Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Huzzah! posted:

The Penultimate chapter
The Showdown Vs the Wrathful dragon concludes.

I could feel this one coming as the wrathful dragon got dropped in without much ceremony, but this is a good chapter with emotional clout I liked,. Hopefully the series goes out strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I've been sucked in to the vampire manga by the Dagashi Kashi guy. It's good, folks. It's darker than Dagashi Kashi, and there's actually some overarching plots. It's interesting to see him do something as different from Dagashi Kashi (which was still great by the way! I loved it!) as this but still has some of the "spirit" of Dagashi Kashi.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

I never cared much for Dagashi Kashi but the I learned recently the author's new work is pretty rad: https://mangadex.org/title/40969/yofukashi-no-uta

A boy can't sleep so he hangs out with a vampire (who happens to look remarkably similar to Toga from My Hero Academia) at night instead.

I enjoy this because it is the right mix of self-reflective (on the MC's growing detachment towards the "daytime"), funny, cute, and has a bit of an edge to it as well. But above all that, it's very horny. I'm actually surprised it hadn't been mentioned in this thread sooner.

I know vampires and sexuality are basically the peanut butter and jelly of the archetype. But it feels somewhat like a fresh take to have this race of glorified pickup artists acting the way they do. And it's appropriately creepy when Nazuna's family all try and hit on teenager. But maybe that's because after the last vampire craze brought out the worst writers imaginable it's been well over a decade since I've willingly read any vampire fiction

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

I enjoy this because it is the right mix of self-reflective (on the MC's growing detachment towards the "daytime"), funny, cute, and has a bit of an edge to it as well. But above all that, it's very horny. I'm actually surprised it hadn't been mentioned in this thread sooner.

I know vampires and sexuality are basically the peanut butter and jelly of the archetype. But it feels somewhat like a fresh take to have this race of glorified pickup artists acting the way they do. And it's appropriately creepy when Nazuna's family all try and hit on teenager. But maybe that's because after the last vampire craze brought out the worst writers imaginable it's been well over a decade since I've willingly read any vampire fiction

Deep.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's an extremely deep manga...says Detective Hard Bonerman

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
three new Senryu Girl

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Looks like we are starting to get a new round of Wakusei Closet? https://mangadex.org/chapter/868671/1

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Game Club is over

https://mangadex.org/chapter/869543/1

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

And the world just keeps on spinning...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kinda figured it was leading up to something supernatural with the games/moon symbol or like something very incredibly violent with the prez. Really wasn't expecting "and then they just kept doing club stuff"

Feels empty

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Nicola's Demon World Travelogue
Simon and Nicola are invited to a fancy auction.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

new Nicola's Demon World Travelogue
Simon and Nicola are invited to a fancy auction.

First rule of fantasy auctions. Nothing ever goes normally. And now that little Rosetta has gotten a taste for adventure, and blood. She'll never be satisfied with the simple life of wealth her family can afford her.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Brainamp posted:

Feels empty

I get the feeling you haven't read a lot of Imitation Crystal's work.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I get the feeling you haven't read a lot of Imitation Crystal's work.
it's never, ever, the ending you want. love Imitation Crystal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
stupid angel dances with the devil has been getting a bunch of updates recently, and while it's gone in a less slapstick silly as gently caress direction as it was early on, I don't dislike the way it's been progressing.

I'm also surprised at how good the action scenes are, there've been some decent ones in the series but there's some great two-pagers in the last couple chapters.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Captain Invictus posted:

stupid angel dances with the devil has been getting a bunch of updates recently, and while it's gone in a less slapstick silly as gently caress direction as it was early on, I don't dislike the way it's been progressing.

I'm also surprised at how good the action scenes are, there've been some decent ones in the series but there's some great two-pagers in the last couple chapters.

You find the weirdest poo poo consistantly. Love ya dude. Gonna read it even.

Edit; I hate it, thanks. Hard to find "ressentiment again."

Saiki Kusuo no PSI Nan(tranlation; Saiki-san's lovely comic about psychics) ended a while back, on a fun note. It's very funny, and added characters as arcs.

Comic is here

If I meet someone irl they likely havn't heard of it, manyonline groups haven't I'm sure most of you have.

just bob fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 27, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Night Owl Witch

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

just bob posted:

You find the weirdest poo poo consistantly. Love ya dude. Gonna read it even.

