his ship becoming a lone beacon of the old ways of the federation in a sea of selfishness and moral compromise.

Together the crew would fight against the entrenched elite and slowly start winning hearts and minds again throughout the federation metaphorically representing the thin edge of a wedge in federation society. Eventually the federation would come around and see that trying to build up good relationships even when it isn't politically easy and standing up for what's right even when it isn't popular builds stronger bonds and that many races and societies that never would have risked themselves to help support the rear end in a top hat-federation, societies that they had thought would be enemies forever, were actually willing to help form a support network and fight alongside their old enemies once they believed that they wouldn't be abandoned by their allies at the earliest convenience. Everybody has a big dinner together and even though everyone is going to have to work hard to get past all the dickishness and misunderstanding from the past everyone is looking toward the exciting possibilities of a brand new future in renewed cooperation, it's still a wide open galaxy out there and suddenly the possibilities seem endless again when they hadn't for a very long time.

The reason I'd like to see this kind of a show is that I think it would allow for some very interesting moral dilemmas and I've always thought that the ideals of TNG were usually pretty well founded in what could help build a stronger more diverse society, but because everyone tended to agree on the big picture they never really had to successfully put their beliefs to the test in a system that was outright hostile to the idea of trust and cooperation.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I want federation ships covered in berber carpet. That is my top number one requirement. The fault of all post Voyager trek is that the ships are done up like nightclubs or dot-com boom 1.0 offices. gently caress that. You can't fulfill a mission of science and exploration on galvanized steel plates. You need a tough wearing, stain resistant, grippy, cushioning, bayron-sweeb absorbing berber carpet to make good things happen in space.

Any dull shade will do.

Pick one, lay it out on a ship with maybe some side running accents in beige and make with the ensemble exploration show were by the last season we have finally learned enough as a species and grown enough as a society to where we can finally hunt down and kill Kevin Uxbridge for war crimes against the Husnock.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

at this point i just dream of a trek where the main vessel is only a straight-up science ship on a mission of pure study of weird phenomena/bizarre new species with next to no military capacity whatsoever so the crew is forced to peacefully explore and then meet the challenges they encounter with understanding, problem solving, self-reflection and good conscience

i'm okay with romulans being knocked down because of a supernova, that'll mean they're not threatening enough to prompt any kind of cold war... in fact let's also say worf becomes the chancellor of the klingon empire or w/e and so the klingons are in a golden age where all their primal energy is constructively directed at building a glorious empire from within and, thanks to being allies in the dominion war and picard becoming federation president, they've got very cordial relations with the UF

basically romulans are too hosed-up to matter, klingons have essentially become gym bros who work out too much and are too self-absorbed to go around picking on nerds, and the federation has solid leadership with a focus on diplomacy- there is nothing major going on just waiting to turn this setting into a military sci fi

we are left with stories about the absolute cosmic strangeness of space and time, confrontations with species whose fantastic ways of life inspire and/or terrify us, looking at the implications of new technologies that really start pushing the kardashev scale forward, etc and all the while asking the viewer if humans can really deal with any these Big Issues given what a mess we are but nonetheless cautiously whispering back yes we can, if we rise to meet our potential

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ps: cardassians can be around and even be our occassional antagonists but they're the kind of dudes who scheme and plot instead of going pew-pew

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I wish Star Trek would go back to exploring ancient civilizations that fell victim to the worst parts of our nature, like The Forbidden Planet. More bizarre aliens, like The Crystalline Entity or the Vampire Pancakes. More stories where we see people grow over time, like a dopey henchman finding his gift as an engineer. Maybe they could do an Idiocracy-style planet, where the final piece of communication is just one sick burn on alien Twitter.

Let the Federation be that fully-automated-luxury-space-communism that we strive toward, and show that the values we hold dear like peace, harmony, understanding, learning, and growth are generally practiced by its people.

Also, tell Section 31 or the Mirror Universe story writers to gently caress off for a series.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Mirror universe episodes are cool, and good, at least until discovery anyway.

