Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

did y'all take any of the stuff i left

sell it if you don't want it or start a donation pile on your island idc

putting out cherries, coconuts, oranges and recipes after server maintenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Kief Richards posted:

did y'all take any of the stuff i left

sell it if you don't want it or start a donation pile on your island idc

putting out cherries, coconuts, oranges and recipes after server maintenance

I took some thanks god bless! i also realized i've never planted pears, my island's fruit, because i've always had so many trees n didn't think to ever git more

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:staredog:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

wtfffffff

Areola Grande

rumors spread fast in Narshe

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm telling god

and isabelle

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dodo code 7R024, come get some fruit people

eta: gates still open as of 617pm cst

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 24, 2020

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
80 hours in, Persona 5 Royal still owns.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tradjik

alter ego is a freaking awesome mobile game if you are at all interested in finding out about yourself

ty heather papps u da bes

Finger Prince

Ixion from FFX is a goat.

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing like 3 other games right now, but I'm thinking of doing another run through Disco Elysium

tradjik

disco Elysium was so good but I never finished it cos I'm a minmax freak who gets more pleasure from gaming the game than enjoying the game for what is it

also, any recommendations for cool mobile games that won't tempt me into spending money I dont have? don't mind paying a one off fee to buy it if it's good

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

tradjik posted:

disco Elysium was so good but I never finished it cos I'm a minmax freak who gets more pleasure from gaming the game than enjoying the game for what is it

also, any recommendations for cool mobile games that won't tempt me into spending money I dont have? don't mind paying a one off fee to buy it if it's good

king of dragon pass x 100000000

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anybody's looking for a neat indie game, there's a little-known action adventure game called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice that I would highly recommend.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The Clowner posted:

If anybody's looking for a neat indie game, there's a little-known action adventure game called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice that I would highly recommend.

Is there an infinite lives code? I like to check every bottomless pit to make sure it's actually bottomless.

Do I need to have played Shakira: Shadows Die Whenever Wherever

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

I'd love to recommend a rerelease of the Sega CD fmv game Double Switch. It's a game where you trap mobsters and other villains in an Egyptian themed hotel by switching between several cameras throughout the hotel. It's goofy and fun and when it's working it's pretty great.

Unfortunately it's a mess. I can only speak to the Nintendo Switch version but this may be a problem with all versions of the game.

The game is loaded with instant fail states. Miss specific traps and you'll go back to the start of the Act. Some of the story bits occur in another room while you have to press a trap in another room, so you can't easily see the unique fmvs. Near the end of Act 2 there are several critical traps in a row. You're checkpointed at the start of the Act but these occur 9-10 minutes in so there's a ton of repetition. I've spent probably 3 hours repeating the 10 minutes of Act 2 figuring out the correct moves. I finally got through Act 2 but instead of the game continuing, nothing happened. I could swap cameras and arm traps like normal but nothing new was happening. An exit and continue put me back at the start of Act 2.

If this game worked correctly I would enjoy it but find certain parts of it really annoying. As is, occasionally it completely breaks which is especially awful with how easy it is to fail even when it works correctly.

Jolo

https://youtu.be/TF-WTVEgfV8

It has Corey Haim, Debbie Harry (Blondie), and R Lee Ermey. I wish this drat thing worked right. Gah.

Jolo

Arrrrgh! That dumb game could be a favorite if playing it didn't suck so much.

I got through Act 2 but let too many enemies past so despite timing all 16 fail states correctly I still failed overall. I think the developer realized that this game is only about a half hour long so they made it super hard to get through so that you have to play it over and over. The other thing that sucks is in order to trap enough enemies you can't even watch the silly videos of them falling in the double dare traps. As soon as you trigger a trap you have to swap rooms because there might be another trap you'll miss within 0.5 seconds.

vanisher

So Alien Isolation was two bucks. Horror games that give you a worthless gun is the cruelest joke.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolo posted:

Is there an infinite lives code? I like to check every bottomless pit to make sure it's actually bottomless.

Do I need to have played Shakira: Shadows Die Whenever Wherever

I would recommend playing the prequel, Sekiro: You Only Shadow Twice first but it's optional

Finger Prince

I just got this game called Stranded Deep on PS4. It's kind of buggy and glitchy and terrible and yet oddly addictive. You basically have to survive on a desert archipelago with what you can salvage from shipwrecks and flotsam and whatever plants are around. I don't think there's actually any victory scenario so I'll probably play until I'm bored or get to the point where I'm relatively sustainable or run out of palm trees to chop down. It's very different to most games I've played. Some try to add elements of survival to them, like try to remember to eat once every few days, but this one is like, wake up, get your still prepped for water. Get some fish. Eat a coconut, cook the fish, get more palm leaves for the still. Ok, got a bit of spare time, maybe I'll craft some encampment stuff. Need fibrous plants for lashing. Running out of fibrous plants. Drink water. Now it's dark., etc. You slowly exhaust the resources of your first island and have to start thinking about when you're going to have to move, what you can take with you, etc., then row out to another island, step on a snake in the dark and get poisoned.

