Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hilary endorsing Biden just as his rapes pick up Steam is Hilary as gently caress.

Also they did some stars and it looks like Hilary endorsing him will have a negative impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is hell world, please prepare yourselves in case of the Doom Ticket. (Biden/Clinton 2020)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Making Clinton VP would prove the dems have learned nothing so probably

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/InViroVanitas/status/1254994243484971010?s=19

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dude is just lifting his screed from Rick and Morty too lol

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this happened to me once before, but I forget how to fix it: tweets aren't displaying in the thread for some reason. any idea how to fix it?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sounds like paradise, why would you want to undo it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hawowanlawow posted:

dude is just lifting his screed from Rick and Morty too lol

I don't remember what lovely take he blocked me for calling him out on. He's such a wet blanket.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Biplane posted:

Sounds like paradise, why would you want to undo it

I fixed it. looks like I just had to update duckduckgo

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I found a live one on my Facebook feed:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I tend to like that device when it’s used as a misdirect. Like it starts off In Media Res as one thing, but by the time the narrative catches up to that moment the context you have has completely changed the meaning of the scene.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

christmas boots posted:

I tend to like that device when it’s used as a misdirect. Like it starts off In Media Res as one thing, but by the time the narrative catches up to that moment the context you have has completely changed the meaning of the scene.

I liked when American Dad did one where it turned out the Steve that was dead in the pool in the opening was a lookalike actor, and then acknowledges in the voiceover that it's a bit of a screw to the audience.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Who do I call?! There are birds in my back yard!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Staryberry posted:

They're brown, call 911!

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Dixville posted:

They're brown, call 911!

This was an actual response:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Yep that's right literally everyone born in November will win the lottery this year!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Staryberry posted:

What kind of maniac would want them remov- oh, yeah. Boomers.

Dixville posted:

Yep that's right literally everyone born in November will win the lottery this year!
Pretty sure I won't be travelling much either.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I didn't realize the deadline for getting a puppy is two days from now! Why didn't you remind me sooner?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Staryberry posted:

There's a mobster takem off your hands easy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

This is hell world, please prepare yourselves in case of the Doom Ticket. (Biden/Clinton 2020)

at this point the Doom Ticket (Victor Von) would be an improvement

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Phy posted:

Who would be his running mate?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

A doombot. And you'd never know which one is actually Doom for security reasons. None of them, probably.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I charge $1500 to remove ducks from pools. I just walk outside and wave my arms around a bit.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Good work if you can get it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I know posting Prager is a level lower than cheating but

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1255255227663597571

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TinTower posted:

Drinking bleach to own the nats.

Same flavor.
https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1255159129607454720

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Mak0rz posted:

I like that this account found an anti-Semitic criticism of that tweet, complete with sassyblackperson.gif

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I charge $1500 to remove ducks from pools. I just walk outside and wave my arms around a bit.

I don't have a screenshot , but a friend of my sister's once had a Canada Goose either die and crash in her yard or hit a window and die. It's IoSM because she had no idea what to do and panic posted an ad on Craigslist for someone to come deal with it. Some dude got $25 to drive over, put it in a trash bag and drive home.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Phy posted:

Victor Von Doom ran Latveria fairly and justly! I will not have his good name, nor shiny mask sullied in this way!

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Mak0rz posted:

https://twitter.com/BowlcutThanos/status/1255277935055044608

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When you see people question why healthy people need to be quarantined, tell them about Typhoid Mary. She killed a lot of people over years without ever showing any symptoms.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've seen a lot of people complain that COVID only has a 1% fatality rate (though that seems like a questionable statistic), but not nearly enough people pointing out that 1% of the world is seventy million people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also this time last year it wasn't killing anybody because it didn't exist

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

hawowanlawow posted:

also this time last year it wasn't killing anybody because it didn't exist

Look, just because it's killed more people in a month than the flu killed in 6 doesn't mean it's worse than the flu! People are overreacting!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

When you see people question why healthy people need to be quarantined, tell them about Typhoid Mary. She killed a lot of people over years without ever showing any symptoms.
For anyone who hasn't heard the story beyond just her name, Typhoid Mary's a really good analog to the modern anti-quarantine protesters. Even after she was identified as the carrier and informed what she was doing she wouldn't stay in. She just really loved spreading typhoid.

Wikipedia posted:

While quarantined, she was forced to give stool and urine samples, which indicated massive amounts of typhoid bacteria in her gallbladder. Authorities suggested removing her gallbladder, but she refused as she did not believe she carried the disease. She was also unwilling to cease working as a cook.[15] However, [8] Mallon attracted so much media attention that she was called "Typhoid Mary" in a 1908 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Later, in a textbook that defined typhoid fever, she again was called "Typhoid Mary."[16]

Eventually, Eugene H. Porter, the New York State Commissioner of Health, decided that disease carriers should no longer be kept in isolation and that Mallon could be freed if she agreed to stop working as a cook and take reasonable steps to prevent transmitting typhoid to others. On February 19, 1910, Mallon agreed that she was "prepared to change her occupation (that of a cook), and would give assurance by affidavit that she would upon her release take such hygienic precautions as would protect those with whom she came in contact, from infection." She was released from quarantine and returned to the mainland.[17]
Release and second quarantine (1915–1938)

Upon her release, Mallon was given a job as a laundress, which paid less than cooking. After several unsuccessful years of working as a laundress, she changed her name to Mary Brown and took jobs as a cook against the explicit instructions of health authorities. For the next five years, she worked in a number of kitchens; wherever she worked, there were outbreaks of typhoid. However, she changed jobs frequently, and Soper was unable to find her.[8]

In 1915, Mallon started another major outbreak, this time at Sloane Hospital for Women in New York City. Twenty-five people were infected, and two died. She again left, but the police were able to find and arrest her when she took food to a friend on Long Island.[8][17] After arresting her, public health authorities returned her to quarantine on North Brother Island on March 27, 1915. She was still unwilling to have her gallbladder removed.[17]

Mallon remained in quarantine for the remainder of her life, a period of just over 23 years. She became a minor celebrity and occasionally was interviewed by the media. They were told not to accept even water from her.[8] Later, she was allowed to work as a technician in the island's laboratory, washing bottles.[10]

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Knormal posted:

For anyone who hasn't heard the story beyond just her name, Typhoid Mary's a really good analog to the modern anti-quarantine protesters. Even after she was identified as the carrier and informed what she was doing she wouldn't stay in. She just really loved spreading typhoid.

There was a really good Sawbones episode about it.

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/sawbones/sawbones-typhoid-mary/

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

:yeshaha:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Knormal posted:

The main problem was that she didn't wash her hands as Typhoid is spread by the fecal-oral route. But she chose to ignore that claiming she never had typhoid and that she was being discriminated against because she was Irish. While she may have been it is still a fact that the places she cooked at had outbreaks of Typhoid and she ignored that.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Knormal posted:

I remember reading about Typhoid Mary a few months ago and thinking "I can't imagine anyone being this selfish these days" and boy the last few weeks have really opened my eyes to the amount of garbage people I live with.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 13:22 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Typhoid Mary and Corona Karen.