My dream is a follow up to ds9 that starts with the return of sisko with the amount of time between da9 ending and now having passed in universe. Garak and bashir operate a haberdashery together. Quark owns a freighter that delivers fine textiles and muslin. A sinister laugh echoes through the fire caves. Jake sisko lives with three sexy ladies.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

hard counter posted:

at this point i just dream of a trek where the main vessel is only a straight-up science ship on a mission of pure study of weird phenomena/bizarre new species with next to no military capacity whatsoever so the crew is forced to peacefully explore and then meet the challenges they encounter with understanding, problem solving, self-reflection and good conscience

I like this

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I strongly believe that Mirror Universe episodes should be a momentary diversion, not a major plot point. As the audience, we live in an imperfect world. It's nice to escape from that for an hour.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

thrilla in vanilla posted:

My dream is a follow up to ds9 that starts with the return of sisko with the amount of time between da9 ending and now having passed in universe. Garak and bashir operate a haberdashery together. Quark owns a freighter that delivers fine textiles and muslin. A sinister laugh echoes through the fire caves. Jake sisko lives with three sexy ladies.

Which three??

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Deep range probes have detected what appears to be a gateway, located in a distant star system, that either leads to another galaxy or to another dimension entirely. As the probe neared the system, interference increased until the probe could no longer maintain communications, and the probe has not been heard from since. This demands investigation: is it a gateway? Where does it go? What lies beyond?

Given the extreme distance and importance of this discovery, the Federation has decided that this task is too vital and possibly too large to entrust to any single starship.

A flotilla of starships, led and supported by its Galaxy-class flagship (which will, with this series premise and modern production technique, finally be allowed to fully flourish in its multi-role capacity), makes its way from the Federation frontier out into the great unexplored mass of the galaxy, to find and investigate a mysterious gateway. Along the way, they will explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before.

The following summaries should not be considered exhaustive rundowns of what would happen in each year of the show, but rather an attempt to illustrate the tone that the series would take in each year.

Year One:

The flotilla assembles in the outer reaches of the Federation. A few stories with familiar trappings (a Federation colony in trouble, a Romulan ship skulking around, a pompous rear end at a starbase makes trouble) as they make their way outbound. A celebration as the ships officially push out beyond where any Starfleet ship has ever gone before, and an appropriate ceremony for those in the crew who have never before been out to Deep Space. News that one of the other deep range probes has been retasked to also approach the gateway star system ahead of the flotilla. Contact with a spacedwelling form of life.

Year Two:

First Contact with a heretofore unknown civilization. One of the smaller ships suffers frequent malfunctions, slowing down progress and causing substantial frustration among the flotilla, and even leading to a question of whether to send her back to Federation space (they figure it out and get going again, eventually). The second probe that was redirected in the first year suffers the same fate as the first probe, but not before sending back confusing data contradictory to what was previously received from the first probe. A friendly competition between the ships in the flotilla results in both a tragedy and a triumph. A space trading post is discovered: some of the crew experience adventure (and misadventure) here as they enjoy some shore leave; the flotilla commanders argue the perils and promise of bargaining for information with technology; and more information about the gateway system is also found, possibly at the cost of tipping others off that something important is there. The flotilla nears the gateway star system.

Year Three:

As the flotilla approaches the gateway star system, their communications with Starfleet (already at great delay and minimal bandwidth) degrade into uselessness. The wreckage of one of the probes is discovered; engineers determine that it appears to have destroyed itself deliberately. The challenges of acting as mobile starbase to several other starships while maintaining herself stretches (but does not quite break) the limits of the flagship. A small fleet of unknown starships waits in orbit of one of the planets of the gateway star system; at first thought of as sentries, they seem to neither challenge the flotilla nor respond to its hails, despite clearly being powered up and active, and appearing to communicate with each other. The gateway is investigated. The flotilla's mettle is severely tested by what appears to be a very ancient artifact of enormous size and power, and unknown purpose.

In part because this is a bit by the seat of my pants, and also because I'm not a great writer, I don't know (yet) what the mystery or nature of the gateway would ultimately be. I do think there should be quite a bit of Awe involved; a momentous, overwhelming occasion for even the most experienced and competent Starfleet officers.

