Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Lmao at that feisty lookin coronavirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shonen rival rear end looking coronavirus

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/icklenellierose/status/1254350926556598272

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
A friend of mine had a double lung transplant a couple years ago. He's doing great but has to be very careful about what he does and what he's exposed to.

His wife posted this yesterday:

Friend posted:

For the ppl in the back & the protestors!

JUST IN CASE YOU NEED IT EXPLAINED ONE MORE TIME:

You wake up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor. Unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected. For the last two weeks, you’ve ignored "the rules," gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited some parks and beaches. You figured, “I don’t feel sick," and "I have the right to keep living my normal life!"

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you.

But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure.
Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immuno-suppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while.

#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU.

Copied from a friend.
Feel free to do the same.

Seems like a fair enough statement to me.

This was one of the comments:

Some guy posted:

I understand your dilemma. However, I completely disagree. The issue here is NOT who I'm interacting with, the issue is who the guy at the end is. If him not coming in contact with an infected person will keep him alive, then he needs to limit his contact. If he lives like a hermit and doesn't have contact with anyone until this is resolved, the effect for him hadn't changed, regardless of what I do. So why punish me to make him feel safer?

I actually unfriended him years ago because he's one of the biggest assholes I've ever known. He's always sharing those far right, anger mongering memes on Facebook, always in an argument with somebody about something political, or race related (totally not racist but...). I'm baffled by some of the people who choose to be friends with this guy.

He still shows up in my news feed once in a while because we still share a couple of mutual friends, and it's always something like this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dying on the hill of "actually yes it IS all about me"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
https://mobile.twitter.com/prolepeach/status/1254233199128928257

Check the comments: dude comes into a thread that is literally full of dancers to scold them about the economics of their own profession.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bp3associates/status/1254249203670360066

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is he scolding? Genuine question I cant at all parse what the hell he's saying

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Danaru posted:

Yes, I think he thought all those professional strippers (look at their photos) were being prudish about their own profession, and he was trying to edumacate them on its importance.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Danaru posted:

He's not only mansplaining to multiple people, but the people are the literal professionals on the subject he's mansplaining about

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks, mom.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's actually kinda smart, since the only people who would be fooled by it would be those assholes who hear stories of all the horrible poo poo ICE has done and merely think "well, they shouldn't have broken the law," and "it's actually good to have government officials randomly checking people's ID with no cause."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Imagine an interaction with Piers Morgan where you look like a bigger rear end in a top hat than him?

https://twitter.com/DavidJBradley1/status/1254404684258914307?s=20

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine being PJW. Gross.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Imagine an interaction with Piers Morgan where you look like a bigger rear end in a top hat than him?

Do I even want to know what started this?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Fister Roboto posted:

Piers Morgan blocked him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, you know, that's as deep as I want to dive into it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AlbieQuirky posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/prolepeach/status/1254233199128928257

Check the comments: dude comes into a thread that is literally full of dancers to scold them about the economics of their own profession.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bp3associates/status/1254249203670360066

The only time I went to a strip club a stripper bit me on the penis through my pants and now I have to take off all my clothes during a full moon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's been years since Piers Morgan correctly pointed out that American gun control laws are loving insane so he was due to make a half-way decent point again so he said people protesting social distancing are dumb.

I look forward to him saying something half-way cognizant about the prison-industrial complex in another decade.

more content.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1254460372712652800?s=20

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Apparently, that was photoshopped. (Check the comments) Still, those protestors are evil morons tho

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fister Roboto posted:

Piers seems to have developed a backbone recently. No idea what instigated it but he referred to PJW as a racist far-right loon who works for a 'journalism outlet' that claim Sandy Hook didn't happen, plus some crack about "if you don't like me I'm doing something right".

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

PJW shows up in the comments.

https://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status/1254439246158577668?s=21

I have a screen cap but imgur is being dumb, I’ll put more effort in if it gets taken down.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

darkwasthenight posted:

Piers seems to have developed a backbone recently. No idea what instigated it but he referred to PJW as a racist far-right loon who works for a 'journalism outlet' that claim Sandy Hook didn't happen, plus some crack about "if you don't like me I'm doing something right".

Somebody post that The Onion article about the worst person you know making a good point

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

darkwasthenight posted:

IIRC he made fun of Trump for the bleach thing and Trump unfollowed him, so he's either trying to rebrand or got a hit of that sweet sweet high that comes from someone getting mad at you on the internet

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

christmas boots posted:

IIRC he made fun of Trump for the bleach thing and Trump unfollowed him, so he's either trying to rebrand or got a hit of that sweet sweet high that comes from someone getting mad at you on the internet

Much like Trump he has no real beliefs beyond vague conservatism and whatever he last read on twitter, but plays an exaggerated version of himself for TV ratings. He has the con-man's disdain for true believers like PJW even though he likely does more damage in the long run.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's the title from?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Cool and unusual punishment is forbidden by the Constitution.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PJWs long term fear of leaving his basement means he’s suffering that quarantine less than anyone, the long game finally worked for him.

Jamie Faith posted:

Apparently, that was photoshopped. (Check the comments) Still, those protestors are evil morons tho

Gotta wonder who did this though, the original photo is dumb as poo poo anyway. Why fake something that’s been seen so many times it’ll just get called out straight away. Not impossible it’s the right wing trying to set a message that more legit pics are fake.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1254447155110182912?s=19

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
These tweets have been deleted.

He went on to tweet this:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

darkwasthenight posted:

Even though he comes out ahead of Watson, never give Morgan anything. If he was hit by a bus, his own mother would applaud.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

*looking at myself in a fun-house mirror* "this gives me a good idea for a haircut"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

perfection

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

This might just be the stress talking but I'd take one world government over helplessly watching the planet boil because a reality star convinced everyone in Bumfuck, Texas that having an anus makes you gay.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I'm following this group on Facebook just to see what's going on. Always something funny.

Also this from a local newspaper which is about pollution levels dropping...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zesty posted:

What's the title from?

Me, I'm pretty sure. It's weird though, I posted it and no one said anything about it at the time but somehow it's the thread title.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

proudly supporting Womenine Sports

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nastyman posted:

This might just be the stress talking but I'd take one world government over helplessly watching the planet boil because a reality star convinced everyone in Bumfuck, Texas that having an anus makes you gay.

You would think the Bumfuckians would be well aware of the practical applications of having an anus.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The leader will be Vince McMahon, the religion will be wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

This is beyond idiots really.