Edit; I hate it, thanks. Hard to find "ressentiment again."
it's considerably sillier and dumber than ressentiment, if you went in expecting a manga with something to say beyond "here's some funnier-and-hornier-than-average romcom shenanigans, also sometimes the main girl turns into spongebob for some reason" then it's not for you

the third chapter where it gets kaguya-sama-esque and portrays their flirting as a dog and cat hajime no ippo boxing match is what got me to stick with it past the 3 chapter test, they are a very dumb couple and I love their interactions, though I can understand if the fanservice puts you off of it.

I'm not sure I can think of a recent manga that gives me a similar vibe to Ressentiment, really.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Captain Invictus posted:

it's considerably sillier and dumber than ressentiment, if you went in expecting a manga with something to say beyond "here's some funnier-and-hornier-than-average romcom shenanigans, also sometimes the main girl turns into spongebob for some reason" then it's not for you

the third chapter where it gets kaguya-sama-esque and portrays their flirting as a dog and cat hajime no ippo boxing match is what got me to stick with it past the 3 chapter test, they are a very dumb couple and I love their interactions, though I can understand if the fanservice puts you off of it.

I'm not sure I can think of a recent manga that gives me a similar vibe to Ressentiment, really.

You must be really bored today. So long as all else is well, who effin cares and good for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess

Oops, got inseki'd

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yuko Sae Tatakaeba has STRONG, STRONG devil king pet vibes

https://mangadex.org/title/37295/yuko-sae-tatakaeba

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nerdz posted:

Yuko Sae Tatakaeba has STRONG, STRONG devil king pet vibes

https://mangadex.org/title/37295/yuko-sae-tatakaeba

She is truly the Saitama of Zatch Bell.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Game Club may be over but End of Goldfish Kingdom is back!

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh poo poo! I'm so glad someone picked it up, I can't wait for the rest of it. Until it gets to the end of what's been written, I guess it's still incomplete.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

Game Club may be over but End of Goldfish Kingdom is back!

oh my god yes

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Huzzah! posted:

New Interrogation Princess

Oops, got inseki'd

The Demon King continues being the best character I see.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

Oops, got inseki'd

while that would be a hell of a twist the word you want is "isekai"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Actually I like it as a portmanteau of "isekai" whose definition is inverted to "fantasy into the real world". Hence insekai. :haw:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This is one of those ahego / ahoge situations, isn't it

i'd love to be wrong tho

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

DrSunshine posted:

Actually I like it as a portmanteau of "isekai" whose definition is inverted to "fantasy into the real world". Hence insekai. :haw:

Welcome to Japan, Mr. Demon King

"But this food is exactly the same as where I came from?" :confused:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter of Sachi's Monstrous Appetite(I like this name they recently gave Her Appetite's Too Big For Me Alone, it's better imo)

I kinda figured the fight would end without them killing the cackling moustache-twirling evil rabbit vagrant, but still it felt a bit abrupt.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

new chapter of Sachi's Monstrous Appetite(I like this name they recently gave Her Appetite's Too Big For Me Alone, it's better imo)

I kinda figured the fight would end without them killing the cackling moustache-twirling evil rabbit vagrant, but still it felt a bit abrupt.

It does feel like maybe an editor told the writer to wrap up this arc.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Myok posted:

Welcome to Japan, Mr. Demon King

"But this food is exactly the same as where I came from?" :confused:

"In fact, it's just like the style of the famous gourmet who showed up mysteriously fiv- :aaaaa:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Please don't talk about Demon Kings and Japan, It just makes me miss

the boy...

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Fan translations have picked back up recently for Devil is a Part Timer's manga. Doubt we get a second season though ever.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Tragic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Besides dungeon meshi, it's what I want (more of) an anime of the most

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I started reading Flying Witch and its so good. It should get an anime, it'd be perfect for like a spring or fall slice of life show.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Jerkface posted:

I started reading Flying Witch and its so good. It should get an anime, it'd be perfect for like a spring or fall slice of life show.

Well then friend...

https://youtu.be/OWelX8pDSyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Fan translations have picked back up recently for Devil is a Part Timer's manga. Doubt we get a second season though ever.

Yeah after years of erratic translations, you can now read the whole thing officially then pick right up with the scans. Plus the novels ofc.