In my mind the flotilla (or at least, elements of it) would return to Federation space, with at least a handful of episodes showing the voyage back, letting the characters decompress a bit, and having a couple of minor adventures along the way - maybe have them superficially similar to ones experienced near the beginning of the show, so as to illustrate how this experience has changed Our Heroes. I'm not certain if this should be a full Year Four or perhaps just an epilogue.

tl;dr - my dream Star Trek would be one that gets the hell away from so much of the astropolitical cruft that's built up in Trek over the years, strikes out into the unknown, attempts to restore a sense of awe and wonder at the Final Frontier, and cherishes the camaraderie and values held by people who come from a fundamentally more just society than the one we live in today.

and, admittedly, indulges a little in flexing the design capabilities of a starship many of us love but never quite got to see fully spread its wings because of production limitations of the past.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Deep range probes have detected what appears to be a gateway, located in a distant star system, that either leads to another galaxy or to another dimension entirely. As the probe neared the system, interference increased until the probe could no longer maintain communications, and the probe has not been heard from since. This demands investigation: is it a gateway? Where does it go? What lies beyond?

Given the extreme distance and importance of this discovery, the Federation has decided that this task is too vital and possibly too large to entrust to any single starship.

A flotilla of starships, led and supported by its Galaxy-class flagship (which will, with this series premise and modern production technique, finally be allowed to fully flourish in its multi-role capacity), makes its way from the Federation frontier out into the great unexplored mass of the galaxy, to find and investigate a mysterious gateway. Along the way, they will explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before.

The following summaries should not be considered exhaustive rundowns of what would happen in each year of the show, but rather an attempt to illustrate the tone that the series would take in each year.

Year One:

The flotilla assembles in the outer reaches of the Federation. A few stories with familiar trappings (a Federation colony in trouble, a Romulan ship skulking around, a pompous rear end at a starbase makes trouble) as they make their way outbound. A celebration as the ships officially push out beyond where any Starfleet ship has ever gone before, and an appropriate ceremony for those in the crew who have never before been out to Deep Space. News that one of the other deep range probes has been retasked to also approach the gateway star system ahead of the flotilla. Contact with a spacedwelling form of life.

Year Two:

First Contact with a heretofore unknown civilization. One of the smaller ships suffers frequent malfunctions, slowing down progress and causing substantial frustration among the flotilla, and even leading to a question of whether to send her back to Federation space (they figure it out and get going again, eventually). The second probe that was redirected in the first year suffers the same fate as the first probe, but not before sending back confusing data contradictory to what was previously received from the first probe. A friendly competition between the ships in the flotilla results in both a tragedy and a triumph. A space trading post is discovered: some of the crew experience adventure (and misadventure) here as they enjoy some shore leave; the flotilla commanders argue the perils and promise of bargaining for information with technology; and more information about the gateway system is also found, possibly at the cost of tipping others off that something important is there. The flotilla nears the gateway star system.

Year Three:

As the flotilla approaches the gateway star system, their communications with Starfleet (already at great delay and minimal bandwidth) degrade into uselessness. The wreckage of one of the probes is discovered; engineers determine that it appears to have destroyed itself deliberately. The challenges of acting as mobile starbase to several other starships while maintaining herself stretches (but does not quite break) the limits of the flagship. A small fleet of unknown starships waits in orbit of one of the planets of the gateway star system; at first thought of as sentries, they seem to neither challenge the flotilla nor respond to its hails, despite clearly being powered up and active, and appearing to communicate with each other. The gateway is investigated. The flotilla's mettle is severely tested by what appears to be a very ancient artifact of enormous size and power, and unknown purpose.

In part because this is a bit by the seat of my pants, and also because I'm not a great writer, I don't know (yet) what the mystery or nature of the gateway would ultimately be. I do think there should be quite a bit of Awe involved; a momentous, overwhelming occasion for even the most experienced and competent Starfleet officers.

