Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Clowner posted:

Jumped back in last week after not touching it since my first playthrough right after release. It's an awesome feeling to simultaneously think a boss is impossible, and knowing (not just believing) I can beat him.
I was expecting dlc and was holding off on a replay until that came out, as is From tradition, but I guess it's probably time to just jump back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was expecting dlc and was holding off on a replay until that came out, as is From tradition, but I guess it's probably time to just jump back in

Yeah I've given up hope at this point. Would've been nice to jump into a second memory and meet tomoe and dogen

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Clowner posted:

Jumped back in last week after not touching it since my first playthrough right after release. It's an awesome feeling to simultaneously think a boss is impossible, and knowing (not just believing) I can beat him.

the gap in skill between first try last boss and beating last boss is staggering

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Clowner posted:

Yeah I've given up hope at this point. Would've been nice to jump into a second memory and meet tomoe and dogen

Saving em for the sequel

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Shadows Die Thrice.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never beat father owl the first time around. Man what a fight. I'm glad I never did that bosses area my first playthrough, it's almost like a mini dlc. A little gift from past me

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like that fountainhead palace is this weird hippy retreat for old women playing the shakuhachi and reading poetry and you run in and start murking everyone

thinking about this post. I'm crouched near the dude that's doing a warrior Kabuki dance thing on the bridge in the first area. just chilling to the soundtrack and the vibes in this area in peace since I killed everyone else

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

The Clowner posted:

Never beat father owl the first time around. Man what a fight. I'm glad I never did that bosses area my first playthrough, it's almost like a mini dlc. A little gift from past me

You know poo poo gets real with this boss when he mikiri counters you

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Brutally executing that dude on the tree in the middle of fountainhead palace was extremely satisfying.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sekiro multiplayer mod adds Souls-style co-op and PvP, invasions included

quote:

Sekiro Online adds a pretty decent facsimile of the Dark Souls multiplayer suite to Sekiro, co-op, duels, and invasions all included.

Put together in a few months by modder LukeYui, Sekiro Online even uses obscure items to initiate multiplayer features. Multiplayer is area restricted, meaning you'll need to initiate a new session every time you change areas, but you can easily invite friends through your Steam friends list like any other multiplayer game. 

Both players will need to have the mod installed, of course, and you'll need to start a new game for it to work. Grab the mod here. Installation is a breeze, too, if you know how to drag a file from one folder to another. 

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The creator's youtube avatar is some anime girl so you know it's legit

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How on earth will PvP work

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

very carefully

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm getting the Sekiro fever again...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

probably better than dark souls pvp since it wasn't designed by from

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Both players hesitate and immediately lose

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

probably better than dark souls pvp since it wasn't designed by from

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1288475059116539905?s=19

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Woah

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Where’s Arf’s Tidus this is loving awesome image when you need it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s not just a boss rush mode but you can also re fight any boss individually which is sick. Speedrunners are gonna love that for practice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its neat that ppl have been asking them for boss rush modes for a decade and theyre just patching it into sekiro a year and a half after it came out

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Boss rush and new outfits? Hell yes

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hell yeah

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
new outfits is badass

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that rules but I'm still waiting for the tomoe/dogen dlc :colbert:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Klowner posted:

that rules but I'm still waiting for the tomoe/dogen dlc :colbert:

The timing is really weird, maybe they're planning on updating it for forwards compatibility for the new consoles and decided to add in some new content while they were at it? I feel like its too late for an expansion but this makes me hopeful for a sequel. Maybe we'll get Elden Ring 2021 and then Sekiro 2022 like Bloodborne/DS3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s not just a boss rush mode but you can also re fight any boss individually which is sick. Speedrunners are gonna love that for practice

speedrunners need their faces blown off with a 30 ought 6

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

speedrunners need their faces blown off with a 30 ought 6

Literally as I was typing that out I was thinking “wonder what Lyle is gonna say”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Literally as I was typing that out I was thinking “wonder what Lyle is gonna say”

lol

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

I can't wait to change form

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lyle approaching a From thread with an unpredictable but powerful take

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Fighting Owl for the first time........ him listing out the rules of the Iron Code every time you go down is so loving epic