Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Watched the first episode of the anime for the first time and it wasn't bad. I have some criticisms but whatever I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more.

In regards to the most recent chapter of the comic it looks like Evankhell is warming up. Considering Evankhell is in the top 100ish I have a feeling we have barely seen anything yet. Also Kallavan showing up so early is surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I watched the first episode and it was okay. I really shouldn't have read the comments though.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!
Looking forward to reactions to tonight's ToG.

Also the fast pass chapters are gooood.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-57/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=475

FUUUUUUUUUCK

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It was to be expected after the flame power asked Evankhell to please not die. Now it needs to migrate hosts again, Baam's probably to hoover up another power source.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I really hope she isn’t dead... But Khun has that new fire power so he’s an option too

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rak needs power, and is Ancient related.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

unstoppable rage of ancient fire monster burns the whole drat place down GO GO GO

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Episode 2 out free, episode 3 out for Premium users on CR: https://www.crunchyroll.com/tower-o...cr_carousel_tog

I love the Doors Test and Crown Game parts of Season 1 so really looking forward to this and next episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Anak is so good.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Anak is good.

Rak is better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

KittyEmpress posted:

Rak needs power, and is Ancient related.

Rak seems to be one of the ancients himself at least as far as I can tell from the translation? It's a pretty bad one it seems

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-58/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=476

I'm just amused by the Sniper's blatant abuse of the ranking system with utter min maxing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Turns out Evankhell's secret ability is... She big

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

AtomikKrab posted:

Turns out Evankhell's secret ability is... She big

Evankhell confirmed for biscuit from hxh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
huge huge HUGE

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm liking the min-max sniper.

"gently caress yeah I'll be in the top 200 now for sure!
Oh gently caress I'll be in the top 200 and I'll lose if just 3 regulars decide to attack me at once."

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Next episode up: https://www.crunchyroll.com/tower-o..._cr_top-bar_tog

They're doing the Crown Game super well so far.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

It was a joy to watch Shibisu's animations, it seems like the production team is having fun with the adaptation doing things that you can't really convey in still images.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Shibisu has definitely been the biggest winner of the adaptation so far. Anak being a close second.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Anime has been good. I am very pleased by it so far.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm really digging the music.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I recommend watching it in the Korean audio, I now understand why Rachel was translated as Lahel early on - phonetically that's what it sounds like in Korean. Also, the Japanese dub cut the bass mix's throat as there's a lot of interesting use of the low-end in the original audio that simply wasn't there with the dub.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forgot Androssi acted kind of evil

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sindai posted:

Bam is a redeemer. He saves people even if he doesn't realize what he is doing at times. Whether from dangers or from themselves.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Nealy everyone Bam meets is evil. Dude's redeeming Karaka and White.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

It wasn't directly Baam's doing but I knew Karaka was finished when Hell Joe asked him what his favorite tv show was and he deadpanned "I only watch the news". Up to that point Karaka was portrayed as unilaterally villainous and a major thorn in Baam's side.

I don't know if it was supposed to be humor, but it caught me offguard and was very funny. Now they're just fellow students who want to do anything to rescue their beloved teacher.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sindai posted:

Most of Baam's friends start off as assholes.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-59/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=477

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Friendship no Shinsoo applied to Karaka. Good work, Baam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

:orb: Baam.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If the anime is successful enough to get to this part of the story, it's going to be wild. Probably going to start being absolutely bonkers in the hell train.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

If they end the first season where I think they will, that cliffhanger should be enough to get a lot of attention for further seasons.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Can someone help me narrow down where I stopped reading last time? They had left the virtual world and were pulling up to a heavily-guarded station after the Zahards had demanded everyone on the Hell Train be killed.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Pierson posted:

Can someone help me narrow down where I stopped reading last time? They had left the virtual world and were pulling up to a heavily-guarded station after the Zahards had demanded everyone on the Hell Train be killed.

Here's the first chapter after after they leave the train. I figure that's a good spot for you to catch up.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-309/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=390

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That's more or less exactly it, thanks a bunch man.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

As an anime only watcher. I've gotta say I got a bad feeling about this Rachael girl after this last episode.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

As an anime only watcher. I've gotta say I got a bad feeling about this Rachael girl after this last episode.

She just wants to climb the tower with her friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Found this while looking for something new to watch on CR, watched a few episodes there then binged the entire webtoon in about a week. What an incredible series.

The anime's fine so far even if I'm not 100% sold on the choices they're making in terms of adaptation, there's a lot of pretty important context that's getting dropped from the early episodes, and how they decided to do the end of the crown game kinda confuses me. I get overselling the shinsu blast from Bam, but I'm a bit confused about why they tacked on the extra bit with Black March. It doesn't fit at all with my understanding of the 13th Month Series and their powers and relationship to Bam in the webtoon at all, and is especially odd since it's in the episode that he loses the Black March.

I do like the soundtrack and VO work, and the animation works well enough even if it's a bit sketch-like for my taste compared to the art in the webtoon. I think my dream studio for this would've been UFOtable after seeing what they did with Demon Slayer, I just can't see the art style the anime has doing justice to the really spectacular action we're going to see later on.