In my mind the flotilla (or at least, elements of it) would return to Federation space, with at least a handful of episodes showing the voyage back, letting the characters decompress a bit, and having a couple of minor adventures along the way - maybe have them superficially similar to ones experienced near the beginning of the show, so as to illustrate how this experience has changed Our Heroes. I'm not certain if this should be a full Year Four or perhaps just an epilogue.

tl;dr - my dream Star Trek would be one that gets the hell away from so much of the astropolitical cruft that's built up in Trek over the years, strikes out into the unknown, attempts to restore a sense of awe and wonder at the Final Frontier, and cherishes the camaraderie and values held by people who come from a fundamentally more just society than the one we live in today.

and, admittedly, indulges a little in flexing the design capabilities of a starship many of us love but never quite got to see fully spread its wings because of production limitations of the past.

I will say all this stuff to normal people in real life i don''t give a gently caress anymore.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

I strongly believe that Mirror Universe episodes should be a momentary diversion, not a major plot point. As the audience, we live in an imperfect world. It's nice to escape from that for an hour.

Yes, the original MU episode was fun because it was a one-off adventure in a topsy-turvy version of our world where our selfless peaceful explorers were replaced with militant selfish assholes and our heroes had to navigate and escape that madness, with a hint of hope at the end. Belaboring it any further is overexposure at best.

I will say all this stuff to normal people in real life i don''t give a gently caress anymore.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

McSpanky posted:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

I acknowledge my enjoyment of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek if it is brought up in casual conversation. Previously I would not but my body is now a machine that exists only to produce pain and so I live without shame

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I acknowledge my enjoyment of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek if it is brought up in casual conversation. Previously I would not but my body is now a machine that exists only to produce pain and so I live without shame

Ahh, gotcha and same.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Dreamtrek? I want a series that looks near-identical to the 1960s era show. Complete with period/retro costumes, props, sound effects, etc. Modern CGI where necessary of course.

I'm talking brightly colored pyjama shirts, disco mini dresses, hairstyles unseen outside of retirement homes and people punching "aliens" who are clearly actors with extra makeup and wacky costumes. All done with some level of self awareness.

My pitch for the series? If That 70s Show can work then so can this. Plus by design they can get away with cheap looking sets made of authentic cardboard.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Pick posted:

Which three??

Worfs mom, Grilka and feral Molly Obrien

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
The rest of the voyager of the voyager before janeway decided to jump back and correct it.
Or a proper Endgame with what the guys are up to and how federation treats them after that journey and what happens with it
Also TNG.

So basically I want Star Trek: Multiship 2371-2409 with episodes with different crews doing different stuff, and sometimes crossing between each other.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jonathan Frakes talks to the camera for a half an hour each week.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

My DREAMTREK is about the ship tasked with revisiting all the most dangerous poo poo all the other Treks discovered for basic follow-ups that any competent organization should be doing. I've always liked the headcanon of "Kirk's List", just a big star map of super-classified coordinates that correspond to all the evil gas monsters and time portal rocks and Billy Mumys the original Enterprise discovered and then abandoned. There ought to be evil Admirals chomping at the bit to weaponize them, or other loose ends unraveling dangerously all the time, and it's just never easy and usually goes very badly for everybody. Basically Wrath of Khan: the Show.

I've gone in circles about this with Goons before but the thing I don't like about Star Trek is that the optimism feels unearned. These people just inherited a nice world and they don't have to do much to keep it, aren't interested in growing or advancing anything, they're really awful hollow mannequin people in upholstered clothes who just take everything for granted. Yeah there are occasionally minor challenges for these squeaky clean future people to deal with but they just pick them up and drop them whenever they feel like it, there's never any tension other than "will this desk stop shaking? I hope so! I will crouch here and emote at the shaking desk". There are almost never repercussions to insane poo poo like discovering wildly advanced technology or talking to literal gods, so it kinda feels like there are no repercussions to anything, which is just lame storytelling. I want a Trek with stakes that matter.

Ideally I would also take away nonsense magitech like FTL and infinite power and teleporters and replicators but then it's really not Star Trek anymore, so I guess they can keep all their drama-destroying plot convenience toys. But that means the stakes should be even higher, not lower. I want a Trek where poo poo actually matters and things are hard.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Similar to one of the other ideas stated, but with a twist of my own.

