Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Chairman Capone posted:

Who did Tim Allen rat out, and in what context?

when he was 25 he was busted for dealing 1.4 pounds of cocaine to an undercover cop. to avoid life in prison he revealed the identities of other drug dealers he had worked with to the police, and only served a few years in prison as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

8one6 posted:

Patrick Warburton is great!

Bringing it all back around, Patrick Warburton had a recurring guest spot on Seinfeld as David Puddy, one of Elaine's boyfriends.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
yeah that's right.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Saw a guy on the street wearing Putty's 8-Ball jacket a few months ago. Not sure if it was in reference to the show or not...

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Daft Punk is scoring the new Dario Argento movie. I'm very happy that we are getting new Daft Punk for the first time in 7 years but when was the last time Argento made a good movie?

feedmyleg posted:

Saw a guy on the street wearing Putty's 8-Ball jacket a few months ago. Not sure if it was in reference to the show or not...

Gotta support the team.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Cacator posted:

Daft Punk is scoring the new Dario Argento movie. I'm very happy that we are getting new Daft Punk for the first time in 7 years but when was the last time Argento made a good movie?

I wanna say Phenomena.

Still gonna watch it, although it's gonna be weird not having Goblin do the music.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

feedmyleg posted:

All signs point to yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like the perennial Hellraiser reboot movie plans are dead because now HBO is having David Gordon Green turn the franchise into a TV series. There is precedence for a serialized Hellraiser as Barker shepherded a comic book back in the day. There were two types of stories, standalones where some poor schlub runs into the Lament Configuration or the "Harrowers" which were basically good guy Cenobites who were empowered by a goddess to fight against the bad Cenobites.

Personally I thought the standalone stories were better because they let authors be weirder, like "Wordsworth" which was written by Neil Gaiman and has the box show up in the form of a crossword puzzle. While the Harrowers stuff (even when written by Barker) are too goofy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

muscles like this! posted:

Sounds like the perennial Hellraiser reboot movie plans are dead because now HBO is having David Gordon Green turn the franchise into a TV series. There is precedence for a serialized Hellraiser as Barker shepherded a comic book back in the day. There were two types of stories, standalones where some poor schlub runs into the Lament Configuration or the "Harrowers" which were basically good guy Cenobites who were empowered by a goddess to fight against the bad Cenobites.

Personally I thought the standalone stories were better because they let authors be weirder, like "Wordsworth" which was written by Neil Gaiman and has the box show up in the form of a crossword puzzle. While the Harrowers stuff (even when written by Barker) are too goofy.

Is Danny McBride collaborating with him on it?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they adapt the Marshal Law crossover.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Not having read any Hellraiser comics, I could see Harrowers maybe working in a "Cure just as bad as the disease" sort of way. Beings in opposition to the Cenobite's pure hedonism, swearing their lives to destroying them in the name of chastity and moral restraint. But like the Cenobites, they are purely dissociated from mortal reality and human needs and desires. So in their pursuit, they will destroy everything in the attempt to claim one cenobite. So a Pinhead and his fellow cenobites might relentlessly come after you, if a Harrower comes along you might be destroyed by a careless and completely apathetic being.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I hope they adapt the Marshal Law crossover.

For a brief moment I thought I had missed some spectacular episode of Martial Law. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is Danny McBride collaborating with him on it?

McBride is going to be an EP on the show. There was an announcement a couple of weeks ago about another director being attached to a movie but Hellraiser is kind of like Highlander and the Crow where someone is always making a deal to do a new one and it somehow never materializes.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Not having read any Hellraiser comics, I could see Harrowers maybe working in a "Cure just as bad as the disease" sort of way. Beings in opposition to the Cenobite's pure hedonism, swearing their lives to destroying them in the name of chastity and moral restraint. But like the Cenobites, they are purely dissociated from mortal reality and human needs and desires. So in their pursuit, they will destroy everything in the attempt to claim one cenobite. So a Pinhead and his fellow cenobites might relentlessly come after you, if a Harrower comes along you might be destroyed by a careless and completely apathetic being.

The Harrowers were the name given to the team of humans who entered hell to defeat Pinhead after he had amassed all of Earth's magical knowledge, killed the other members of his order, and went to Satan's Cathedral in hell to steal the devil's armor. He finds Satan dead, steals his armor, the devil comes back to life, they fly around shooting bolts of energy at each other, then Satan pulls out all of Pinhead's nails. Satan then moves to NYC and eats nothing but pizza for the rest of his days.

I am not making any of this up.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
That is some Sandman rear end ideas going on right there. Which would be fine if it were a Sandman comic. But I'm assuming the Hellraiser comics didn't take on Gaiman-esq sense of dark whimsy.

