Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Brawnfire posted:

You would think the Bumfuckians would be well aware of the practical applications of having an anus.

It's like they've never even seen cumshitter's instructional video "In the hole: How to succeed in both business and pleasure"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Being from Pennsylvania is a hell of a drug.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

sugar mouse posted:

This is beyond idiots really.

“Guns are literally the only thing stopping the government from coming to kill you!”

“Also, stop questioning President Trump and show some respect!”

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1254684628331487232

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

sugar mouse posted:

Nobody tell them how Sobibor turned out :ohdear:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1254682106762051584

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Goddamn she just goes in on them doesn't she?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Who the gently caress are any of these people?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

No wait hold on, what was that about Doug Walker? Granted, it's been I think a decade since I watched anything by him, but he seemed cool.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Looks like a bunch of self-important media critics flinging poo poo at each other. Again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mikl posted:

No wait hold on, what was that about Doug Walker? Granted, it's been I think a decade since I watched anything by him, but he seemed cool.
By many accounts he's exactly what you would think he is based on his persona-- an arrogant loser with delusions of grandeur who got lucky by getting in on the ground floor for "internet personality" content before all the out-of-work rich kids in California cornered the market.

I never cared to wade into that cesspool deep enough to find out more, but nearly everyone in his network with half a brain and/or half a heart ditched his rear end half a decade ago or more, so it doesn't seem like a hard leap.

PizzaProwler posted:

Looks like a bunch of self-important media critics flinging poo poo at each other. Again.
Also this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just looked up that movie on IMDb and it runs for three and a half loving hours.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I ain't watching something that long unless they've cut Thom Bombadil from it.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Mikl posted:

a few years ago, people went public with how they were treated on his channel. about twenty people who used to work under his channel came with a 60+ documentation about the poo poo they dealt with, including with several producers grooming the people under them/being actual rapists. this polygon article kind of sums it up in the first half (and then goes on about youtube itself) but it also links to the document which is still up.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

I ain't watching something that long unless they've cut Thom Bombadil from it.

Personally, I long to see the Bomdadil cut opium dream

I am the master
This is my realm
This is my hot wife; flowers in her hair
Flowers everywhere

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Three and a half hours long? What the gently caress? The Goddamn Godfather isn't that long.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jesse doesn't seem so dumb now, does he?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

:perfect:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh gently caress, I've been catching up on Cinema Snob episodes. What did Brad Jones do?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

Oh gently caress, I've been catching up on Cinema Snob episodes. What did Brad Jones do?

Sided with Doug over the former Channel Awesome people who brought up complaints about him, including Allison Pregler who he was working with on and off up to that point. Disappointing but not that surprising.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Americans are so scared of doctors making decisions on suitable treatment they let insurance salesmen do it instead.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's not that surprising, he's a fan of exploitation movies, I guess he was overjoyed to be living one.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

TinTower posted:

Americans are so scared of doctors making decisions on suitable treatment they let insurance salesmen do it instead.

We really hate it when experts try to tell us they know better

because we're idiots

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

confusing people with property, an extremely new woke take

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm amazed how people seem to think a home is some kind of resource that has to be hoarded and doled out when you can seriously just build a home and give it to people, if everyone were on board with that proposition

We can just decide hey these people need a home? Let's get them one and it can happen!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

We really hate it when experts try to tell us they know better

because we're idiots

Sadly, that attitude is not limited to America. :smith:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

there wolf posted:

Sided with Doug over the former Channel Awesome people who brought up complaints about him, including Allison Pregler who he was working with on and off up to that point. Disappointing but not that surprising.

Complaints which included breaking contracts, unjust firings, firing assault victims, covering for sexual harassment and general harassment, and hiding evidence they knew one of their employees was grooming underage fans before committing suicide. Brad Jones' only comments were to say people were just whining and not seeing both sides, or to dismiss it entirely.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Well yikes. I had zero idea. I'm not particularly upset about learning this since I had stopped watching CA stuff well before that came to light, but it sucks for the victims. I feel bad for them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

sugar mouse posted:

Who can forget Nazi Germany's mass seizure of Jewish childrens' guns?

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1254849018015805449?s=20

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

As far as I know, there are only two people who are still at Channel Awesome that aren't the Walkers: Brad Jones, who has his tongue stuck in Doug's lower intestine; and Guru Larry, who stayed entirely to spite the Walkers for never promoting him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Complaints which included breaking contracts, unjust firings, firing assault victims, covering for sexual harassment and general harassment, and hiding evidence they knew one of their employees was grooming underage fans before committing suicide. Brad Jones' only comments were to say people were just whining and not seeing both sides, or to dismiss it entirely.

Said employee (JewWario) was also outright accused of sexual assaulting other members of the crew, and Doug’s initial response to the Change the Channel accusations inadvertently outed him, even though the victims had apparently decided to keep him anonymous to try to spare his widow further grief.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yea, he sided with the abusers, and was like "They're just mad they didn't eat at applebees" or something to that effect, and kept digging in and other internet people harassed him and he blamed allison and change the channel, and really just came off as an rear end (especially since allison had no problem providing receipts) The biggest shame is I really enjoyed it when his friends would review movies in the car. I don't know if they're still involved in that stuff, or got out, but I'd still watch them talk about movies sans brad

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1254772307941191686

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

https://twitter.com/courtneymilan/status/1254834965642018816?s=20

(Courtney isn't an idiot)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

this post is copyrighted, quote it and expect a call from my law talking guy

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

this post is copyrighted, quote it and expect a call from my law talking guy

I dare you to sic cumshitter on me!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Was it this thread talking about someones mom who went all jesus crazy one day and threw out his magic cards and stuff? I'm completely blanking on where that conversation went. I'm sorry this probably makes me the idiot of social media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Was it this thread talking about someones mom who went all jesus crazy one day and threw out his magic cards and stuff? I'm completely blanking on where that conversation went. I'm sorry this probably makes me the idiot of social media

Might have been in the past iteration of the thread?