A Starfleet colonization flotilla gets thrown into an alternate universe. Cosmologically exactly the same as ours, but none of the Star Trek races exist there.

There is no way to get back to their home universe. So the fleet has to decide what they are doing, colonize, explore, stay hidden, or make contact with other races. Does the PD even apply?
All the key figures would have their own views as to what to do. Politics and intrigue will play a major role.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I haven't watched the What We Left Behind but from what I've read of the pitch for season 8 of DS9, most people hated it. However I think it would be perfectly fine for a first episode, providing the second episode is Sisko, after catching up with the events of the past 20 years, goes :wtf: and uses his prophet powers to alter the timeline so that it's still 20 years later but he's been around for 19.5 of those 20 years.
Sisko is retired and chilling on Bajor where the most he has to deal with is the occasional fanatic and he has weekly chats with Kira who is either the Kai or a Starfleet Admiral based on DS9 depending on whether or not Bajor finally decided to join the Federation. DS9 is still considered really important for the exploration of the Gamma quadrant, which the Dominion allow since they've also chilled out a bit.
Sisko also warned the Romulans about their sun going supernova and they actually believed him enough to prevent it or greatly reduce the damage to their empire.

Also Sisko has a grandson named Nog.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

Dreamtrek? I want a series that looks near-identical to the 1960s era show. Complete with period/retro costumes, props, sound effects, etc. Modern CGI where necessary of course.

I'm talking brightly colored pyjama shirts, disco mini dresses, hairstyles unseen outside of retirement homes and people punching "aliens" who are clearly actors with extra makeup and wacky costumes. All done with some level of self awareness.

My pitch for the series? If That 70s Show can work then so can this. Plus by design they can get away with cheap looking sets made of authentic cardboard.

another good dreamtrek :hmmyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Year One:

Year Two:

Year Three:

yes.... yes

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Mine is a literal "dream," where after DS9 Sisko returns to the station and battles dukat, and everyone is there, but since that can't possibly be true it's revealed it's a vision sisko and possibly dukat are having within the wormhole, to which the rest of the crew is somehow metaphysically linked. It is like the concept of the nexus crossed with the episode where their imaginations run wild, the movie (just one movie) is cartoony and involves poo poo like the federation's greatest enemies (balok, harry mudd, the old man admiral who wants the fountain of youth, q, etc) coming to wreck havoc on the station, willy wonka's chocolate factory logic where halls don't make sense and each room is a surprise.

Like in one scene, O' Brien is cornered by "weyoun" in a hall of mirrors. it turns out to be three weyouns but he couldn't tell, it was a hall of mirrors. So he drinks some ketrisol white and the popeye music starts playing, and he starts beating the crap out of the weyouns, and bashir who is there on the adventure is like cheering him on, then we cut to keiko doing the same off in another room somewhere, then the rest of the cast individually and like picard, picard is making the fists like "yeah, yeah, punch him like that."

Then other stuff too, Quark is probably trapped in a hell of perpetual pleasures by his malfunctioning holosuite, vic fontaine becomes a real boy. Theoretically someone else could play odo but he could also look like a ps1 graphic as a mockery of saccharine cgi recreations of dead actors. Sisko chases Dukat like elmer fudd the whole time, or vice reversa, and they end the movie with a serious reexamination of how they are handing their conflict and perhaps finally each "join" in spiritual understanding with the prophets. Like this film is sort of their purgatory.

As for other star trek, I want optical effects, monsters that are a laser pointer being shone at a crystal, the entire cast should look and behave like the 3+x stooges.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Vash would be there, I can tell you that much.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

dudeness posted:

Vash would be there, I can tell you that much.

Vash seduces Bashir and leaves him four times, and then Ezri Dax hits him on the head with a rolling pin

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
vash seduces ezri dax. she still hits bashir on the head with a rolling pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FunkyAl posted:

Theoretically someone else could play odo but he could also look like a ps1 graphic as a mockery of saccharine cgi recreations of dead actors.