Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What’s the model of bidet people were loving and is it ever still in stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Paul MaudDib posted:

Ask her what specifically she added, I’ve got a couple of those I’ve been meaning to use.

She just eye-balled cumin and garam masala, shes half-indian so she thought the sauce was a bit too much tomatoey for her liking, nothing too fancy. I thought it was fine out of the jar, but that just added another notch.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What, like he copped a feel on your melons? And I've never even considered the filth level of the belt to be a problem because I can't think of any food that would directly touch it. And if it wasn't prepackaged, like some produce, wouldn't you wash it before you ate it anyway?

I'm not trying to call you out, just wondering what you would have them do instead.

Kind of?
Dude was just picking it up, putting it down, sorting the stuff in my cart... if he was trying to careful about it, he would have touched everything once instead of 3-4 times.

Really though, I was upset by the lack of mask.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Anyone know what the Kirkland vanilla extract goes for these days?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Anyone know what the Kirkland vanilla extract goes for these days?

Too much. Like double the price it used to be- $25 I think? $28? Vanilla is pricy these days.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Yeah that's about right. They put it right next to the beaver nut juice which is $~9.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

i am harry posted:

beaver nut juice

:grin:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lobsterboy posted:

She just eye-balled cumin

Took a second to figure out what thread this is

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

About how long should a 1.13kg costco mixed nuts pack last one person?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Arbite posted:

I mean, expressed as minutes or hours or ...?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Arbite posted:

not as long as Deez

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Arbite posted:

Sitting on the desk next to you, or across the room so you have to stand up and walk if you want some?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Make-or-Break question: is it the kind with Brazil Nuts?

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I got bitchin sauce for the first time. Holy cow people didn't exaggerate at all. It's so good. Thank you to the Costco thread as a whole.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 26, 2020

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

EVG posted:

Too much. Like double the price it used to be- $25 I think? $28? Vanilla is pricy these days.

Yeah, it used to be $13 or $15, something like that. I need a bottle, and I keep hoping to see it less expensive every time but it's still a lot.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Costco is coming to my city, I am going to be very interested to see how it plays out.

A bit of competition for our local/not so local (Australian) grocery chains probably isn't a bad thing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/120710333/costco-plans-to-spend-100-million-on-auckland-store

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

Yeah, it used to be $13 or $15, something like that. I need a bottle, and I keep hoping to see it less expensive every time but it's still a lot.

They had a GIANT $25 bottle last time I was there. I talked myself out of it, only to find out later we were out. Five bucks gets you a mouse fart’s worth of the stuff in the grocery store :(

gently caress it, I’ll just use spiced rum in all my scones.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

It's one of those few things that's very much supply/demand based on pricing. I don't exactly keep up with it but absent a demand drop I don't see it ever going down. I think it has to be hand pollinated and maybe even harvested that way.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I believe something happened recently reducing the vanilla supply as well, but can't remember the details and I am very lazy.

E: I mean pre-pandemic something.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Grand Fromage posted:

I believe something happened recently reducing the vanilla supply as well, but can't remember the details and I am very lazy.

It's been that way for a few years at least; for a while I think it was $30-ish. My impression was that it's the effect of climate change on major vanilla-growing regions.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Artonos posted:

I got bitchin sauce for the first time. Holy cow people didn't exaggerate at all. It's so good. Thank you to the Costco thread as a whole.

Is this a regional thing? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in California

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw some in the Tustin store, near the salads.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Alan Smithee posted:

I bet you'll see it if you look. Considering almonds are grown big time in California and the company is headquartered in Carlsbad, CA.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw it once in CA. Cilantro flavour. gently caress my cilantro allergy but I didn’t want to poo poo my brains out for days just to try the fabled sauce. When I see it without cilantro I will buy it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I seem to remember Costco selling packs of vanilla beans, too, but I don't think I've seen those in years.

Right now, the best price on beans on Amazon is four bucks apiece, that's a little more then double from the last time I bought them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

these are not the meme beans right

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

A huge chunk of the vanilla crop is grown in Madagascar and a few years back a bad Indian Ocean cyclone hosed up the island pretty good. Iirc it was a mix of fields being destroyed and the growers not being able to deal with the harvest while their houses were under water.

The whole process is crazy. Vanilla is an orchid so it’s finnicky as gently caress and basically looks for any opportunity to die for any reason. Pollination is by hand. Harvesting is by hand. It has to go through a crazy complicated drying and curing process.

Basically it’s insane that this flavor that shouldn’t exist at all became our byword for basic and boring. It would be like if “Porsche” somehow became slang for a dull, reliable, affordable family car.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
And somehow I got comfortable thinking my Costco bugout deal to Madagascar was a solid pandemic panic purchase.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so it's like the panda of plants?

has anyone checked to see if pandas can get infected :ohdear:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowy posted:

What’s the model of bidet people were loving and is it ever still in stock?

The Costco Toto I checked out didn’t have an air dryer so I got a Brondell Swash off Amazon instead for a similar price

I think Costco is carrying the Brondell ones now so take a look at those

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I got the Bio-bidet from costco with the heated seat/water/air dryer and it rules. No TP panic in this house.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Artonos posted:

:pcgaming: THE BITCHIN LIFE :pcgaming:

Word from a buddy who works at a different mega store...apparently if they call out now it counts as 3 marks. Out of their allotted 5 marks. After 5 you're immediately terminated.

So uh...thank god for unions. PBUC

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Fallom posted:

The Costco Toto I checked out didn’t have an air dryer so I got a Brondell Swash off Amazon instead for a similar price

I think Costco is carrying the Brondell ones now so take a look at those

Awesome thanks I’ll check it out

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

so it's like the panda of plants?

has anyone checked to see if pandas can get infected :ohdear:

One of the news podcasts that my wife listens to said that right now, captive pandas in zoos are loving.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I got the Bio-bidet from costco with the heated seat/water/air dryer and it rules. No TP panic in this house.

I went to church for the first time in a month? I dunno, anyway they had plenty of TP but only industrial paper towels for an absurd $36 or so for a box smaller than a normal big Costco paper towel package. Also they were out of vanilla so I had to buy some at a grocery store for even more per ounce.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Enos Cabell posted:

I got a $40 bidet from amazon right before the Great TP Panic.... but I know I will never go back to being a Non Bidet Haver.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Stock up, friends. We're going to see a meat shortage before May is over.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Stock up, friends. We're going to see a meat shortage before May is over.

We’re already there. My local grocery store is pretty picked over.

That said I suspect it’s partially also people like this person. This wasn’t the only cart like this I saw:

Processing plants closing is going to stress the system but there are also people who I really hope have big chest freezers or we’re going to see an insane amount of waste.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

hosed up. I already can't find chicken or turkey at my church and now the other meat is gonna go. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

hosed up. I already can't find chicken or turkey at my church and now the other meat is gonna go. :(

I found ground turkey but no chicken yesterday at my church. Gonna hit a Kroger in the am before the freedom rush looking for chicken and maybe some pork. If all else fails I can go barter with our Amish an hour or two away