I like my idea of killer all-but-in-name-Angels, just to continue Hellraiser's existential 'You are hosed and you brought it on yourself' theming

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Some motherfuckers always got to open the box.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SomeJazzyRat posted:

That is some Sandman rear end ideas going on right there. Which would be fine if it were a Sandman comic.

I assure you it is also whole rear end Barker.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

McBride is going to be an EP on the show. There was an announcement a couple of weeks ago about another director being attached to a movie but Hellraiser is kind of like Highlander and the Crow where someone is always making a deal to do a new one and it somehow never materializes.

Well I'm on bored. That club (I'm not sure what to call the Green/Hill/McBride gang) has put out some of best funniest, darkest poo poo on TV for the past decade.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cacator posted:

Gotta support the team.

That is so rad. Oh lord, oh my, I'm very pleased.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wanna say Phenomena.

Still gonna watch it, although it's gonna be weird not having Goblin do the music.

That was the last time he used Motorhead at least, to my knowledge. I do dig movies later than that myself, while not as magical as before, I take them as their own thing. A different vibe and scene, kind of like digging the B or C tier of Wes Craven movies. Goblin rules, got to see them one time.

Also, by any measure, I think Opera (1987) is one of Dario's best. But I'm a fan of that crazy playing metal during the mayhem tone of horror movie. Which Phenomena was also into. Demons (as producer) also does that, just such a unique time and place stylistically. It appeals to me so much. And I dig a few of his 90s movies, and Mother of Tears is a fun B-movie. I liked Giallo (2009) too, so that's the most recent hit for me.

It is nice to see a comeback. And either way, we'll get a sweet album out of it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope they manage to air that Hellraiser show soon because Barker isn't exactly in the best of health these past years.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Doggles posted:

For a brief moment I thought I had missed some spectacular episode of Martial Law. :smith:

Sammo Hung: "I see Pinhead that you have discovered Chinese acupuncture"

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Cacator posted:

Sleepless is his last legit good movie. I liked The Stendhal Syndrome a lot too. Trauma was filmed in my hometown, so it's kind of neat to see those locations in a movie, and the cast is great, otherwise it's a huge, fun mess. Do You Like Hitchcock? and The Card Player are fine, not perfect but for Italian TV movies (I believe) they are pretty watchable. I guess the less said about Dracula 3D the better. Argento is one of my favorite directors, so I'm a bit biased. Whatever happened to his movie he filmed with Iggy Pop?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9059704/

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

So there's this guy who's an immigrant in 1920s America and he falls in a vat of pickles and wakes up 100 years later. Funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 28, 2020

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess we now know what Seth Rogen might have looked like if he was in the Lighthouse.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Oh man The Lighthouse and it's exactly the same except Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sandler injecting his nuance into the fart jokes.

I should really rewatch The Lighthouse. What a great movie that just got buried by a year (the last year?) of great movies.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Sandler would absolutely kill the why'd you spill yer beans Tommy line.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm really curious how many low budget one actor horror movies are going to come out of this. Plenty of people trapped inside with iphones and computers they can get editing software for

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So there's this guy who's an immigrant in 1920s America and he falls in a vat of pickles and wakes up 100 years later. Funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

God, he's going to do that awful old Jewish man voice the entire time isn't he.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I feel like if you fell in a vat of pickles you'd just drown.

I guess maybe it'll be a Swamp Thing situation and he'll be a bunch of pickles that think they're a man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

God, he's going to do that awful old Jewish man voice the entire time isn't he.

Jackie Mason is still alive. Should just cast him.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

This doesn't seem to bode well for movies

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1255090115225047041

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tars Tarkas posted:

This doesn't seem to bode well for movies

It's just a tweet, no article? My first thought was what kind of competition does this new Trolls have? Never mind that theatrical releases in the Before Times had to compete with every activity one could do outside of the home but currently Trolls is one of the few new movies out that was supposed to be released theatrically but done so digitally. Its competition in terms of other new content is mostly the same kind of content that streaming services or cable or On Demand provided normally.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The first one made 346 million dollars BO worldwide, while the article says this made "almost" 100 million on VOD. The budget for this movie is reported being 90-100 million so it's barely breaking even. We can talk about theater cuts, but Apple/Google/Amazon also take their commission from digital sales I'd imagine.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Directed by the B.tro from the post-apocalyptic dance dance revolution movie The FP.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Desperate stay-at-home parents shelling out 15$ to shut up their kids for 90 minutes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1255263760291368967

This is one weird rear end year

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Martin Scorsese laughs vindicatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

married but discreet posted:

Desperate stay-at-home parents shelling out 15$ to shut up their kids for 90 minutes.
This was my thought as well

Normally this kind of lower-end franchise would not do that well theatrically, but because so many kids are stuck at home, they will probably do this instead of watching Frozen 2 for the 80th time