FutonForensic

watching other gamers play earth defense force: ahaha ps2 looking trash. cum-for-brain gamers don't know poo poo

me playing earth defense force co-op:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o

vanisher

Scaly Haylie

started playing a retranslated version of earthbound and I'm already stuck

biosterous

name her peach

rename ness as mario

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923363

come play my favourite janky online crime rpg with me and other goons :buddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

ToxicFrog

Lizard Wizard posted:

started playing a retranslated version of earthbound and I'm already stuck

[X] I'm in this picture and I don't like it

This is how every single game with a robust character creator goes for me:
- picking class, subclass, favoured skills, unfavoured skills, starting equipment, perks, pet, favourite food, etc: 5 minutes
- picking appearance: an hour of loving with sliders and then another hour of just hitting "random" until it gives me something I like
- name: gently caress it I'll come back to this next week

posting smiling
super mario land is a better game than super mario world in much the same way that disney land is better than disney world. the scale of the world is simply too large. one cannot enjoy amusements while being confronted with one's own insignificance in the face of the vastness of existence. but a land is just the right amount to have.

beer pal

i've got to vouch for the classic "super mario bros.". you play as one brother, the other is only implied, suggesting "the brotherhood of man". no pretense of a whole world (or indeed even a land) just for the mario brothers, with the feudalistic undertones therein. a humble, grounded game. i think it was kant who said "think local act globsl".

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
did I ever share my theory that mario may have accidentally imported catholicism to the mushroom kingdom when he warped there from our world and when the princess converted, so too did her nation, and that started all these disagreements with her neighbors, maybe screwed up an arranged marriage with koopa, etc.

also there's no proof that luigi is really mario's brother. all sorts of mothers and their children get raised as "brother and sister" because the mom had the kid too young. or like when it turns out someone's mom was really their aunt and the "aunt" was really the mom (I call your attention to paulie walnuts in the sopranos, a choice piece of evidence).

what I'm saying is mario could have started religious turmoil, then hosed one of the mushrooms and the resulting child grew up quick, like how a kitten starts being a cat way quicker than a baby becomes a lawyer.

all the "-ario" & "-uigi" folk could just be mario's kids and luigi is the closest to normal.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

posting smiling
:siren: the game report :siren:
video gamers are awaiting news of the playstation 5 and the xbox 5. the new machines are expected to feature games like elder scrolls 6, grand theft auto 6, and tony hawk's 6. the reason there is one more game than number of game machines is because all video games started out as board games.

Jolo

Anthony Hawk busts into James Activision's office.

"Hey fucko, you've heard of board games.. "

"Tony" does a nollie heelflip into a tailslide along the executive's desk.

"-but have you heard of... BOARD GAMES???"

Dollar signs appear in the executive's eyes. Ska music begins to play.

Mummy Napkin
quarantine is making me do weird things like download fortnite and buy the battle pass so I can be a guy in a banana suit and get shot buy tweens who build big houses and snipe my old rear end

Bobby Deluxe

i kind of liked the sound of save the world but apparently they never fix anything and multiplayer has been destroyed by people setting up trading lobbies

my wife bought a founder pack when it was on sale and honestly i tend to just build basically the same traps every level

i am currently trying to swear off live service / eternal endgame games and it is good because there are some really good story based older games i have finally been able to get round to

and amiibo crossing

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Since i finished persona 5 royal i had the urge to play persona 3 FESter's Quest. so i messed around with PSCX2 and i gotta say the PC emulation scene for playstation stuff is really impressive now and P3FES looks real good at 1080p 60fps. it's wild

Areola Grande

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Since i finished persona 5 royal i had the urge to play persona 3 FESter's Quest. so i messed around with PSCX2 and i gotta say the PC emulation scene for playstation stuff is really impressive now and P3FES looks real good at 1080p 60fps. it's wild

I'm finishing Royal myself and wanting to do p4 Golden next, but I got rid of my Vita long ago. How's the Vita emulation scene looking?

Areola Grande

would u drive the ps5 if it was a car

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

vanisher

it kind of looks like a white BMW M3

vanisher

actually its too curvy now that I look closer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher