Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

I looked at some immunology poo poo and it does seem that our own human immune response might be very strain specific, so it's perhaps not effective at fighting similar strains. (we learn how to fight only a very specific strain and not it's close brothers)

that said, creating vaccines is not the same as our body learning how to fight something, it's entirely possible that we create a vaccine that generates an immune response that's effective against multiple coronavirus strains, that our body wouldn't necessarily generate simply by exposed to the virus itself.

yeah well im a product manager and read some tweets and i disagree. vaccines aren’t possible here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

yeah well im a product manager and read some tweets and i disagree. vaccines aren’t possible here

nice facts mate can I get some fries with that

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

FMguru posted:

our genius overlords want your sucker asses back in the office

https://twitter.com/BrianRoemmele/status/1254975781396045824

hmm, my entire workforce is currently working remotely, what conclusion is there to draw...plastic dividers. of course, it was so obvious

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

all of yospos is pure distilled day crew.

what does this mean?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
really makes u realise how much spit your coworkers give you on the daily

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

what does this mean?

I used to really despite knuc if u buck and then he stopped posting round here for years and I forgot all about it but believe me when so say it all came back as strong as the day so first jerked off by myself and it’ll never grow weaker I promise even if it’s a death bed memorial i’ll punch that dude in the balls, one fist one nut, nothing less you have my word

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

really the worst thing about the coronavirus is that it's driving some terrible posting.

case in point.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

nice facts mate can I get some fries with that

lol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

covidishly should be a word. it's the quality or state of being covidish, or otherwise related to covid

the boorish man coughed covidishly in the discount auto parts store

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Broken Machine posted:

covidishly should be a word. it's the quality or state of being covidish, or otherwise related to covid

nah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

Two women here last week went into a Walgreens and started stealing stuff while coughing loudly and saying they had covid to keep the staff away. They got arrested and are now being charged by the FBI with robbery affecting interstate commerce, which is a $250,000 fine and 20 years in jail. Lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol owned

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

what does this mean?

it means everyone loves to talk about their lunch and their jobs and their sexy wives

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Two women here last week went into a Walgreens and started stealing stuff while coughing loudly and saying they had covid to keep the staff away. They got arrested and are now being charged by the FBI with robbery affecting interstate commerce, which is a $250,000 fine and 20 years in jail. Lol

someone did that in detroit and got a terrorism charge lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

abigserve posted:

hmm, my entire workforce is currently working remotely, what conclusion is there to draw...plastic dividers. of course, it was so obvious

tech companies will spend more than private offices cost in order to not have private offices

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

someone did that in detroit and got a terrorism charge lol

the only good use for those laws

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just noticed that this thread is called the day crew thread. fyi, all of yospos is pure distilled day crew.
normal tuesday night for forums anthropologist knuc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it means everyone loves to talk about their lunch and their jobs and their sexy wives

ok. thank you for explaining.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

don't post in this forum anymore

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DELETE CASCADE posted:

don't post in this forum anymore

:ironicat:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1255168937370832903

mike,

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

don't moderate this forum anymore

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hell yeah

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Broken Machine posted:

Covid Karen is this pandemic's Typhoid Mary

it would be better if it was a man's name but I can't think of a stereotypical male republican name that has caught on like Karen has.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Stereotype posted:

Covid Karen is this pandemic's Typhoid Mary

it would be better if it was a man's name but I can't think of a stereotypical male republican name that has caught on like Karen has.

"Ron"?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Imagine the Parks and Recreation characters dealing with this situation.

Ron Swanson: "It is my God given right as an American to not wear any sort of mask *cough cough*"

Jerry: *Dies from the rona because he is obese*

Rest of cast: "Oh Jerry you goofball"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Stereotype posted:

Ron Swanson: "It is my God given right as an American to not wear any sort of mask *cough cough*"

Jerry: *Dies from the rona because he is obese*

Rest of cast: "Oh Jerry you goofball"

I don't know what that is but I've legit never met a "Ron" born after November 1980 who wasn't at least chud-descended. The name is A Choice.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
In the last season of that show Amy Poehler's character has a huge falling out with Ron because he builds an apartment building where her friend's house used to be and she gets incredibly mad about it because she hates the idea that anything could possibly change for her personally, despite having fought valiantly for change for everyone else for the entire series. The politics on that show were bad

Schadenboner posted:

I don't know what that is but I've legit never met a "Ron" born after November 1980 who wasn't at least chud-descended. The name is A Choice.

It's the office but about a small town parks department and it was pretty funny, but Ron Swanson was a stoic libertarian who often did wildly irresponsible and out-of-character things just because he said he could because This Is America

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Stereotype posted:

In the last season of that show Amy Poehler's character has a huge falling out with Ron because he builds an apartment building where her friend's house used to be and she gets incredibly mad about it because she hates the idea that anything could possibly change for her personally, despite having fought valiantly for change for everyone else for the entire series. The politics on that show were bad

she also has a lady boner for joe biden

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Roosevelt posted:

she also has a lady boner for joe biden

The politician cameos in that show were all just the worst centrist or far-right politicians imaginable. Barbara Boxer, John McCain, Newt Gingrich, Orrin Hatch, Olympia Snowe, and yes, Joe Biden.

Michelle Obama was in one, but she isn't a politician.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

It's the office but about a small town parks department and it was pretty funny, but Ron Swanson was a stoic libertarian who often did wildly irresponsible and out-of-character things just because he said he could because This Is America

fuckin hated how they shat on jerry. like family guy with meg. it's such low cheap humour

parks and rec was kinda good but not really very funny, despite being a comedy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stereotype posted:

you won't have to imagine. they're doing a special on thursday.

echinopsis posted:

fuckin hated how they shat on jerry. like family guy with meg. it's such low cheap humour

they shat on him but also he was the only one who was able to separate work from real life, where he was happily married, working towards retirement, then was loved so much they made him eternal mayor. also he canonically has a huge dick

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

I always thought the joke was that, even though they made fun of him, Jerry had his life together more than anyone else in the show. He had a wonderful family, a steady secure and well paying job for his entire life, and was just really comfortable with himself and his identity. All the other characters just careened between personal and professional catastrophes but Jerry was basically always fine.

Donna was also sort of like this but she had generational wealth.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

you won't have to imagine. they're doing a special on thursday.

I'm sure that Ron is going to be like "only an idiot wouldn't wear a mask!" when in reality his character would be incredulous of the pandemic or just disappear since he was also sort of a prepper.

quote:

also he canonically has a huge dick

lol i forgot about this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

they shat on him but also he was the only one who was able to separate work from real life, where he was happily married, working towards retirement, then was loved so much they made him eternal mayor. also he canonically has a huge dick
he got shat on by all the broke brained weirdos then got to go home to brooke shields so yeah, the lesson of parks and rec is is horrible people are more entertaining than nice ones

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

qirex posted:

he got shat on by all the broke brained weirdos then got to go home to brooke shields so yeah, the lesson of parks and rec is is horrible people are more entertaining than nice ones

So why aren't my posts funnier?

:(

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
tired: posting about lunch
wired: posting about breakfast

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I ordered pad Thai with scallops and squid and it was very good

enjoy ur sea food while you still can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

I always thought the joke was that, even though they made fun of him, Jerry had his life together more than anyone else in the show. He had a wonderful family, a steady secure and well paying job for his entire life, and was just really comfortable with himself and his identity. All the other characters just careened between personal and professional catastrophes but Jerry was basically always fine.

Donna was also sort of like this but she had generational wealth.

yeah suppose all those things are true

but it’s also terribly unfunny to watch

I want more of aziz and jean ralphio